Auras are cool but...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Samael, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Samael New Player

I don't like being forced to pick a specific color. I admit, regardless I will probably end up dealing with it and picking one, however I would like to see an addition to the aura list. Simply add a aura that has the ability to be color customized.

We can change the color of out skin, hair, gear. Why not our Aura's (If we have one) too? Green was a great addition, however I feel making a custom one for those players that need to make an orange one and don't want to have to settle for golden would be a great addition and would make a lot of people happy.

I would be willing to pay money for it if it was a Marketplace addition and I am sure others would too.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jake IX New Player

If they were to make an aura that changes to any color, then all other aura's will be worthless.
    • Like x 2
  3. Rasta Committed Player

Copyright. I know it sounds ridiculous but they have to clear everything with DC Comics before everything can be put in game. If you were to make them customizable DC Comics probably wouldn't allow it because their shades could be similar to the actual heroes
  4. Poo New Player

We have green now yes, but, the shade of green is not the correct shade for Green Lanterns. So no, they can not allow this.
    • Like x 1
  5. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Off topic but I remember u when you were a young pup lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Jake IX New Player

Lol yep.

Biq ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Masta New Player

I'd just like misty auras. fiery auras. icy auras. electric auras. Dragon Ball Z Super Saiyen auras. The Plasmic aura was a step in the right direction, but the other huge glowing auras around our characters are just too much.
    • Like x 2
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

I was just about to ask what colors were left and then I saw your post. lol
    • Like x 1
  9. GregDawe New Player

Let's say they put the customize-able aura in the marketplace. That would mean players are paying real cash for them.

I'm not lawyer or full on businessman, but wouldn't that have some sort of influence over the licencing debate? It would in a sense mean players are paying(more) to have their toon appear to look like the licensed characters of the DC Universe.

That said, I'd love the option to buy auras in the marketplace. 100, 200 station cash per aura. 500 for the custom one, 500 for the Iconic auras. why not?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the issue with copyright in game was so that players werent able to appear as a pre existing hero/villain in the DC Universe and then tarnish the name of said character? The chance of a player in game managing that to the point where there is a serious damaging effect to the pre existing character would be slim to none at best.

If they are so worried about how a toon glows in terms of copyright, wouldnt their time be more wisely spent stopping players from creating toons with the names like "xxx El" or "**Green Lantern**, GrEEn Lant3rn"? I feel that would be more detrimental to copyright?
  10. LL New Player

I hate auras. I sell mine. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Its actually nothing to do with copyright. Its all down to what DC comics Approve of to be added in game. As jens has said before.
  12. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Well they ended up becoming a very desired element and a unit of trade by itself, and these kind of things benefit the game as a whole, so... yeah, that
  13. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I just want the light Auras that they put in GU 32 by mistake... They already have them done, why not just put them in or allow us to toggle our fat bulky auras to the more natural mist auras
    • Like x 1
  14. GregDawe New Player

Have they though? All bar the introduction of the Green Aura, every other aura was fairly average in terms of demand. Even when Rage came about, the demand of red auras barely changed.

These kinds of game mechanics are far too simplistic for what they could be.

Auras could be all and more of what has already been discussed in this thread.

Purchaseable weapon packs are one style per weapon, when they could be over 9000X more desirable and awesome if they would have the shape of a pre existing weapon style but they glow/shape of the specific weapon pack, a thread that is based on this here:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-weapon-packs.194075/

These kinds of things are pointless in terms of how you perform in the game itself, no extra vita/resto/might, ect. comes with having these applied to your character. However the amount that these simple changes can make to the entire way you experience DCUO is unmeasureable.

People would pay the extra $10-$20 just to have that level of customization for one look of their toon, I bloody would. And times that demand 10fold because of the introduction of the Armories.

I honestly think this game would profit so much more if it changed these two simple things, and maybe a couple of other simple aesthetics that benefit nothing but personal satisfaction for the individual player.