Batman vs Superman 2016

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TheMightyGrizzly, Aug 4, 2014.

1. TheMightyGrizzly New Player

Am I the only one who just cannot wait for Dawn of Justice? I am overly excited and am on the edge of my seat nearly 2 years before release.

I'm even more excited for the Justice League movie that's rumored to come out after that.

I must say that I was disappointed when I first heard that it wasn't going to be in 2015, and got pushed back a year. But then I thought "Hey, at least they aren't rushing production."

I absolutely loved Man of Steel, and the production of that movie, and to see they're doing a sequel featuring Batman, is excellent.

Am I the only one who is excited for Batman vs Superman?
    • Like x 3
  2. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

To be honest, I wasn't crazy about MoS; there were parts I liked. I'm excited for the new movie.

... After the two done fighting, I hope they make up and become besties.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I am patient. I am focused. I am Grendel.

But I am excited for this movie.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zenith Well-Known Player

Excited for the movie, not so much for the title "Dawn of Justice". :p
  5. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I think Batman V Superman V Wonder Woman V Aquaman V Lex Luthor V Black Adam V Catwoman V Flash V everyone else will be alright. I hope so anyway, lord knows, WB/DC needs something
    • Like x 2
  6. Jake New Player

I AM GROOT!
    • Like x 2
  7. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I couldn't agree more!! Well said sir! Eloquent and concise!
    • Like x 1
  8. Controller Devoted Player

Me too...very much looking forward to Bats vs Supes.

Also looking forward to the hopeful "Lead-Up" movies to Bats vs Supes (Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern Reboot (PLEASE - John Stewart, as well as Hal, Kyle and Guy).

Green Lantern could have 2 or 3 movies by themselves...the core four Earth Lanterns have a ton of history behind each.

And of course a Batman movie as well.

Just follow similar script as The Avengers (Hulk, Capt America, Thor, Iron Man movies all lead into the Avengers.
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can at least say I'm interested in seeing what they do. Excited? Not yet.

Problem is, Marvel seems to keep raising the bar with their films. If they keep hitting it out of the park with their films, Dawn of Justice is going to be facing some VERY stiff and strong competition in releasing against Cap 3.
    • Like x 2
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm excited to see this version of Batman because I'm sick of psycho thug Batman. If it's anything like The Dark Knight Returns though, I can't say I'll be a fan of it as that was a pretty poor interpretation of pretty much all characters involved.
    • Like x 2
  11. Jake New Player

Right on. Should have removed Catwoman and added 20 minutes for Batman or Bane. Even if I didn't like Bane.
    • Like x 1
  12. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

That wasn't Bane! It was Shaun Connery on Steroids ... but not the cool Shaun Connery ... the one who does kids movies now!
    • Like x 1
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Every time I was The Dark Knight Rises I like it less and less. The fight scenes are just awful and that took me out of it. So I would not have liked more Bane or Batman. I wanted more Alfred.

I sort of did like the addition of Catwoman, but I feel like in order to have a proper Catwoman experience you really need to have the characters have a long winded history together. That's part of the reason Catwoman and Batman worked so well together in Batman: Hush. Without any prior knowledge you knew that the two had a complicated past.

Overall The Dark Knight Rises left an empty feeling for me.

That's part of the reason I'm hoping the new one takes pointers from Batman: Hush to develop those complicated character relationships. Not just "well we've got this mutual goal. You can go your way and I can go mine or we can work together." A lot like how The Avengers handled things actually.
  14. The 13ht Doctor New Player

I wasn't excited for Batman v Superman at first because of the casting choices. Ben Afflack (I might have spelled it wrong) didn't really seem like the guy to play Bruce Wayne, especially after Christian Bale set the bar very high. Then they said Wonder Woman would be in the movie and all I could think of was Batman fighting Superman with Wonder Woman appearing randomly in the middle saying "Stop it, you two are acting like children." I just thought "please, Henry, save this movie!" But then, after seeing more information about the movie plot, I thought "hey, this movie might not be so bad after all." I am pretty excited, but I would be more excited if they kept the cast from the Dark Knight trilogy. The Justice League movie also has me excited and I hope that they keep the same cast from Green Lantern because, despite everyone hating the movie, I actually loved it.
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Also, sadly, WB has said that this movie does not indicate a combined cinematic universe. They may still go for stand alone movies ... just with the same or a rotating cast ... they're all idiots over there ... and I can say that, cause i used to work there
  16. Jake New Player

Christian Bale :eek:
  17. Cursed Khagan Well-Known Player

To sum up my feelings about the movie, I'd say: meh.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done with it, but I'm not overly eager to watch it. The casting has been a hit and miss, the costumes revealed so far have been alright, and the plot/story (what little is revealed) sounds good enough to pique my interest. I'm not expecting much out of it, so my excitement/expectations aren't high. I think because I fell asleep during Man of Steel, I'm just not that interested.

Avengers 2 is what I'm looking forward too. THAT movie is what's up!
  18. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

As much as i would love to see this movie... i just really cant wait for Star Wars VII, since i am a die heart star wars fan
    • Like x 1
  19. Aren Sul Committed Player

You might like this article...
    Dear Hollywood: Stop using Frank Milller's Batman Stories as Source Material
  20. Jake New Player