BEST ICE DPS LOADOUT

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SeM997, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

My loadout exactly. Does great damage in top end game. Well done. 15 points as well
  2. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Your best standard loadout is Wintery Tempest -> Cold Snap -> Ice Bash -> Reflection -> Arctic Gust -> Ice Elemental. I haven't read any of the other replies to this thread, but from my experience and knowledge, you should ALWAYS have reflection in the loadout. Reflection is the most controversial in standard ICE AM loadouts. But the reflection is so good to have for pickups, if an AOE is spawned on you and you need to move, whenever you rally from getting picked up, etc.. reflection can save you from all those situations that occur very frequently. Plus, the reflection does do some damage, so its not like its a completely defensive move :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Demoskinos New Player

So I'm pretty new here. I've kind of settled in on Ice DPS as my main but one thing I'm still having issues with isn't damage output as much as it is my power consumption just hits rock bottom really quickly. I have to be missing something cause every DPS video I watch on Ice nobody ever comes close to bottoming completely out.
  4. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

That's a real problem in content with a troll. You have to mod everything out to get all the power bonuses in your gear or you'll run out of power. It helps to dump a portion of your SP into Power when it's an option too.

I'm using the standard approach here. Wintry (clip) Cold Snap (clip) Ice Bash -> 4 Gusts when possible. Ice Elemental trick of course; stack with your or any other supply drop you see plus your Prec+Might trinket to best utilize the crit buff period.

For the 6th spot I use Bitter Winds. When moving between adds that gives a second way to coat everyone with Frostbite. It helps you survive better when standing very close to enemies. And you can usually pick people up with that too; you don't need to run Reflect just for that job if you have BW. Just have to be aware that once you've used it to shield yourself, you can't pick people up for a bit until it's off cooldown. You should exceed the extra bit of damage from Robot Sidekick just from the Frostbite infliction part of that, and the survival improvement options are a bonus on top of that.
  5. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

It's probably old news at this point but I've been messing around with:
    1) Wintery Tempest
    2) Cold Snap
    3) Ice Bash
    4) Impaling Ice (or Reflection)
    5) Arctic Gust
    6) Ice Elemental (with Blizzard and RTN).

As far as the rotation goes it's: 1+2+3,5,5,5,5 and repeat. Whenever you choose to use Ice Elemental do just like the others have said by hitting return to normal right away and resuming your normal rotation. There are two things that I still am kind of undecided on at this point and they are; Whether dropping Reflection and using Impaling Ice as a finisher is better than continuing with the normal rotation, and whether using Blizzard from inside Ice Elemental form is worth the cost of the 100% supercharge consumption. I have yet to parse the variations yet but I will get around to it eventually lol. Best of luck to ya :)
  6. TheDCUOPerrson Level 30

Agree to Disagree.
  7. Maissie New Player

Having the loadout is 1/4 of the actual work. Dont tell them though
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I notice alot of you use reflect and reference ice armor. This only works when you don't use the max dmg mod. If you have it equipped you don't get and don't need ice armor.

My loadout WT, CS, IB, Phase Dodge, AG, last spot robot sidekick and/or ice elemental.

This loadout focuses on the old rifle tap between most powers.

Helps keep the powers moving fast.
  9. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

And the other 3/4 of "work" is pressing 1 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5. So complicated!
  10. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Is it considered cheating using ice elemental to buff dps? Did the devs said anything about it?

Don`t want to get ban.
  11. Paramount Man New Player

When did they add the huge DPS buff to Ice Elemental? I remember back in the day using that SC for DPS was unheard of.