Best original name contest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Critical Massacre, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Rules: simply type the name of your character as seen in game and give a quick description on how it relates to your character. You can also explain why it’s witty or funny or anything to give it context.

This is for original names, so if you had to use alternates letters to get the name then it doesn’t count. For instance if you have the name superkid but you had to type 5uperkid because is already taken then it’s a no go. But if your name is Three Threat and you typed it Thr33 Thr3at it’s ok because it’s relevant to the name.

Most likes wins.
  2. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Critical Massacre

An Atomic Tank, a play on going critical mass which is a nuclear explosion. Also a play on critical hits in game to cause a massacre.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I have an ice tank named Impenetrable Lass. Because she has tons of shields, making her defenses impenetrable.

It's somewhat humorous when spoken aloud in voice chat.
    • Like x 4
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Deadly Mercenary
    • Like x 1
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Spider Fridge - an Ice character with Acrobatics and a heavy power armour looking style, based on a character I created about 40 years ago for an old table top RPG.
    • Like x 1
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'll play this sounds like fun...

I AM an Alt-o-holic so I have a pile of name but I'll use this one:

Lady Nereides My Water based DPS/Healer. A nereid is basically a sea Nymph that, as indicated in the wiki page I linked to spent a good deal of time helping Posiedon.

Now in my head Lady N is one of Arthur's.. YOU know Aquaman…. cousins and part of his royal court. She followed him above the ocean and used her powers to help battle evil.

As for her gear.. She is wearing the Mera armor along with a water Aura (since she can only breath AIR for like an hour) :cool:

Hey when I name an alt I do some research LOL
    • Like x 2
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

The Baritone. Created because of the full and deeper noises the rage power produces. I also play the baritone in real life.
    • Like x 3
  8. Isif Committed Player

Ahh...so many. My favorite are my troll twins, Vihta/Vuori. Named after a Finnish gunpowder manufacturer. Heal alts, Luddi (short for Luddite, nature) and Haarpi (named after a DARPA "weather" project, electricity). Isif, my namesake, is an abbreviated acronym for the long title of the Unabomber Manifesto.:D "In Tinfoil We Trust."
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Multiverse.
    Was bitten by a radioactive Multiverse and now can create thousands of Youtube videos in a single bound.

.... or something like that. ;) ;)
    • Like x 5
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

EconoKnight

Econ-O-Knight, a growing grocery store chain, benefited from an interactive holographic advertisement in their main Metropolis store; and the appearance of Brainiac's exobytes further gave the advertisement a mind of its own. It's simple directive had always been to "Save People Money"; but the process of gaining life has caused a few lines of code to be lost. All EconoKnight can now remember is that he's supposed to "Save People"; so that's what he does.

Shop Smart. Save Right! Econ-O-Knight!
    • Like x 2
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

My in-game name is " Caroline " and is inspired by my real life name - Karolina. I don't really connect it to anything specific in the game, however a lot of people know me by it and even though i have had numerous offers to trade it for, I could never do it. :D :)
    • Like x 4
  12. Eve YouTuber

My Villain, RedMetalBat, is my most original without special characters. No Special letters. She's original character of mine for a book I am writing at the moment.

Red because of her hair,
    Metal because of the Mineral lol, not the music
    Bat, Because of Batman.
    She's a very dark character who turned into a demon in young age. ^-^
    • Like x 3
  13. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Silver Sabot

A speedster that uses guns and gadgets. I based him off of an elseworld flash that had prosthetic legs but used guns that always over heated. A sabot is the metal case that carries the projectile of a bullet and it’s pronounced Say-bO. Essentially Silver Bullet but with alliteration to make it sound better.
    • Like x 1
  14. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I have three sister alts named Dreadful Lullaby,Dreadful Melody and Dreadful Requiem.a 3 sister rock band that can sing u to your doom
    • Like x 1
  15. Caelesti New Player

Caelesti is my hero's name.

She's a female with the celestial power and flight. Caelesti derives from the Latin root of "caelum", which means heavenly and divine. The exact characteristics that would describe her.
    • Like x 1
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My nature dps called Gardenman,chause he likes to kill weed? and help things grow.He is a Quiet relaxed character :p
  17. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I have 17 characters, all with names of varying degrees of originality.

But, these are the best:

Heroes:

1. Nuclear Vessel - Atomic powered sea captain. His name is a reference to nuclear powered naval ships and the line from Chekhov in Star Trek IV.
    When he powers up his body becomes covered in a metal skin he gets from touching a pair of large fishing hooks he caries on his back with his abilities.

2. Liquica - An Atlantean girl with blue skin and teal striped markings who can transform into a full water form and fire at foes with her “water guns” - construct dual pistols made from pure liquid.

Villains:

1. Fistdemeanor - Electric powered female delinquent who dresses like a punk and is just as likely to knock you out with her bare fists as she is with her electrically generated staff. Her name is a play on the combination of the words fist and misdemeanor.

2. Plantasma - She’s an alien plant humanoid with control over flora and fauna. Her true form is how she looks in her villainous persona as a statuesque green skinned woman, but she disguises herself as normal looking country rancher, and is a deadly shot with her rifle. Her name is another play on words, I like to do that, this time a combo of the words plant and phantasm as her powers are magic based.
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

A few I've had, or friends of mine do

Udie2much- a rarely used Rage tank of mine. Name came from back in T5, when of course I was just learning the power.
    Ended up changing the name since a leagumate said "dude" You did too much

JustanotherAlt- I have 3 mains- so when I created this celestial back when it came outt, I just had fun with the name

Alpha - dude I had the name ALPHA no further explaining
    Omega- Same as Alpha

Hopeyougotsodas - long time leaguemate created a healer, when he said he was going to someone yelled Hope Ya'll got soders (and the name was born)

Rip Hunter - Leaguemate owns that name. Spelled correctly and has had it for years...no idea how he did it, but it's might cool
  19. inferno Loyal Player

From my alts, from a different universe..

She's Fire and carries 2 pistols with a " Bang ,Bang! You're dead" attitude; her name is Lava BangBang. On a side note: She Loves to dance and her favorite move is the side hip thrust with a Bang, Bang: Lava BangBang.

Born with a deformity of Horns on his head, young Dylan Quint has pledged his adolescent life to fighting for Truth, Justice and other stuff. He hasn't really thought of a super name yet but people have been calling out to Hornee DylanQuint .

Being Nature is Sexy, she's Primal, yet Delicious: Prime Malicious

If you don't know whether you want Vengeance or Justice, a hero or villain. He's been called both and he doesn't @$%^ing care. Call the Axe ofVengeance.

I better stop there, tee hee!!
    P.S.
    Hornee DylanQuint comes from a family of superheroes that was created with a fully fleshed background story that I just cannot tell here.
  20. Capt Mephisto Active Player

I have a reptilian character named Carcharo Don. Some of you will get it, I hope.