Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

What...... Please inform me what you mean. Are you talking about the damage MT/ML can do from Res set up? Or do you mean they adjusted actual animation timings. Those are two seperate things.

Again I'm not the supreme decider but they swept through everything for animation balance and I doubt that its likely at all for them to make any changes that wouldn't fit their new specific parameters. The backlash would be outrageous. I'd love to have Light doing faster animations but I don't think it likely.
    • Like x 2
  2. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

This is what everyone has to understand. There is no mistake why and how HL was changed. There is nothing to fix when it comes to mechanics. Even the damage output may not be broken. It's all designed and implimented in the manner they so desired. It was with all intention HL go down the ladder of dps. Why is HL so dominates in pvp? They probably feel thier time is better spent on other aspects of the game and that's probably true.
  3. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I agree to a certain extent. In the original info release on how the game was moving forward(discussing AM's, GU 36 etc). They did put it out there that the precision based classes would have the highest DPS potential. HL was supposed to be more balanced compared to the other sets. Skill is meant to matter(which to an extent it already did).

HL's damage does need a slight buff to be in the same balanced range. From full - melee. Their clearly sweeping through the powers again just to fine tune the balance among them. I'm confident we'll hear Light being a part of that soon.

In PvP Light has always been good. Our AM is very good for PvP due to how it delivers damage and its power cost. Post GU 47 I have noticed that the CC and breakout issues are somewhat lessened and Light doesn't seem as indomitable as before. Still very good though.....
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

The animation , they can do where it's fast in pve and slow in pvp like now on live server
  5. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Are you telling me that hl is fine ? U need know that the majority of players do pve. So if they need to nerf hl in pvp and buff it in pvE , I'm down .

U cant denie that hl is doing less damage and don't ever tell me it was designed this way because it wasn't . The first day they put it on test server it was doing really great but when they released it , they nerfed it . If it was the same on test server , u wouldNt see any threads saying how hl is doing bad damage .

Hl does need a buff and that's not coming from me but from the community . M

What they can do is , buff hl is pve and disable the buff in pvp !
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

What power for Mental specifically is under the .8 second threshold in PvE but slower in PvP?
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

No I prolly didn't explain what I meant my bad , what I meant is

Mental was doing one shot , they did a hotfix where it says

Reduced the damage in pvp only. But they kept it in pve. So they can do the same for hl. Buff in pve and disable the buff in pvp
  8. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I do not think HL is fine. I just believe that's how the devs intended things to go. I'm quite upset about the way things currently stand. HL is the reason I used to love the game. I agree that HL should be brought up. I shouldn't have to feel inadequate and embaressed when I dps with HL. Agreed with PVP as well. Too strong with the AM. I also believe HL will return to the top one day. If not in this game maybe dcuo2.
    • Like x 1
  9. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I agree with u and the reason I play dcuo is because of lanterns .

When I get in a group and do raids they like oh hl dps -__-, it's like am some type of bad karma lol but I do hope that devs are working on hl because so far every power can outdps hl easily
  10. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Those are two separate issue's. I applaud your line of thinking. However, an animation change is different from a damage change. They did the same thing with Gadgets EMP/P Dart.

We can all hope that they would change the animation times. I just don't see it as likely due to conjecture from the community. They swept through and gave everyone the exact same parameters only for animation times. Where we can point out that an animation time change would improve DPS. It's more likely we'll see a balance pass(improvement) in our damage numbers than an animation change.

The community would riot and it wouldn't really be fair. Even if we we're balanced numbers wise it would still be considered an advantage(which is why it was changed over a year ago).

For the record to be clear I see the issue with Lights damage(especially in mid - melee range), I'd like if the animations we're faster but bottom-line just want to see the damage adjusted to where the power is doing well comparatively(with other powers in those ranges etc).
    • Like x 3
  11. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

All I want is buff for hl and chompers to stay longer :(
    • Like x 1
  12. Mighty Committed Player

Hey Doc, I'm jumping on to try my damnedest to get you melee numbers. I'll respond to the rest after I get that knocked out.
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

U went hl ?
  14. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Thanks!!!! That'll help. I could see the argument that at full Range we're in a somewhat comparable range judging from the data you provided. I do think looking at it myself that even the full range needs a slight buff. Probably just the extra ticks coming from Ram and Impact.

The Mid Range is a huge gap when we consider that our Melee attacks are all lunges and cannot be used safely all the time. Where a Mental or Gadget DPS can use their "Melee" AM finisher at about Mid Range(12 M, though Gadgets has to be at 8 M for the DoT from INT). That seems like at that range(we're a mid - melee range set) we should be doing much better damage.

From what I collected on the Melee AOE rotation I didn't see a vast improvement. I was only showing a 139 DPS for a total avg of 8315(I think). That's not a whole lot. That said I may have checked around the time of the Weapon DPS cap. Hopefully that wasn't the case. Either way From using the melee mechanic I'm confident it needs a serious buff to be worth using(especially since it's so D#MN easy to be interrupted.

Those are probably our best shots at proving a change is necessary although the numbers also indicate a need for a tweak at full range as well.

I'm basing this from reputable users comparing Mental, Gadgets, Ice, and Quantum on the test server now. Their showing over 30 sec parse to get an avg range around 22 - 24k and 27 - 29 k at melee. We're no where close to that especially at mid/melee from what I'm seeing.
  15. Mighty Committed Player

I agree with all of this. The triple tick at full range and maybe looking at the crit chance situation may be all we need at full range. I agree that 22-24k is about what most powers are doing at full range. I hit that with mental and rage on live. My celestial is a touch stronger than that, but it also comes with the risk of being interrupted during plague into divine light. If you get bumped out of a PcDL you're doing HL damage at range for six seconds. Last night on test I was in the 22-24k range at full range with gadgets and ice, so 100% that 22-24k at full range is the number to shoot for. I think the argument is there that for real balance we need to be either a touch over 24k, or we need to go to a flat 2.5-second AM buff per your suggestion. The "ramp-up time" numbers I had for HL I think show HL has a tougher time getting to optimal DPS, especially when you figure that it takes about five-six seconds to activate the relentless precision buff.

I think we really have to push for mid-range improvements though. 33-30k seems to be the norm at mid range now for quantum, munitions, mental, ice and now gadgets. Reading back through the rage AM feedback thread I'm kind of horrified because rage's melee setup does the 30+k thing (it's a hair stronger in perfect conditions, but average is around 30-32k DPS). But melee range isn't mid range, obviously, it brings an entirely different set of risks that aren't present at 12.5 meters. Case in point, I have run a mass terror loadout on every T6 and T7 boss in the game except Zoom, whose mechanic kind of makes that diffiicult. I have not, however been able to melee the same bosses with rage, even with relentless anger running. So I definitely think we have to win the argument that rage lost, mid range isn't melee. Balancing our melee stuff vs stuff you can do at 12.5 meters is not at all balanced. Yeah melee needs a buff, but a buff to melee without mid-range improvements does zip for us.

I'll get onto test when I get Mighty Jr. to bed.
    • Like x 1
  16. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

What would u guys want me to do ? Give me a task dr
  17. Mighty Committed Player

Test server :)

Ok, got numbers. Test server lag made this a bit of a feat, but I was able to pull off 10 errorless runs.

126 CR, 8951 might, 4950 precision (more than 114 SP specced, I was just trying to get quick numbers so I didn't screw around with SP).

For the 30-second ramp-up test, which means I stopped my combo at 30 seconds and then re-started it after all the modifiers and AM buff had dropped, here are my results:

DPS ---- Max hit -- Crit%
    18799 -- 16646 -- 24.5
    18056 -- 15122 -- 26.5
    19060 -- 17428 -- 30.7
    20170 -- 17498 -- 33.3
    18357 -- 17668 -- 27.7

For the 60-second test (pretty impractical because I think it's virtually impossible to hit something this long, flawlessly in end-game), my results are:

DPS -- Max hit -- Crit%
    21699 -- 17461 -- 29.5
    21456 -- 18263 -- 31.9
    18918 -- 18002 -- 27.2
    20644 -- 15910 -- 29.5
    20864 -- 16846 -- 30.9

Conclusion, basically our melee DPS is a tad weaker than most powers' full-range DPS.
    • Like x 1
  18. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Thanks that's actually really close to what I was getting...... SMH..... :mad:.

I added this and then re addressed the issue's and potential community suggested fixes. They may want to do something else entirely but at least now they'll be made aware of what we'd like and have data showing its necessary.

If I don't hear from Spord by the end of the week I'll send him(and Tunso) another message. I'll update as I'm able.

Thank you for checking!!!!!

PS - I like the whole Mighty Jr.
    • Like x 1
  19. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I did send a massage to tunso and spord last week but no responds :/
  20. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Can you stick to the same parameters as Mighty(No Trinkets, No Soders, No SC). Parse out what you get over a 1 min time(for at least 5 mins preferably more like 10).

Post your data(DPS per Second, Total, and Crit %).

Check
    • Full Range Combo AoE rotation
    • Mid Range (Full Range) Combo AoE Rotation
    • Melee Range AoE Combo rotation
    • Single Target Rotation(Fan>IMP>GH>Fan) at full range
    • At Mid Range
    Check
    • Clipping AM Full Range(CH/INS>Fan>IMP/HC>GH)
    • Clipping AM Melee Range(CH/INS>Claw>Ram/BG>IMP)
    Let us know
    • CR
    • Mods
    • SP(How their spent)
    • Which Dummies you used(AoE or Single Target)
    If you want you could choose a couple of these things to target and make video's for. Maybe even short video's that conclude showing the Parser results. If you have other comparable toons that your proficient with showcase the difference in potential.
    Thank you!