Boon of Sobek

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ozman, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

It wasn't about sussing you out Reinheld, so dial back the melodrama lol.

the DLC has been out 11 days and you're complaining about the drop rate of items that drop only from content with weekly loot locks - let that fact actually sink in for a moment. lol
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, and you threw in your reply based on the fact that I believe I should already be done 2 weeks in. Once again attributing something I never said to me. I'm running 5 toons daily, and ran 5 more through the weekly stuff. That's 40 potential drops(2 raids+2 weekly OW boxes x10) and I think I've gotten 3 or 4 of these. That seems low. I think I can come up with an opinion on the avg drop rate I'VE been getting as compared to previous episodes...now granted my drop luck is bad...but it was bad last ep too. Might I have had 3 weeks of bad runs (and it's 3 weeks of the weeklies including the 1 day 'week' we got at launch), sure....doesn't mean my average isn't bad at this point. Of course I didn't say 'IT IS DEFINATELY WORSE' about the drop rate....I said 'IT SEEMS TO BE A BIT LOWER" which means I'm only referencing my personal experience so far...not actual insider knowledge, coded drop percentages like you apparently have access to.

Again, please show us the code you obviously have access to in order to base your opinion on RE the drop rates. If you don't have it, your personal opinion is no more correct after 11 days than someone else's is wrong. Let THAT fact sink in for a moment.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

RNG is RNG, sorry you had bad luck
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Spicy.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, now that's a normal response....too bad it followed up your patented 'Proxy'-style first response.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, keep sending ninja invites. Maybe one day I'll join your group.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You misinterpret me then.

That was me politely telling you, it doesn't matter how many words you type or how big you think your sample size is, which is an insignificant amount by the way.

RNG is RNG and your experience is just anecdotal because that is the nature of RNG, the DLC is 11 days old and even that in mind you can buy these things on the broker for 8mil or less, I've leveled 4 augments and only bought 2 on the broker, all others have dropped from me just running a few characters, so again RNG is RNG.

But hey If you wanna jump to the premature conclusion that the drop rate must be lower because poor little Reinheld isn't getting any drops and that helps you feel better, then sure I'm sure they're dropping less lol, right.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...."the boon drop rate seems to be a bit lower than last DLC" I sure took a hard stand on that one...I mean using such absolute terms like 'a bit' or 'seems'....woof....hard line stuff right there. I sure expressed my dissatisfaction when I then also said "I am pooling drops from a few alts though, so it's working out" Grrrr.....I should tone down all that RAGE!

And I obviously misinterpreted your response to that. "your expectation is that all players or even most players need to finish these things in the first 2 weeks". Something I only ever said inside your mind....Thanks for the free rent BTW....now I know why you responded to such a throw away comment vs adding something constructive to the OPs original question.

Silly me....reading words as written again. I need to stop doing that.

BTW....If you've already leveled 4 augs, including buying some catalysts....WHO's the one worried about getting things done the first 2 weeks? Probably full elite and OP head done by now as well, huh? Gotta maintain that superiority, amiright?

PS....Still waiting on those actual drop rates from the code. Please share with the class....should be enlightening.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I had a group lined up and prepared to do some old feats. Sorry for trying to help. Sheesh.

Stay in that grouchy little hole of yours then.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've said multiple times I prefer to choose who I run with (hence my dislike of random queues)...sorry...from what I've seen here, and in your LFG messages, that's probably not you. Besides...I was busy and would generally not accept a ninja invite from someone I haven't run with...I despise the practice. Now...if you'd have asked me to just help queue you in...sure...no problem, just ask first next time...that would only take a minute.

But thanks for thinking of me....I hope you got the feat done you were looking for help on.:p
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Im glad you take such an interest in my progress, thanks for the free rent lol

To enlighten you though, I have the augments done because I can, they're easy to do and provide tangible benefits like extra gear drops and OP R&D it makes absolute sense to get them leveled.

I have the OP helm at the second breakthrough and no a single piece of vendor gear yet.

Remember Reinheld, play smart, not necessarily play more.

The primary point is I don't need to provide any code or detail on the drop rate because you want to go karen over anecdotal evidence of drop rates after 11 days of a DLC, let's talk in 2 months I'm picking by then this will be a non issue, if not even sooner.

But hey remember complaining is free ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I think you sent me an invite once too right or something, sometimes just busy, but keep trying, you'll catch me available eventually :D
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No....Actually I just mentioned it seemed a bit lower than before. Which, as you point out, could be RNG as much as any real change. I also said I was doing fine pooling my drops from alts....the same thing you say you were doing (although I'm not as desperate to go to the broker for them, I'm not in that big of a rush).

What I take exception with was your characterization that I expected everyone to be finished in 2 weeks, something I never said or implied, even though YOU are the guy who then states you went out of your way to have 4 done in 2 weeks. For what reason you do this kind of stuff...I can't be sure. I suppose it gives you some smug feeling of superiority to 'correct' something that someone didn't say or imply? Good 'win' for you I guess? Congrats?

BTW. Do you have a job as a copy writer at a major media outlet? If not you should see who's hiring, you'd fit right in.
  14. Physique Dedicated Player

I was able to get a fair number of Boon of Sobek but instead of running the same toon over and over, I farm across about 10-12 toons every week. I've never been a big fan of the randomizer the development team has used and I do not think the threshold fix used in the time capsules has been applied to every random drop occurrence especially with the newer releases. The oddity for me is that I see a lot better "rare" drops on my lower level toons than I do on my main ones...
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I work for Fox News, it's why I'm so fair and balanced.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Doubtful....you'd at least be interesting or entertaining then. I'd suspect a more smug, self centered 'elitist' outlet.:rolleyes:
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Are you calling me a liar, that's outrageous!! :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah....happens all the time around here. Lost 'outrageous' status around the 10th or 12th time you did it. Now? Maybe 'mildly eyebrow raising'.
    [IMG]
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve gotten a bunch of these but I’ve reset the raid a bunch of times too. I think I have 5-6 in my inventory and have sold over ten of them on the broker.
    • Like x 1
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve been recommending to leaguemates and friends over last DLC and this one to level the augments to get the extra OP food/XP drops ASAP. You’ll make up the DC cash spent on the broker for catalysts by selling the food/XP whether right away or after leveling the OP head.
    • Like x 1