Big Wheels!!!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by LL, Feb 25, 2013.

1. LL New Player

Ok this came out of a Shinning convo Carly and I had.

How many of u know what a Big Wheel is?

Do they still make them?

Do u know anyone that still uses them?

lol...
    • Like x 1
  2. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I really hope they weren't deemed "dangerous" as so many older childhood toys have been. They were all plastic, so I hope they still make them!
  3. LL New Player

See I wonder because I had a gas powered 3 wheeler growing up. They went away because they said they were unstable, they went to 4 wheelers.

I have to say on the Big Wheel, going really fast and using that break was so cool.

lol
  4. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

LOL! Spinouts!
  5. Battle Man Committed Player

I had a Big Wheel. It was freaking awesome.

But I remember thinking it was just a toy compared to The Green Machine.
    And when we saw one in the store, I was upset by the fact that I wasn't old enough to get one.

Very intimidating.
    • Like x 1
  6. LL New Player

I must of missed the green thing, :)

I loved my big wheel...
  7. Battle Man Committed Player

Well, it was for big kids.
  8. LL New Player

lol
  9. Rabbit New Player

They still make them.

How many did you go through by skidding on the front tire? I think I had at least three.
  10. LL New Player

These things were epic...and Carly knew anout them...so we were wondering ...
  11. LL New Player

12. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Trick question. Redheads don't age.
  13. FESTER665 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Battle Man Committed Player

Amen brother.
    My mom used to actually send me outside to specifically do this from time to time.

And to answer Rabbit, I also got to three from skidding a flat spot on the front wheel.
  15. huflungpoo New Player

I had a Voltron big wheel when I was a kid. Back before soccer moms and facebooks ruined everything lol

And it wasn't a hand me down I had it brand new. See if you can guess how old I am lol
  16. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Yea... the Nanny State mentality has ruined childhood in my opinion. The 80's were the last bastion of freedom before everything went to hell... ;)
  17. Johnny_Prime New Player

They quit making them when children stopped playing outside.
  18. Faust74 Loyal Player

I had a Green Machine when I was kid, I think I was in the 3rd grade back then and I thought I was the coolest kid on the block for having one lol. I was a master at doing spin outs on that thing.