Banned for cheating

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Powerhouse70, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Arkangel77 Level 30

This dose seem to be the main problem here. They only respond if the Majority is outraged. No concern for the minority that is getting screwed.

Yes its Infuriating but add to that the feeling of helplessness and the fact that you know no matter what you do you are dealing with a group that shown at every step of the way that they just dont give a rip about you. STILL no response to my ticket. I provided the info they requested 2 days ago and zippo. I will probably be past my 3 days b4 I even get another response!!!! This is ridiculous. I dont care how long it takes - I will get an explanation or I will just keep demanding one until they ban me!
    • Like x 2
  2. Arkangel77 Level 30

Well My 3 day suspension is over - I now have access to my account again. However - Still no reply to mt ticket, Still no idea what I am being accused of other than cheating?, Still no way to prevent my being banned tomorrow. Great Work DCUO - Fantastic way to treat your paying customers. I AM ALSO requesting a reply on the ticket I started om Friday, AGAIN.
  3. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

Well hey, at least it isn't a seven day :(. Still, I don't know what I'm going to do after mine is up. I'm caught between being eager to play again and being too scared to play in case it happens again, or worse, I end up with a permanent ban. The help.soe support team have already demonstrated they aren't going to do the one thing they're supposed to, which is help.
    • Like x 1
  4. Arkangel77 Level 30

This is in fact the biggest problem in all this. I started your fears and have stated that repeatedly to SOE. I called them today and finally got a response to my ticket.

This was the response I got from them today about my ticket.
    Hello,

The Arkangel account was found using a game modification that is not allowed. This can include movement speed cheats as well as map/mini map mods. No game alterations are allowed.

Regards,

Edward R
    Senior Support Agent
    Sony Online Entertainment

My response is simple this - I dont use any game modifications so Why did I get flagged this time and how am I sapose to make sure I dont get flagged again? There is nothing to fix or change. I run a 3 year old lap top with Windows 7 os and TS with NO overlay and that's IT!!!
    • Like x 1
  5. Arkangel77 Level 30

New Info from SOE.

There are several ways to be flagged This could be (this list is in no way inclusive) anything from macro keys found on many types of keyboards, to turbo buttons found one some types of controllers, to making use of specialized game clients that allow for teleporting, clipping and other inappropriate in game behaviors. The only thing I can recommend is to uninstall DCUO and then delete the left over game folder and then re-download and install. That way if any files have been modified in any way they will be deleted and new ones installed. We cannot give you any specifics as to what was detected on your account.

Your account will remain closed for the duration of the suspension. Once the suspension is up the system will automatically release your account so you can access it again. Please keep in mind that further incidents can lead to additional suspensions or permanent ban.

Sincerely,
    Senior GM Sopis
    Sony Online Entertainment LLC

So to sum it up, they think I should delete the game and re install. They still wont tell me what I am accused of doing. The list of things they offered as a possibility do not apply because I haven't done any of that stuff. O and they remind me I can be Perma Banned if it happens again - WOW are these guys helpful or what?!?!?!?
    • Like x 1
  6. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

I wouldn't take those messages too seriously, they're just the exact same automated ones they keep sending to everybody with this problem.
    • Like x 1
  7. Arkangel77 Level 30

Well I did what they asked last night. I deleted everything including the left over game folders and then re-installed the game fresh. Problem is my in game settings are still the same so I guessed I missed something which made the whole thing pointless i guess. . . .
  8. UltraVillain Committed Player

It is not reasonable to get a ban without a full explanation of the reasons and an opportunity to present your own case...this is a fairly fundamental process in any service to which you pay or subscribe. I am all in favour of harsh penalties for identified cheating (and anyone who reveals their account to other parties must take the responsibility themselves) but a due process needs to be followed.
  9. Arkangel77 Level 30

I agree with you 100%. But SOE dose not feel the same way. You are wrong because they say so. They are infallible so dont even think they are capable of making a mistake. You want to play there game - You must submit to there absolute power with no hope of fair treatment or any chance to defend yourself. . . . . .
    • Like x 1
  10. Raventhorn2 New Player

Just be careful guys!

This is Powerhouse70 on a temp account.

Monday was the last day of my 7 day suspension and Ive been running Spark of Ion, Themyscira Divided and the tier 6 duos without incident until today.

My last log-in this morning was around 11am and tonight when I went to play after finishing my college homework I was unable to log-in. Checked my email and my account was terminated at 7pm tonight....almost 8 hours after my last log-in and while I was asleep.

Cause given was cheating, even though I havent.Would be a fool do so after so recent a suspension but evidently SOE thinks were all idiots who are lacking in integrity.

That really baffles me given the amount of times I die in higher tier duos and how many times Ive seen people doing 10-20 times the damage I do, even at 108 cr.

I even went through the trouble of performing a clean install on my pc and reloading all of my programs, including downloading and installing DCUO, from scratch to make sure I didnt have malware or a virus attached.

4 years plus countless hours of playing, growing a league and furnishing my bases....all down the drain in a matter of weeks.....despite no prior issues at all.

There arent words to express how angry and disappointed I am right now.
  11. GRATZIEEE New Player

The same thing happened to me couple days ago. I recieved the ban for no reason, I tried to get an explanation from them, but ineffectually. I think they just can't accept the fact that's their system doesn't work properly and just are trying to maintain reputation.
  12. Arkangel77 Level 30

Pwerhouse - this is Unbelievable butt hen again we talking about SOE so Its very believable. You cant be careful when u get banned for doing nothing wrong!!!! Just further evidence that SOE dosent care even a little bit about its paying customers! There should be an appeal process. There should be a Burden of proof on them! I bet if they lost 1/2 there subscribers to this they would do something different. . . . this infuriates me, After all that time too loose if because there system is flawed. The contempt they show for the customer is absolutely staggering
    • Like x 1
  13. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

Banning innocent users was already breaking one boundary, permanent termination of an account is another.

I would hope this might make help.soe aware of what's going on but frankly they seem to be so stuck up about their system they're completely unaware.
    • Like x 2
  14. arcosanti New Player

I was also recently banned for 3 days for the third party software reason/libelous slander. I don't cheat and despise those who do. I called the soe support phone number, though the rep was polite. he passed the buck to the devs who roboticly reasserted my guilt via the same nonsequitor emails. sent to me originally. I had to make a temp account in order to communicate with these people and received the exact same email replies again. Bad business plus possibly civilly actionable.
    • Like x 2
  15. Raventhorn2 New Player

Ive yet to even receive a reply.I guess they are all off work for the holidays now.
  16. Arkangel77 Level 30

They dont seem to care about tickets or issues on the weekends. Then again - do they really show much care or concern during the week? . . . . .
  17. Darkest Law New Player

Hello all,

I haven't been banned or anything like that, but when they say that they have detected a third-party program or whatever, could it be detecting game controllers? Do any of you guys use them?
  18. spadeofslades2 New Player

Unbelievable (see previous posts)

Spadeofslades was terminated about an hour ago, seems I was too late in reconsidering playing again. For gods sake SOE get this sorted out...users aren't just being banned...they're being ****ing TERMINATED!.
  19. spadeofslades2 New Player

Let's just say I'm not going to be silenced until this is resolved. Help.soe best be ready for a lot of messages.
  20. Raventhorn2 New Player

No controller here. Wireless mouse and standard Hp keyboard.

Initiated a clean install of my OS after 7 days suspension to make sure I didnt have any viruses or adware causing the issue. And when I say clean install I mean clean install. Took me hours to reinstall all of my various graphics programs and DCUO.