Aspects of powers and movement - ideas

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Serj, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Serj Committed Player

That I feel , are missing a tad from the game, and will give it more depth and realism.
    these are just some ideas me and a few friends have been throwing back and forth and maybe this thread will atleast get looked at because I think implenting such ideas can be pretty cool.

some of the ideas:

movement
    Acrobatics: the zip line could have more uses to it, it can latch to other targets rather than just buildings, this could work like a reverse pull, making you jump to the target instead of the target being pulled towards you. vulnrable to interrupt

Superspeed:
    speed force can have a feature when you use it like a ram and charge through breakable objects, or knock targets down. vulnrable to interrupt
    pressing space while using speed force can also stun for 1.5s if there are targets within the jump area.

Flight:
    the initial burst of supersonic can knock targets within that area down.
    using divebomb and landing on the ground when the crater is made can also knock targets back (think prototype)

powers

some powersets should be able to interact with each other as well as powers.

fire and ice for example can cancel eachother out (fire melts ice etc)
    fire can work with earth (hardening)

wish i had more ideas about powers but this is all i have atm.

I'm aware that dozens of other threads have probably been opened about this subject in the past, and that some of the ideas are and/or will not be applicable within the systems of the game and because of certain mechanics. but, some of them can definately work.

feel free to drop/chime in with your ideas, get creative and come up with ones that make sense not to you but broadly to what the game has and things that can be expanded on.

if you got nothing better to do than to flame/troll or shut this down immidietly you can try the joker funshouse.
  2. buddah Well-Known Player

I know flight has something like when you dive you push enemies away from you for a few seconds after you finish
  3. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

Most of all on Acrobatic we need a SUPER JUMP ala Doosday or Hulk...........rocket assist glide is just another skin for flying. It makes more sense for a jump that you say hold down a button to charge and flings you up and the direction you are facing. Not as efficent as flight but an acrobat wouldn't be flying.............

Whatever you do don't mess up our ziplines, vital for acrobats.
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Arobatics have a zip tie attack with SP use, Super Speed has a power that is similar to what you stated and flight also has one as you stated, just use a SP to get said powers.

As for power interactions, it would be nice but hard to implement due to all the other in game items they have already developed.
  5. Delta795 New Player

Can you imagine the uproar from the community for looking glide assist?
    "This sucks Devs, you took away my glide and now when jumping I land right in the middle of a bunch of adds!"

While I like the idea, I can see the devs saying "damned if ya do, damned if ya don't"
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Just create a new variant of acrobatics.
  7. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

Doesn't even need a new varient, DON'T take away rocket assit glede........add Super Jump (you could even put them on same line in Acro menu and make it a 'this or that' selection)

Super Speed has 9 slots, Flight has 10, Acrobatics only 8 so it doesn't even need a whole new varient.
  8. Ascended Well-Known Player

I'd love to see the abilities in the Movement trees changed into "Weapon style" type combos, instead of being a loadout option.

Flight's Dive attack, for example, knocks adds down and all you have to do is get a little elevation. You can use it without it getting in the way of your powers and weapons. What if, instead of taking (for example) Low Pressure and putting it somewhere on your loadout, you triggered it by quickly tapping toward the target, then holding away from it and hitting the jump button? Combos delivered with your directional pad and the jump key, like a weapon combo, instead of taking up space on your (limited) loadout like a power?

It would completely change the nature of how the game is played of course, much like Weapon Mastery has. But it would make your Movement choice a much more important decision, instead of just being the method you use to get from A to B.
  9. Ascended Well-Known Player

Oh, also, while on the topic of Movement, I'd kill to see a Motorcycle variant skin for Super Speed.