Best Weapon Choice for Rage Tank?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Miike Fury, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

hey guys, new to the site and was just lurking for a while.

what would you guys suggest is the best (or top 3 weapons and mastery) for a rage tank (either range or melee) ?
    ideally it would something quick and relatively safe to use and being able to save a nice bit of power with the follow up moves.

unfortunately, I only have about 65 SP, so I don't have much to spare, but ive already decided to go for this FIRST before going for all my innates. (correct me if im wrong, please). I say this because I can easily solo both t6 duos and have no problem tanking the t6a.

obviously my path would lead me towards Dom and Health, so any weapon suggestions and reasons are appreciated!

thanks in advance
  2. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Hand Blasters its run smooth for me. You do not want a melee weapon for high tiers.
    Unlock 4 combos for WM then focus on innates.
    My bigger worry is that you reached T6 with 65 SP.
    Grind some PvP for feats. [Winning/Styles]
    The more the merrier
  4. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

yeah, CR103..SP = 65 :(

feat hunting is so tedious..lol
  5. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

Like Sabigya said, HB are great exp for tanks cause they are good at CCQ and range.
    Really any weapon is great, with my Earth tank I run with the shield combo'd into 2hd. Very quick combos also.
    Just work on those skill points and you will be able to have more than 1 option for Weapon Mastery.
    Just try them all out and see what combos you like.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

any ranged, bow is also a good choice, for melee, a good tank weapon is 2h, believe me it works wonders
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Two handed even though is slow, it has good knock down/back. Same for Hand Blasters and Brawlers.

Im not Rage but Fire, and im using Brawlers right now. Some times i change to HB or One Handed (quick combos)
  8. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

as for my main stats (dom and health), going into HB or brawling seems like a good idea for sure!
    I will look into these tonight.
  9. xskateXX Well-Known Player

for a tank?
    hmm one handed or Martials Arts
  10. Newsflash New Player

Tanks should always equip melee weapons because you get +20% Control Resistance when equipping a melee weapon. You get +20% Control Resistance in Tank Role. Some of your tank powers will also give you +10% Control Resistance.

Resistance to Crowd Control is important as it helps you avoid getting stunned, juggled etc. which means you can stay in block.

Use whatever you are comfortable with. I use Dual Wield as the melee tap attacks are very fast and great for quickly generating hate.
  11. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

hmm, didn't look at it that way..good thinking!

im currently using a staff (I don't have many options of level 91 weapons right now, staff shield, and bow) plus staff leaves me with health and dom innates too, I just hate how easy it is to interrupt staff combos or just block.