Backups/sidekicks & Counter Mechanics- 'Working as Intended"?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TK PUSHA, Feb 18, 2013.

1. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

So, i have been meaning to do some specific tests on the AI for the Backup and Sidekick NPCs.
    Specifically whether or not their counter mechanics work vs other players in pvp.

Now, from just observing them in arena or lair battles i have yet to see their Interupts or BLock Breakers actually trigger a counter on the opposing player.

Now, is this 'working as intended', or should it be like all other NPCs in the game that now can perform counters?

Hopefully i'll be able to do some deul tests soon, but has anyone already checked into this?
    thanks.
  2. XKalibur New Player

I've been block-broken by Sidekicks a few times. But it seems like my back-up never throw BBs. I had hoped that getting Boost II on the back-up would make them attack differently (I.e. one would lunge, one would BB, while one would stand nearer to me and block, all while facing one target), but they all seem to do the same attacks in unison.

Maybe it needs tweaking. Or maybe I'm just unlucky.
  3. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

yeah, the rate of BBs to Interupts is defnitely an issue.

Actually what i am most concerned about is if the counters are actually registering.

i have yet to see a Red Circle flash over an opposing player who is block breaked by the NPC.

As soon as i can find a testing partner i will thoroughly be able to see if everything is at least possible.
  4. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

Did a little testing today on this subject.
    My conclusion for now is that backup/sidekicks seemingly can trigger 'counters', but that they are not registering 90% of the time.

In a short deul test today a friend and I called Backup and then a sidekick one at a time.
    We then just initiated them into combat and blocked.

For now it seemed they couldnt even be block countered by the player, but they were affected by the 'Explosive block' mod.
    so, 1 for 2 there.

then after a few failed melee combos, both the backup and sidekick changed to ranged Block breakers as they should.
    Sadly it seems that the NPCs Block Breakers only registered a counter once out of like 10 thrown.

finally my friend throw melee combos (BBs) to see if he could get interupted.
    this did work once, unless i was missing some other reason that my friend got the 'red counter' symbol from being interupted.

so...
    yeah, this needs to be worked on.