Bonus Source Marks Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

BONUS SOURCE MARKS WEEKEND!

Jump into your leveling, start up a new character, or just party in the queues, because Source Marks rewards are DOUBLED this weekend.

This weekend – from Thursday, September 19, 2019, through Sunday, September 22, 2019 – all players will receive DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game. That's right, the entire game. All episodes. Everywhere. If it's an instance that awards you Source Marks, you will get 2x this weekend.

Source Marks are primarily used for unlocking vendor gear (through Episode 32).

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus weekend will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts, and will last through Sunday to daily server restarts on Monday morning.

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
  3. SUPERSOLAR New Player

Pretty good for rising a new character or an alt
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

PERFECT: i realy need a lot of source marks right now... THX devs!
    • Like x 1
  5. hero turner Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Cool deal.

Out of curiosity, is it the open world components of missions like Patrol Catastrophe and Oa Under Siege that keep them from being included in bonus weekends for instanced/On Duty content? At least half of those particular missions take place in instances, but I never seem to see bonus currency for them on the bonus weekends.
  7. hero turner Well-Known Player

we and I mean I speak for a lot of people when I say we want this big floor monitor/computer globe thing in the middle of Lexes office floor in the E3 duo mission and the desk, for our bases and league halls! and pretty much all the stuff from vehicles , computers , equipment we see in the police stations, clubs, Hall of Doom, watchtower and other stuff we see during missions and entering other buildings , fortresses , ect. ect. ect..........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! WE want it all ...BWAaaaaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa!!! ohh and actual flowing water falls and streams for our bases and league halls esp for the cave bases.
    • Like x 4
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Wee bit off topic but I can’t help but agree. This developer team puts work into their in game monitor screens and I appreciate it.
    • Like x 2
  9. myandria Item Storage

I think that happens because Oa Under Siege doesn't appear in the On-Duty Tab, which is what I think is meant by *instanced*. For example, if you do a "walk in" from Open World Gotham to do the Brainiac Bottle Duos, they will count towards the Double Marks Event because those missions are also listed in the On-Duty Tab.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Well, this event will be useful; I have worked hard to keep my main characters under 273 so they can continue to benefit from Atlantis for Source Marks. Now they have an even better reason to go there.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, it's just a manual process to go back and add every mission to the bonus weekends. We have only been able to hit all of the instances.
    • Like x 3
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Bonus source marks weekends are nice and all but with Combat Relevancy still in place it is nothing that will make me go out of my way to run stuff.

Combat relevancy needs to go, but if it isn't, then it should at the very least be removed for bonus source mark weekends.
    • Like x 7
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ok, always cool to find out new things. Thanks! :)
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I came here to post the same thing! It's been a struggle - I want to get the new shinys so badly, marks are burning a hole in my utility belt!

But one more Bonus Weekend in Atlantis should put me in a comfortable spot. :)
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Was thinking the same thing. I've got a few toons hovering at 262 even that I can hit Doomsday content as well as TT before they pop 263...or 264 and get locked from source in the event content.

Good....can finally get that Grimoire leveled up to 140 where the XP dump got me to....but i ran out of cats on that toon at level 20.

Reinheld
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm *nods*; I have characters that still benefit from the Doomsday Raid as well. Great Reminder!
  17. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I still dont know why the developers created CONTENT RELEVANCY.. It just doesnt make sense.
    Is it to troll us?
    Do they want us to play the game less?
    Why pay full membership for LIMITED CONTENT?

So many players need help on lower content since the population has dwindled and i still dont understand why End game players are punished for running older content... SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!

Even if we have a good population of players on (Usually during new content), it is ONLY TEMPORARY.. Everyone spends their money for 3 week grind then go missing until the next DLC..

And since PVP is dead.. the population is even more DEAD.. What gives devs...

PS.. Why havent adding commas to trade and Broker still not added??? I NEED SOME ANSWERS! please!
  18. topflow619 Well-Known Player

No offense mepps but paragraph 1 contradicts paragraph 2.In the first paragraph you said beginning content to episode 32 and then on paragraph 2 you said relevant content.Which is it?
  19. hero turner Well-Known Player

What if we did a week instead of just the weekend? On the extra currencies, and marks you know that way it won't seem like we're trying to hurry up and get through the missions and daily journal trying to collect before the weekend runs out. I'm cool with getting the bonus marks and other currencies when the make it available, but a week is much better than 3 days.
  20. 0KAZ0 New Player

It mean source marks are used from start to titan ( for buying from vendor ) in paragraph 1
    Paragraph 2 mean the bonus is for all the content from the start ( so all raids alert etc are double )
    • Like x 1