Battle-Tank Atomic VS Earth

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, May 2, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Only expert players who can give input in battle-tanking. Now I never touched Earth but I seen lots of videos of earth battle-tanks doing amazing damage. I main atomic and I been getting bored with it. Need to change the venue here just don't know if it's worth it in regards to atomic unique mechanics.

As an atomic tank I feel like a healer able to heal really really well while dishing out damage so it's a win-win.

Atomic Tank
    -90% Defense while not blocking
    -25% Damage Absorption while not blocking
    -Doing atomic combos heals you for 40% of your dominance.
    -Attacks heals you for 2% of max health

Earth I seen on YouTube just spamming Jackhammer and I can already feel that will get so bore quick. Though I do like the mechanic of earth tank while using Jackhammer.

Earth Tank
    -65% Defense while not blocking
    -Stone Skin increases your defense by 55% while not blocking and while using Jackhammer or Upheaval
    -Brick golem damage transfer

My main concern while soloing is needing a healing ability. Atomic has all that, you can probably use sodas, supply drop or Lernaea's Amulet with finisher but I don't know. I'm at a loss :/
  2. Berza Committed Player

It is 65% of your Dominance added to your defense, not a 65% of your defense. And Stone Skin and Brick damage transfer do not work at same time, it's one or another.
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You're right, I missed typed there. I'm aware that Stone Skin and Brick don't stack though. Hmm 65% of your dominance from earth compared to 90% defense from atomic. I wonder which is better.
  4. Berza Committed Player

Better? I don't know. Higher? Atomic buff.
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That's strange because my atomic battle tank with all tank gear and all might augments and arts and 164 into might and power my base stats for defense is 111264 but if you look at this video as an example , this person is cr 331 and his base defense is 95k now if you add the 55% added from stone skin that brings it up to 147k unless my math is wrong in which case it's a given lol
  6. Berza Committed Player

Are you sure about your defense Stat? Seems a bit low since my defense as a 336 dps is around 60k. I can't log in now so I can't give exact numbers, but I checked on dcuobloguide searching for higher dominance (searching for higher defense gives false results) and the top player is an Ice tank with over 120k defense and 50k dominance.

Edit: found a guy on the census with 341 cr 399 SP ice tank with 165k defense. If we assume that they are full buffed by ice mechanics this is the same an atomic would have (ice has 90% buff when using a shield).
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Sorry I don't follow? Um are you saying my atomic tank defense that I said has 111k defense is a bit low? But then you said the top player is an ice tank with 120k defense. o_O
  8. Berza Committed Player

Yes, I say it's a bit low, and that top player is dominance top, not defense top. At cr 342 the top SP player in game is 65k defense, and that toon is munitions so no tank gear at all, then even with dps gear an atomic tank should have 123k defense.
  9. Berza Committed Player

I am going to use the video you posted as an example for some math. He has a total defense of 95821. He is using Fortified Assault neck mod, so I will take off that 10%, which gives us 87110 defense from gear and Dom buff. If he uses Jackhammer, he then gets 87110+55%(stone skin) +10%(Fortified Assault) = 143731.
    Now, if he was Atomic, we need to take off the buff from his Dom, which is 31135. 31135x0.65=20237. 87110-20237=66873 base defense. Now atomic gets 90% from mechanic and the same 10% from Fortified Assault. 66873x2=133746. So I am going to correct myself, Earth has more defense. But Atomic has the 25% damage reduction from the aura, which probably reduces the damage more than those 10k defense
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Thanks for that explanation I just came back from the test server to compare both sides and this is what I got. All tank gear and cr 327. I'm not including neck mod by the way.

Atomic base defense is 121k and dominance is 20k

On the earth tank it's base defense is 85k and 20k dominance. When I use Jackhammer which gives stone skin it boost its defense to 127k. I don't have any skill points invested in both sides of this comparison. I agree that Earth has more defense in this field and can further increase by spending skill points into dominance. This is where I started testing out the battle-tank playstyle. I did this in Flashpoint and used Doomsday as my sparring partner.

On Atomic I had Lernaea's Amulet, Solar and Tetra. I fought Doomsday so much that I got used to it's attacks and can read them and counter them. I was able to stay alive by playing smart, having a certain loadout, but I give Atomic my vote because it can stay alive longer due to its atomic combos healing you. I managed to chip off 25% of Doomsday overall health before the fight felt like a drag.

On Earth I had Tetra and Omega, I couldn't decide to use Grim or some other power but anyways and it might have been my loadout but I couldn't stay alive long enough to trigger Doomsday getting bigger. I did try Lernaea's Amulet but it still didn't matter, I needed heals lol perhaps I could have equipped a supply drop and a 25% healing supercharge from the iconics. Or maybe I just needed to use EOG and Scrap arts. Maybe a really good earth player can give a better overall detail on battle-tanking.
    • Like x 1