Base names

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FullMetalTitan, Jan 30, 2022.

1. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Just wondering why we can’t name them iconic names? I tried Oa for my lantern toon and it’s invalid. Any specific reason for this, just curious?
  2. Eve YouTuber

Probably like why we can't name our characters Batman or Superman, in the past they didn't want us to name our characters around DC Characters. Might also be a DC thing, But I think they don't really mind now, so maybe they could change it.
  3. Shazammm Well-Known Player

I like to be more creative with my base names (e.g. my mental villain has Dementia Dungeon and my mental hero has her Mind Palace) but I've also created a few based on more iconic locations without directly using the iconic name, such as my atomic villain who has Lex as a mentor (his base is called L Corp). And I'm pretty sure you can use variations of Oa like "Oan" so, if you want to base your name around the Green Lantern theme, you could go with something like Oan Quarters or Oan Outpost.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Character, lair and armory names all share the same function and therefore the same restrictions. It's why I also can't name my Aquaman themed armory 'Aquaman' or my Wonder Woman themed armory 'Amazon'.
    • Like x 1
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

try "Neo Oa." Neo Oa sounds pretty cool. can't see there being much of a problem with that.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The word 'Oa' is blocked. You can't name anything using the word 'Oa'.
    • Like x 1
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

Neo O. a? NeOa? NeoOA?

lol. outstanding. you can't even use the word "Oasis."

yeah, no. that's complete bollocks. I'm all for protecting your copyrights, but banning words that have bugger all to do with your copyrights, just because they happen to have two letters in the same order is just plain arsey. what about Battalion? can we use that? 'cause, you know, that's got "Bat" in it. . .

utterly ridiculous.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can name something 'Oasis' but you can't name something 'Oa Sis'. You just can't have 'Oa' as a standalone word.
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

Based on what the other guy said, this seems to be bot-made, ergo, "block everything containing OA on it", instead ofbeing manually set. This is a known limitation on these kinds of bots.
    • Like x 1
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I just went & tried all the names I posted. "Oasis" was one of them. it said "invalid", for me. & it didn't accept "NeoOa" or "neooa" either.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Try 'Oak'.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I wish we could have a few extra letters and flexibility to name our lairs. I wanted to name one of my alts lairs "the outer nether omniverse" and it wouldn't let me. I also like naming a few of my alts lairs like apartment listings under their secret identities.

a good workaround would be to name your lair something like "Oan Teleporter Sector 2814" or "Oan Transport Main Citadel" or some such.