Avoid if you don't want Spoilers: Strategies for the New Raids

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Lightws, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Lightws Dedicated Player

Warning the following is a Spoiler for the mechanics each raid has do not read if you want to find it all out on your own.

Set-up that I prefer the most is 4-2-1-1, DPS - Troller - Healer - Tank

Necropolis: This raid is pretty self-explanatory, this is a mix of Nexus and Tunnel of Lust. The strategies for this raid are pretty simple and goes as follows.

For adds if there's a artifact weapon present the adds will continue to re-spawn.

Boss #1 - This boss will basically get powered up from the artifact that is inside the room. Artifacts in these raids are basically like nexus last boss artifacts. So you want to keep the boss away from the artifact as much as possible. This boss will walk to the artifacts to try to get his buff. Completely avoidable by doing as followed. Get a artifact weapon and lunge him. Once you do that he will no longer run to the artifact and will go back to the tank. That is it.

Boss #2 - This boss is just about the same as boss one. However there are two artifacts that you must keep the boss away from. But the same tactics still stand lunge him with artifact weapon and he will stop and go back to the tank.

Boss #3 - Stay in the back of the room to avoid LoS. Once you begin fighting after a certain point artifacts from the other two boss fights pop up and begin to help the boss. There's no way to avoid it so just keep him still. Make sure to pull the adds away from the group and begin to kill him. He will go down easy really no strategy or wacky mechanic to help it.

Artifacts from the Past: This raid is pretty simple and easy, It's a mix of Nexus and AnB. The strategies for this raid are pretty simple and goes as follows.

Boss #1 - This boss will basically revive his adds from the previous boom tubes which spawned after interacting with Mister Miracle. You can avoid this by simply pulling adds into one of the corners and then after the adds are done and the boss spawns move him in the opposite corner. After that this boss is pretty simple he does nothing. However he will jump to the areas where the adds are so pull him back and stay away from that area. Basically that's it.

Boss #2 - This boss will basically attack the group with mass AoE's. Put simply put the boss in a corner and have your group bunch up like Paradox. The attacks he throws will split. Afterwards he will do absolutely nothing and die fairly slow.

Split Part - Now there are two ways to do the split part. Simply hit both computers then group up and kill all of the adds and both mini bosses. Or actually split which most people probably wont do. However there is a feat for splitting so yeah id agree splitting is better. If you choose to split do it by alert groups Healer, Troller, and 2 DPS and Tank, Troller, and 2 DPS.

Boss #3 - This boss will spawn walls of damage auras and multiple adds. What the groups does is simply hit the boom tubes and keep the adds from spawning. What the tank does is keep the boss visible to the group. Stay out of the aura if you are not the tank. That's basically it for this raid.

Lockdown - Was hard till you learn the mechanics, This raid is basically Paradox and SM. The strategies for this raid are pretty simple and goes as follows.

Well for starters unlike the other raids this one has important mechanics that everyone needs to pay attention to. Inside this raid is a teleporter that the enemies tries to complete to steal the artifact in the middle. This can be avoided by focusing the technicians before they can build the teleporter. I should also add once the teleporter is complete everyone will instantly be one shotted even rages with 100k health.

Tank Strategy - The tank should be tanking on top of the artifact. Before when it came out I thought this was a terrible idea. But after time and kaisers thought I began to realize how much this helps the raid overall. If you tank on top of the artifact the technicians will have a harder time of actually building. Spam pulls and DPS and Trollers focus the technicians.

Boss #1 - This fight is pretty simple, The boss will focus the tank until a certain point. Trappers will spawn as well as Technicians and Grenadiers. However if possible keep Trappers and Grenadiers alive because if you do so Technicians will not be able to spawn in anymore. Allowing you to focus the boss and kill him as quick as possible. Trappers will trap any player and keep them from doing anything however as seen in the cut-scene the device in the back will get anyone who is trapped out of the trap.Once this bosses health passes 25% he gains a attack that will teleport him to the furthest person and then one shots them and leaves a dot on the ground will be hard to pick up. The strategy I came up with to avoid this goes as follows.

One troller will be in the back to basically bait his teleport. What this troller will do is continuously move so that he doesn't get caught by the one shot or stun and hit with the dot. What this troller must also keep in mind is that if he cannot see you he will not teleport to you. So stay close enough to see his name but far enough to keep him porting to you and no one else. Once you do that the groups survival rate goes up by a lot. However if a developer could tell us if this is a exploit or not that would be nice. While one troller does that the other troller will stand by the trapping generator or atleast closer to it so that you do not wipe from tank or someone being jailed. This is extremely important to call out trapped so the troller knows who is trapped. Same for if the troller that is stopping the traps themselves become trapped.

After the first Boss the artifact will take effect. When that happens depending on the artifact depends on what will happen. I don't know all the artifacts yet and there effects but I would love to learn them. Some are harder then others like nexus.

Boss #2 and #3 - This boss has a mechanic that is tricky. Boss #1 will do multiple attacks which are hazards to groups. One being a damage aura which will not kill the user but will kill the surrounding people in a one shot. He will also throw shurikens at the group which causes one shots. He will also randomly charge anyone in the group. All of these can be avoided by simply splitting up and not staying together. There will be guns around inside of this raids room and when the 2nd boss comes out you will want to use it. The reason for this is simply as long as both of these bosses are out you will not be able to aggro the 2nd boss. While the other one will charge at anyone randomly.

So what you have to do pretty much is simply grab the gun and cage a boss. I personally think that the first boss which is Kalibak is better to be caged then Mantis the 2nd boss. If Kalibak is out split up, If Mantis is out group up. Pretty simple but hard to do for two reasons. Also while doing this keep the Technicians from completing the teleporter.

That's about it for the raids there not that difficult In my opinion just require the knowledge of learning what will or will not happen.

You can melee every boss except the last bosses of lockdown do to giving dmg aura to the tank etc. Everything else is completely fine. Happy cartwheeling rages :).
    • Like x 4
  2. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Honestly looking forward to this content.

Thank you for the info.
  3. Lightws Dedicated Player

lol NP alot of testing went into all of these strats especially lockdown.
  4. Lightws Dedicated Player

So confirmed by Mepps the strategy for General Kraze is 100% legitimate so have fun with the raid :).
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea that strategy for General Kraze worked last night. Thanks for the tips, cant wait till this thing goes live so I can do it with my friends( even though guys on test are cool too).
  6. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

So helpful, thanks man :)
  7. vladspally Well-Known Player

Thanks for the information, looking forward to New content. Just a small request - in addition to typing boss 1 / boss 2 etc. Can you also include the boss names as well. Coz people are talking about General Kraze in here and haven't for the life of me got a clue which strategy I should be looking at for that, since you just numbered the bosses.

Juss a small thing that's all. Otherwise thanks for the info.
    • Like x 1
  8. Red Jenni Loyal Player

This is kind of dated, but that's just what I was thinking and no one ever responded. I'm a villain. Which boss # is Gen. Kraze?
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

General Kraze (hero side) is the first boss in Lockdown.