Breakthrough Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

So I've built up a decent back supply of metal, having not being able to do anything with it, and its a pain to just throw away. Tonight I went through the 2 raids to acquire the catalysts needed so that I may use the metal and advance at least one of my artifacts. I even had to spend some replay badges on one of them. When I got the last catalyst that I needed, the breakthrough failed. Now, I don't have the catalysts anymore, and I still can't do anything. I'm basically back to where I started. What gives?!

I'm starting to think these artifacts are worthless and useless.
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. well...

What level are you trying to reach with your artifact? The higher you go the more you need Seals of Preservation; Constantine gives you one for free when you complete the Artifact mission for the first time. I just recently got a couple of artifacts up to level 80 and those seals really helped out.
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You had no seal of protection? They are available at the Market and really do not cost that much. I figure the small charge for those is worth all the frustration and potential added time if I try a breakthrough and fail without one and then have to go run ALL those missions again.

I have 7 alts I play regularly and all of them own 3 artifacts and at this point all but 3 of those artifacts is at level 60 or higher. I have had a few failures but I own at this point 15 spare Protective seals and have not lost a single catalyst. Now I realize some players can not afford even the smallest cheapest things on the market and just have to take the chance and hope for the best. So you do what you have to do. Hope you have better luck next try.
    • Like x 3
  4. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I guess I needed another seal then. Thanks guys.
  5. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

One question.

Where do I get another seal? I checked with ol Johnny Boy, and he doesn't have any.
  6. Darth Loyal Player

Always have a seal when you attempt a breakthrough man. No glove, no love :p
    You can get them from the broker or loyalty vendor. If you don't mind paying, there's also the marketplace.
    • Like x 5
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did you look on the Broker??
    Or The Market Place??
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You made me chuckle. Well done
    • Like x 1
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Will check the broker when I'm on tomorrow. Thanks everyone.
  10. Attackfrog Active Player

If you are a member, it's a good db cash sink (they know what they are doing). I use a bit of my 500/month cash to use those seals. Makes it almost seem "free"....
  11. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Yup, I'm a member. I don't think I'd be able to post on here otherwise. At least I couldn't when I was free to play. In the past I've spent the DB cash on other things. But my membership runs out at the end of the month, so we'll see what happens. I may renew, I may not. :)