Atlantis Impression

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mysticwraith, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

I want to give some feedback on the upcoming DLC, commending & criticizing some of the elements brought with this new chapter in DCUO. Please be aware there is praise, as well as condemning points to this thread. This is not to diminish the efforts of the development, but to hopefully address some of the underlining issues within the gamer experience.

Environment
    First off, Atlantis is an Amazing zone that each part of the development team should be proud of. From swimming, architecture, sound effects, even to the coral itself, the initial experience a player will have in this zone is simply stunning. The bar set to accomplish this feat was inspirational, and each department brought great execution of delivery.

While the dev team did an awesome job of accomplishing this massive feat, there are some negatives to a player's experience however.

1. Cluttered Zone
    I appreciate the new area beyond words, but as an advent MMOer I feel confined within each DLC zone. You might ask yourself, what do you mean? Well, all I do in the zones are the quests, with no real sense of exploration. What's the point of having a "zone" if there is nothing to explore, or unexpected danger waiting me around the bend? I can't even enter a single building in hopes to see what the interior might look like. Now I admit, this sort of thing might seem trivial to some, but for any player playing a zone for months, little details like this are important. The city structures could have been spread out some, along with NPCs, and access to some structures would make a player more immersed in their environment, instead of feeling like a fish in a bowl.

2. Monotonous Quests
    It breaks my heart to see one of the best games that deliver content fall short on the zone quests, but with each DLC all one can expect is the same dull repeatable quests, while majority of the "real content" is spent within the alerts or raids, and this cheapens the zone's potential. A player wants to feel an experience and a journey when they enter a new area. Chain questing dailies to another story line is much needed to give players an appreciated for the environment they are in.

3. Raids & Alerts
    The raids and alerts are awesome. No doubt, this is where DCUO shines. Casuals and hardcore players alike can enjoy some form of access to the progression system like no other game provides. Atlantis DLC raises the bar once again! From story board, to mechanics, no player will be disappointed with this DLCs content in that aspect.

Overview
    While there are minor improvements that could be made towards each DLC, Atlantis is by far one of the most impressive DLCs I've seen to date. The Dev team went far beyond the call, and answered with their best performance without question. I'm so happy to have the privilege to experience this first hand. I do urge the development team not to write off my suggestions, as I'm usually pretty actuarte about this type of details. Overall though, Atlantis is deserving of a score of 8.5 in my book! I can actually say, I look forward to see what the team will bring us next :D
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I miss having a Duo here; and I feel that Coin generation will be much slower.
    The Solo is slow, and so is swimming in Open World to get Quests done.
    The puzzle factor may end up slowing down the alert as well.
    You are right about the fish in the bowl feeling, and something exploratory would be fun.
    Graphics and Art are A+++; but game design is poor.