Blue Lantern

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vulmyss, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Kristyana New Player

Pfff, "favorite"
    • Like x 2
  2. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I see no denial here, coming from the guy who dropped several "hints" about celestial. I think they got you guys to sign non-disclouse argeements at the pool party. Im going to have to go next year.

Just don't say pffff, Brandy (Friday Night Legends refernce here)
  3. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

See? Rainbow powers are next! :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Kristyana New Player

True story. I gave Mepps power of attorney.

Deadmeat has to be my first child's godfather, should I ever breed.
  5. Cloud_9 New Player

Don't confused irony with poetic irony, though. They're a bit different.
  6. Cloud_9 New Player

I also gave an explanation as to why.
  7. General Zod 10000 Post Club

You mean..... you haven't loved them yet? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  8. darkmoon caverns New Player

Rainbow Tank.
    • Like x 1
  9. SuperiorMouse New Player

i saw your previous post--i'm not sure what your point is? that they'll give us War of Light and a tank power? we know that's exactly what's going to happen; it's not news?

this is what we know:

DLC9 - War of Light I -> it will contain the next tank power. It will introduce Blue Lanterns and Saint Walker. it has not been confirmed that these lantern types will be playable -- Red have been in the game since Fight for the Light and have not been playable.
    DLC10 - Amazon Fury I -> This could be 10 or 11.
    DLC11 - Halls of Power I (probably gets renamed) -> This could be 10 or 11.
    DLC12 - could be anything. it could be another chapter of WoL or AF or HoP or anything at all. Spytle told us that the parts of the trilogies won't necessarily be in sequence but that also means he could start other storylines by this time instead of continuing any of the existing ones. We may not see any part 2s from anything of the stories for another year or 2. he's not committed to continuing any of the stories right away.

and yes, there is no real thematic relationship. At best the only connection is that Trigon happens to be a Demon. ...First of all it's Celestial NOT Sorcery -- these powers are related to "the Prescence" and are divine in origin. They are not supposed to be magic or sorcery. but even assuming you're equating them with magic, the theme of magic that you're connecting them with is too broad to say that's an actual relationship. in context, saying Magic is a thematic relationship between SoT and Celestial is a bit like saying there's a relationship between two fish because they both live in water. Harlight powers, Lanterns and a title of War of Light is an actual thematic relationship.
  10. Ala Rebelde New Player

Unicorn Tank should be superior! he has a Horn!! LOL
  11. darkmoon caverns New Player

That makes him vulnerable.
  12. Zrusa New Player

everyone seemed so well serious.... it scared me a little :(
  13. Ala Rebelde New Player

I forgot to mention that is a Horn of Invencibility! LMAO
  14. darkmoon caverns New Player

Believe me it's not invincible.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You were saying;

"the devs intentionally release the powers in blocks of 3. they've essentially said this in their discussions of powers developments. it's important for them to maintain the balance for whatever reason. so they only (so far, and from their comments) release the powers in groups of 3. it's almost certainty that the next DLC will contain a tank power."

My previous post was;

"Even better.

They do not release Powers with every DLCs.

So they could easily release War of Lights DLC 1 to give us the Tank power and close the Troller Healer Tank loop.

Then give us
    Amazon Fury DLC 1,
    Halls of Power DLC 1
    Amazon Fury DLC2,
    then come back with
    War of Lights DCL2 with the Pink Indigo Troller Power.
    War of lights DLC 3 with the White and Black Healer power....
    and then finish this set with the Amazon Fury DLC 3 with a Tank power.

Or something like that. ;) "

You mention that the next power will certainly be a TANK power. Notice the FIRST part in RED in my post??

Then you mention that the devs release the powers in blocks of 3. Notice the SECOND part in RED in my post???

I cannot make that anymore clear then that.

As for the rest of your post.... semantic and hair splitting??? Really???

Divine power = supernatural power

Magic = art that uses supernatural power

Yeah.... no thematic relationship there. :oops:

Again.... can't make that anymore clear then that.

In DCUO there is no divine faction, you have tech, meta and MAGIC.

The new power is built around the Spectre and Eclipso... who fall under the MAGIC label in DCUO. Heck when you save the Spectre... you get a Sentinels of MAGIC commendation.... NOT a DIVINE commendation.

Even in DC comics lore they are labeled under MAGIC with a variety of other DC characters like;

Wonder Woman
    Dr Fate
    Dr Occult
    Phantom Stanger
    Captain Marvel/Shazam
    John Constantine
    Zatana
    Alan Scott (yes not a typo... he was seen as the modern version of Aladdin and his MAGIC lamp)

Whether they got their powers from God, Zeus or from some magic meteor that fell from the sky... all those fall under the label of MAGIC.

Even demons like Etrigan, Trigon, etc.....

What next??? will we argue that Flash and Zoom cannot both count as speedsters because Flash has YELLOW boots and Zoom has RED boots???
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think what SuperiorMouse meant about the thematic relationship is that Celestial itself is not really directly represented by the content because it focuses mostly on Trigon, seven of his children and the Titans. Heck almost anything can fall under the banner of Magic, just like almost anything can fall under the banner of Meta or Tech.

For example: Water would easily be achieved by any of the three factions. For Magic a character could use water magic in order to control it. For Meta they could have the Metagene that allows them to control or generate water. For Tech the user could employ nanobots that keep compressed water in their bodies until the user commands them to release it or form some kind of shape.

So if Water had come with this DLC, sure it could have been a Water power based around magic but it would have had no thematic relationship to the content itself.
    • Like x 1
  17. SuperiorMouse New Player

thank you. i did not have the patience. :/

i what i meant was that yes, the next DLC will definitively have a tank power. not could. not might. definitively with 99% certainty.

also, my blue list of DLC ends where it does specifically. because that's what we know. the rest of the stuff you wrote in red is your dream and wishlist. it's not what we know. infact, it's highly unlikely that we will see War of Light II next year at all. or any of the other part 2s. they started trilogies but they did NOT commit themselves to doing them sequentially. spytle made that extremely clear. we may see a year or even 2 years of part 1 stories. that's what i meant.

and yes, as jafin said, Sorcery/Supernatural/Magic/Divinity is not a theme. it's a very broad umbrella or category that the content falls under. it's far too broad to be a theme. a THEME would be Hardlight, Lanterns, War of Light / Fight for the Light.
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Wish list??? Wishing has nothing to do with it. This was SPECULATION and nothing more in answer to Gwalir's post.

And you reply "they did NOT commit themselves to doing them sequentially"???

Did you even read/understand my post???

My list does not even put them sequentially.... there is roughly a ONE YEAR gap between War of the Light DLC 1 and DLC2 on my wish list as you call it.

So what is even the point with this line "we may see a year or even 2 years of part 1 stories"????

There is roughly a FULL YEAR of DCL 01 before the list even gets to DLC 02 of War of the light.

Again... so what is even the point with this line "we may see a year or even 2 years of part 1 stories"????

Geez...... this is pointless. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  19. SuperiorMouse New Player

you're still not understanding hun. that is why jafin tried to translate for you. you have Parts 2 of everything on your list. it's LIKELY that we won't see any of them for years still. sequentially means a gap between part 1 and 2... but it may also mean a gap between entire stories -- that's what you're not understanding. they may introduce 3 entirely new stories other than the 3 we know about, BEFORE you ever see part 2 of anything. do you understand now?

please take a look at what you're reading before you respond to argue. there's a 99% chance that i fully understand whatever you can think of writing and there's a much lower chance that you will understand what i've written (because i don't usually bother to explain myself well enough for these forums).

if you have any further questions, or misunderstand anything else... please feel free to PM me.
  20. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Meh, Light powers are sooo yesterday.

I want an atomic mushroom cloud and other atom splitting fun!:D

I like the DLC Lantern story line. However, another Lantern power set bores me to tears*
    *I reserve the right to revise my opinion at any time
    • Like x 2