Brainiac's Ship

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darkest Law, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Darkest Law New Player

Hello,

Does anyone else get tired of having to go through Brainiac's ship? I would like to have an option of skipping it with the cost of replay badges. Thoughts?
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No. It's easy, takes little time, and if you do things right you can get extra feat points.
    • Like x 7
  3. Wildboy Committed Player

Agreed. Leave it be. As other posters have stated in the past, what little combat mechanic training you get in the Brainiac ship is better than nothing.
    • Like x 7
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

They did improve things over when the game was new. The little blocking, block breaking, and lunging tutorial they added later is great.
    • Like x 3
  5. ChuckLess New Player

If you have already been through it once, that's enough. It teaches us nothing anyway.
  6. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Takes all of what, seven minutes? o_O You don't even have to do anything in the last room as Supes or Lex will KO all the enemies while you take a smoke/snack/derp break. (enemies wont put out enough dps to dent you even if you ain't doin' jack)
    • Like x 6
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

i would personally enjoy ripping what seems to be a soul from your corpse.

it's just something a Villain does. Its what i do.
    As much as you might distance yourself from the beginning, its still the beginning.
    • Like x 1
  8. MagnaStrike Well-Known Player

If was possible to skip, what would prevent a new player to not skip it too? As far i know, people enjoy skipping instructions and tutorials from any kind of game and then ask why they can do a thing
    • Like x 4
  9. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

I get very bored of the tutorial so i would agree that at least a skip option for anyone who has beaten it on another character seems viable
  10. Will Power Loyal Player

I'd want the reverse and have a harder version like Turning right take you on the Noob route, However Turning Left would take your through swarms of Brainiac Drones and really put you to the test.
    • Like x 13
  11. iSmashly New Player

Keep it I need for an easy 100 hit feat
    • Like x 5
  12. Malachyte Devoted Player

It would make sense to have a skip option once you did the ship the first time have that option account bound so you can skip it when you create your other toons.
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

So what's next for all of you alt-makers, a "skip to lvl 30" option? If you want to make new characters just go along with the stuffs you have to do. We can already skip enough in this game, no need to skip a friggin' tutorial that takes 5 minutes of your precious and valuable time. This community :D
    • Like x 5
  14. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Some of the style pieces there are hard to find later as well.
    • Like x 1
  15. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

There are many easy feats in the tutorial. Of course, if it's an alt you probably already have those feats and can buy them. It doesn't take long for an alt, and a brand new player can learn some basics if they read the screen. I would leave it as is. I would like to go back to the ship and get that pod I burst out of as a souvenir for my lair.
    • Like x 2
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

Most important mechanic that is taught but not well absorbed is blocking. The lunger needs to be beefed up to make players understand how important it is to block at times.
  17. Oberon New Player

The starting area is tedious and painful - needs a revamp or a skip option.
  18. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Feats dont matter for Alts you are trying out. For the 1st character sure feats, collectibles, etc are all recommended but for every toon you create there is really no point unless you are gonna do everything on every toon and then you can choose to not skip. I can never understand why people wanna control how other people play in single-player scenarios. This option doesnt affect anyone who doesnt wanna use it...at all
  19. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

I really wouldnt mind this. I have played every mission on the villain side (1-30) way too many times. I know the opening texts for each mission and when a mission is about to start that i hate playing i get far less interested in the game. Since they never add anything to the 1-30 part of the game we can assume that they really dont care about it and will continue to add to the "after 30" part of the game...so why would they care if we play through it another 500 times? A skip option for 1-30 seems like a time saver although i dont know how they would deal with the gear you should have at that level
    • Like x 2
  20. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

You are forgetting that i am not demanding for the skip option to be in the game for the 1st playthrough, only after you have done it before on your account. It is telling someone how they should play the game by refusing the option for others to skip something they have done before just because you can get feats
  21. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

As an "alt-maker" I just wanted to say...

Im run through the brainiac ship begining to end on hundreds of characters over my 4 years here and im content to keep doing it. Not all of us want to skip and save precious time (lol). Im with you, run it again and deal with it.
    • Like x 2