Bane - Venom Clap bug

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xkillarxpantex, Jan 30, 2015.

1. xkillarxpantex New Player

• Like x 3
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It might have something to do with it being classified as a projectile. Good fight though! Go post it over in the bug section and link me when it's done.

EDIT: I just watched the video again and remembered it has a cast bar, a quick cast bar, but a cast bar nonetheless, which is what's preventing you from clipping it or jump cancelling it.
    • Like x 2
  3. xkillarxpantex New Player

4. Absolix Loyal Player

I believe that preJCing anything JCable prevents any damage from hitting. When you JC Bane's roar you do it after the animation starts not before. In PvE, channeled executes can JCed in the same way, but give no damage, not even an initial tick.
  5. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Venom clap has a cast bar, hence if you JC or clip it too early you won't get the damage.
    • Like x 3
  6. xkillarxpantex New Player

good to know now ,lel
  7. xkillarxpantex New Player

seems so ^^
  8. xkillarxpantex New Player

thanks for the info
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Either way we need more people who actually reproduce bugs on film.
    • Like x 1
  10. drenz Developer

Just investigated this on my end, and you're all correct. There was a 250 milisecond cast bar before a projectile, meaning that if you could hit the quarter second clip window, you'd not get anything from the ability. That sucks!!

I'm going to fix this by removing the cast time entirely and I'm also going to make this a sphere and not a projectile. This way it will fire immediately each time and without a delay.

As a fellow Bane player, squashing old bugs like this pleases me.

Good catch,
    Drenz
    • Like x 8
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

While I've got your attention can you look into Two Face? In his Two Face Domination in your face does not deal damage at all against enemies who are crowd controlled/countered. In addition to that Batman still has that text bug where he's shown to have a debuff however does not.
    • Like x 4
  12. Troll Zama New Player

What about Saint Walker's first skill aswell?
    • Like x 1
  13. Talve Dedicated Player

I would not even had called it a bug. Like Clutch and Enquirer both mentioned, cast bar. Now it will just be instant high damage DOT nuke. There are characters who need buffs much-much more than Bane did.

Only iffy thing about this ability wasn't it not being clippable but was that slow projectile part. This meant that when you slightly moved to left/right, specially with a jump, it missed you. Was kind a hilarious.
    • Like x 5