Base Items Consistency In-Game and on Census

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Superskull85, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I like collecting base items. My biggest obstacle is not knowing what I have left to collect. So I created a rough tool to do this. However even after I dealt with the Census' quirks I still don't have 100% complete list since Base Items on the Census have cease to update after Episode 20. At the same time sorting is not consistent compared to what you would see in-game.

There are roughly 260+ base items that have a Census category. Roughly 70+ base items are also not even listed (of the ones I know of). On top of that some of the uncategorized base items on Census do have a category in-game. Even more-so system base items and packs (such as Mainframe objects) are not filtered into their own category which causes confusion. So can the following please happen at some point?
    1. Assign each and every base item to their appropriate category (even the ones that don't have a category in-game)
    2. Keep the Census database up-to-date each Episode
    3. Move system base items and packs to their own category. (The generic "Base Items" category would do fine.)
    4. Match categorization between Census and in-game.
    I can provide whatever data I have to help with this if requested.

Optionally it would be nice if:
    1. Base items had a sub-category or flag that described how they are obtain (Marketplace, Drop, Vendor, etc.)
    2. A flag exists to determine whether a base item is "exclusive" (such as the Patriotic items) or "event only" (such as those from Survival Mode/Seasonal). This would greatly help to know which base items can be farmed/obtained year long and which cannot (without another player's assistance).
    It is annoying knowing that Census can provide me with the checklist I would like but that I have to a) partially add items to it and b) manually categorize over a thousand items. I've done this for the majority of them, and may release my work at some point, but the Census listing could definitely be improved if only to keep it up-to-date.
    • Like x 1