Back from the hack feat.. or how we can't ever complete the feat list.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Johny Burst, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Johny Burst Active Player

Good morning,

I just reached the max SP in the game, with 901/901 feats unlocked. But something is annoying me. I will never be able to REALLY complete the game since I got no way of unlocking the infamous "Back from the hack" feat.

I started playing DCUO in november 2011, a few month after the hack. I would have start way earlier but when the game was launch, I didn't have money to buy it... and when I got some the whole network was down..

So, at this point, I found it pretty unfair that for being unable to play a game, so people got an ''Achievement''. Because that's what feat are.. a reward for completing something, not for being unable to do so.

I would just like to propose if you guys can consider a way to unlock this feat for those who are still here after all those years. A suggestion would be when you complete all the other feats for example. Or I would even pay 1K SC for it ! Or it could also be a : 2K hour of gameplay !

Anyway. These are just suggestion from someone who feels like his feats board will never be complete.

Thanks for this moment.

Johny Burst
    USPC
    • Like x 2
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

1 sp or 50 extra feat points won't mean any difference .. I understand you're reasoning you want to "complete" the game entirely... But honestly you have ... Think about it that's not even a "skill point" it took no skill... No effort at all to gain that feat...
    • Like x 9
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

901/901 u beat the game period
    • Like x 3
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I feel you brother, I thought of a solution a while ago

Those who want the feat can take a 2-3 month ban and voila, we get the feat afterwards xD
    • Like x 3
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

No.

You weren't here, you don't deserve (or need for that matter) the feat or the mask that came with it.
    • Like x 21
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

sorry you should never get back from the hack unless you were playing when the hack happened we couldn't play for over a month so we survived the hack you didn't.. so sorry to tell you this but life is full of disappointments so learn to get used to some of them
    • Like x 10
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

ours wasn't voluntary it was forced upon us as soon as we were all good and addicted to the game so no thats not a even trade live with not having it.
    • Like x 9
  8. same Johnny Dedicated Player

This is why you (and I, for that matter) should not get the feat. Ever.

/close thread/all threads on the matter.
    • Like x 12
  9. Bobburt Committed Player

You (we) don't deserve the Hack feat because you (we) weren't around for it. Simple as that.
    • Like x 10
  10. kawe Loyal Player

Now that we have SP leaderboards more of these threads will pop up. hehehe
    • Like x 3
  11. The Doctor Loyal Player

Good
    • Like x 1
  12. AlwaysFumbles Well-Known Player

If you have 901 out of 901, you have all the feats. It's that simple. You can't get the other feats. You can't go back in time or make SOE have a prolonged outage so you can't earn that feat. There are other feats you don't have and can't have. There are feats for other mentors, villain feats, and some feats that were removed from the game. There are also other things in the game that have changed over time that new people will never have the chance to experience. There's a life lesson somewhere in there...
  13. KidMidnight Loyal Player

Schadenfreuded
    • Like x 4
  14. Rockman X New Player

Nobody should have a problem with not having this feat. The only issue here is that it rewards 50 fp when it really should just reward a measly 10 fp. Why? Why not?
    • Like x 2
  15. Johny Burst Active Player

I understand your opinions, but, a feats is an achievement. They didn't achieve anything. And for the feats counter, if i wouldn't have switched roles / movements, my total would be complete but still lower than the max and I would still miss some feats.

Following that thought, why those who were not there in febuary 2011 for the Aphrodite event got all the feats for free the following years ? We did nothing to win those extra feats than live with the devs lazyness. Exactly like 'old' players did nothing then not play a few months. I would be totally willing to pay a few extra months for it ! People pay for silly auras, why couldn't I pay for it in the worst case ?

That's where the bs is. And don't give me that : You were not here argument, cause otherwise everyone should lose the Aphrodite events free feats.
  16. same Johnny Dedicated Player

This is correct.

It still doesn't mean you/we should get the Back from the Hack feat. The hack was something completely out of the devs control so they decided to reward those that were around at the time. The Aphrodite event was apparently full of bugs and they were untouched/unfixed for so long, the devs decided to award them out of "guilt/shame", maybe. If you fail to see the difference, then, by all means, start sending e-mails, letters, faxes, pigeon post, whatever, asking for the feat.

I will say this, though: with each new "Gimme it!" thread, the more I hope we are never given the feat. We were not around and all these threads about it seem to point to unreasonable entitlement issues. Why should you get something if you don't meet the requirements to have it? Because someone else has it? It doesn't even come up in the in-game feat list! Sorry, this is just being spoiled.
    • Like x 6
  17. the solowing Unwavering Player

what happened to playing for fun?
    • Like x 4
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you think about the circumstances behind that feat being given out, you should feel glad that you don't have it.
    • Like x 8
  19. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Let's break this down with some good old fashioned logical reasoning. Follow closely as this will go pretty quickly.
    1) Feat is called "Back from the Hack."
    2) You were not here for the hack.
    3) You did not register or pay during the hack.
    4) The players at the time had to wait around 2 months (while some of them were still paying) until the world was back up.
    5) Those who showed loyalty and returned to the game got this feat.

As you were not here before or during the hack, it is completely impossible for to to have 'come back from it.'
    The argument you are making can be changed to a number of things, so for my next example I'll use legal drinking age in the US.
    1) Legal drinking age is 21, meaning you 'd have to be born before today in 1993
    2) (For argument's sake) you were born next month November 18, 1993.
    3) You go to a bar and see a man only a month older than you get let in.
    4) You try to enter
    5) Bouncer says 'One more month homie.' and you say ... 'but I was born only a month after the cut off. Its only a month, its not that long a time.'

You can use the same line of thinking for anything that has a time stamp on it. You don't have the right time stamp, you don't get bubkiss. It's how the world works.

EDIT:
    Oops, just saw your bit about the Valentine's Day feats, so, let's discuss that. Again, won't take long.
    1) Valentine's Day is a yearly event, happening once each year, every years.
    2) The Hack was a one time event, Zod willing, happening only once, ever.
    3) These two things are in no way relateable
    • Like x 13
  20. Stark23 Committed Player

Don't use logic and reason in these conversations, they completely ignore it. Common sense would tell anyone who has and ever will make ANOTHER thread about this that if you weren't here for it then you're not getting it. End of story.
    • Like x 7