Between the 4, which is more OP?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Savior Prime, Apr 21, 2016.

1. L T Devoted Player

Someone (who I usually agree with) said that they reported it. Another commenter made a reference to no DPS ever running with a healer supercharge (which is pretty much the same as a movement one in terms of power back).
    I'm ambivalent about it. Other power sets get to benefit from them though. I still don't understand why pets aren't might/precision based. This way they could benefit from Nature and Electric buffs, as well as trinkets. My guess is that the Devs thought this was too many factors to consider when balancing them.

It's going to be very interesting when AM damage becomes available to the Pet powers if they don't make Pets stat based.
    I never used that myself, but I always used a power supercharge. The keybinding thing has been used for tons of exploits, hasn't it? I haven't tried any of them out in a while... still not fixed?
    • Like x 1
  2. Delta796th Loyal Player

^^^ See mentions above about pets and positioning of supply drops as they do make a huge difference.
    As for the movement supercharge, it will make an even bigger difference as it fully powers your pet to unleash everything they have.
  3. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Everyone know about this "trick" lol
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Not at first.
    I know it's been around forever but it's brought to light more since there's more pet players.

Nice to see you btw.
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Hmm interesting. They've always functioned that way though... It's even in healer functions for Supercharges that give power for the most part.

I can understand that. I actually would rather pets give a damage scalar to tray abilities. If they become stat based, it will be interesting to say the least and a pain in the *** to balance out lol.
    keybinding is still.... yeah xD
  6. Serj Committed Player

tbh if something is OP other powers should be brought to the same level... in theory that's balance.

the problem with that kind of blanace is that the powers that were OP beofre(ice,sorc,earth etc) now have competition, and because of that some of the players will consider this as a "nerf" and after that comes the cries for buffs and nerf the new OP powers and so on.

if all powers do the exact same amount of damage, but use different methods(partly being different powersets, go figure) then we might go places.

till then ill be in the corner happy that i can still play my op nerfbat inc power before it gets, well nerfed.

on topic, incase it wasn't obvious by now... earth (with support) then ice, then munitions
  7. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

:) I've used back flip for ever
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Squish adds = Earth
    Group of adds with various health or large amount on adds during a boss fight = Munitions
    Constant and steady damage = Ice
    Quick Burst with a variety in loadout options = Mentals

They are all strong powers, but out of those Earth requires its mid range adjustment still.