Bizarre Healing numbers in Raid on Test - what am I missing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Great Architect, May 21, 2019.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Here's the scenario:-

Running Atlantis Throne, and I think that I'm running solo Heals - you generally know straight away from the way the Health bars are dipping if it's just you or there are two of you? But about 2/3 of the way through I see that there *is* another Healer on board, but his bar is full, so I imagine he's just rocked up with only Healer gear (not uncommon on Test), but is DPSing-ish.

Until the end of the Boss Fight. I do a quick check before we move on to see who's getting the most Heals from me - because that helps me decide how to run my rotation for the next fight. If it's not the Tank, then I'd probably re-spec my Artifacts for Corum Rath.

And I see that I've done 2.5M in healing... and he's done 10M. That seemed odd, because the spikes and recovery seemed to fit the pattern of just me Healing.

So I check his gear. Same as mine. Artifacts. Same as mine. Origin Augs - all below Level 22. Episode Augs are 0 and 23, mine are both at 10. My Origin Augs are all at 237.

So I'm a bit surprised, but I guess if he got his powers in first, there could be a big discrepancy?

So going in to the Corum Rath fight, I decide that we don't need me to Heal as well as him - fair assumption? - and immediately the group starts crashing. It was all I could do to jump Armories and then dump my power bar on keeping everyone alive. This is right off the bat in the fight - so it's not a Mawgwar rampage, though it could be Tank lag, or a bad start... so I keep it up until it's contained, and I get my power bar back up. Stay around for a few minutes more for my Armory Change to be off cooldown and then drop to DPS again.

Boom. Group starts dying. Properly this time - we lose two guys and I can't switch back. So we wipe.

I check the guys stats again. I'm up to 5.5M Healing. He's on 19M.

What's happening here?
  2. Rainnifer Committed Player

I was running a raid on live, it was one of the war-torn raids, with some friends. There was one healer in the group, I think he was low CR, but by the end of the raid it said that my friend whos a tank gave out atleast 5 mil in healing. More than the healer did and it made the healer sad. I looked at everyone's received healing and it was nowhere close to adding to that much healing, not even the tank's healing received. So it could be some bug that happens.
  3. The_fair_1 Committed Player

It's a bug that occurs when a supply drop is dropped on a friendly NPC. The percentage gives large amounts of healing so it appears as if you are top healer even though you aren't healing.
    • Like x 8
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure that got fixed (but not quickly) after AF 3. I could be wrong though. Yes, that was my first thought, but it didn't make sense in the first fight? Also, that was the kind of behaviour I was looking out for in the second fight.

My best guess is that the Tank and that Healer were double-EoG stacking, with the Tank self-Healing or Rage Crashing? I can see that working if you planned to do it.

But I'm 99% certain that the Tank was Atomic.
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

The guy himself, when I asked him, said "I have an OP Sorcery Healing loadout". Now your loadout can be as great as you like, but you have a cap:- The amount of damage taken. So after a certain point, the "OP-ness" of your loadout is... just overkill. Not a convincing answer. Especially since his Resto must have been lagging mine by about 3-4K minimum.

Another option offered was that "I suck". I imagine that's a subjective opinion, but I *did* think about it, and applied Occam's Razor.

No. Something is wrong here.

And if it's on Test, then unless it's a glitch on the Test server, then it will be on Live soon.
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

Did you manage to get a look at everyone's healing received? If it was lower than yours and his healing out in total, then it's a bug.
    • Like x 1
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes. I screenshotted it, and it was legit. But that's when I saw the 29M top DPS...

I'm guessing there's a known bug that's only known by the players. A glitch, in other words. It's not to do with SM, or the Tutorial, so I can only really drop it in Testing: General... but I guess I'll run again a few times with the same guys and take screenshots again, and make a more solid case than just my say-so ;).
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, if he wasn't doing anything sketchy, that's certainly a way to make yourself LOOK sketchy...LOL
  9. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

I'm certain it's still the NPC and supply drop bug. I used to do it all the time for a laugh.
    • Like x 2
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

I've not seen that kind of number difference *since AF3* - which was mentioned earlier. I'm not interested in naming names, or not considering alternatives (It's possible I may suck, but not to *that* extent), but as I said, I'm attempting to work out whether this is just a bit of cheese, something specific to the Test server, or whether we can expect to see this (whatever it is) jump to Live?
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

That's the third vote for that, so in all honesty I have to use it myself on Test and see if that works?

Will come back with yes/no tomorrow.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

I suppose I wasn't clear, I was talking about his responses to your questions. It wasn't directed at you. "Hey, these looks weird, what's going on?" "I ARE GUD AND U SUCK!" just really comes across as trying to hide something.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was not fixed and there is nothing to fix because it's technically not a bug. Supply drop + Ally = percentage based heal and NPCs have a huge health bar.
    • Like x 5
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'd say that "not working as intended" is a bug, but I'm unsurprised it wasn't fixed. As I said, the Test population is small - it won't take me too long to run into that guy again, and I'll try - or watch for, is it's not possible to use it - that situation.

Thanks all for the heads-up on a glitch I thought had been fixed.
  15. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

But, technically healing a friendly NPC shouldn't count, since the NPC isn't part of the team according to the leaderboard. When friendly NPC's help the group, it doesn't count for the leaderboard, so why should our interactions with the NPC's count for the leaderboard? It should be a null factor and simply part of the mission mechanic, not a boost to a leaderboard stat.
  16. Heywiar Committed Player

Ah, I accidentally did this a few weeks ago on live. We did Arcane Elite and I ended up with 18mil healing out- more than both the healers. (I'm a troll.) I know people keep saying this, but I'm pretty sure its the supply drop glitch. That's how I got 18m healing out.
    • Like x 3
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

And I repeat - let's see if I can get those numbers by cheesing it on Test ;). Until then, this is all supposition? Whilst also ignoring half of my post where I said that I *actively looked out for that behaviour, knowing that it used to be a thing*, and that it first happened in the first boss fight where there are NO NPCs.

But do carry on being "right" and having "solved it".
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

All things being equal, I suspect it's double EoG stacks on the Tank and Healer, but I'll test that idea, and all the others mentioned here, and get back to you.

Thanks for your input, but I did work very hard to discount the most immediately obvious reasons *before* I posted here.

As I said, SD on an NPC doesn't make sense in the first boss fight - nor, really, the second, from observed behaviour.

So: Any ideas that aren't EoG stacking or SD stuff?
  19. Heywiar Committed Player

Dang dude, just saying what I thought it could have been. I'll go test it later today for you if its *that* big of a deal.
    In my raid I also dropped it on no NPC's, no nothing, only on myself to get more power. There is more than one way to get glitchy numbers from supplies.
    That being said, it was just a suggestion. Not "my word is gospel."
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Sorry.

I just get a bit arsey when I ask a simple question and get answers that I've already said... are not that.

My apologies to anybody that I've upset. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.
    • Like x 1