#AskDCUO should be it's own show!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Radioactive Spider, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Radioactive Spider New Player

Friday Night Legends was a great start to have the community focused on webcasts. I think now is a good time to give players of this game what they are really looking for tuning in each week. It is time to make #AskDCUO it's own show! The show should give us behind-the-scenes information, the latest news and answers to all our questions, for those of us tuning in each week. Even having #AskDCUO be a 30 minute pre-show would make sense for upcoming content previews, works-in-progress teasers, and more. Watching Spytle play legends is great but watching Spytle and bat-friend Mepps give out more information about the product of DCUO, is even better!
    • Like x 11
  2. Avian Dedicated Player

The only problem with this is that they don't want to answer all of our questions and certainly not reveal anymore than they are doing right now.
    • Like x 1
  3. LL New Player

Talk to the people in control of marketing.

It is after all why spytle can't, and gets crap for leaking stuff.
    • Like x 2
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's exactly true. I remember on the old webcast days when they'd even have someone from marketing sitting just off camera to try and reign in what was going on. I think that's why sometimes Mepps isn't actually shown, because he's in Marketing's torture chamber under duress to keep Jens in line.

"Mention the next DLC content in the stream and you'll never see Mepps again..."
    • Like x 2
  5. LL New Player

You can really tell how much pull marketing has on Mepps....just watch a live cast...lol

I love how spytle just tortures him...lol
  6. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I’d definitely watch #AskDCUO but unfortunately it’s not gonna happen for various reasons.

As it stands now, I’ll watch the first couple minutes of FNL to see if there’s anything of note and then close the window once they start introducing the featured league(s).
  7. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Why not make a monthly official #AskDCUO forum thread? Other superhero mmo got this in its better days. Devs can gather questions by creating a thread once a month and then answer some of them, I\m sure it will be a blast.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You have it somewhat backwards. Mepps is marketing. I am the torturer!

I think one livestream is plenty of work to do and a lot to ask viewers to tune in for, so we'll focus on making it as great as it can be. We also know you generally want more inside looks and better access to information. #AskDCUO and the other mini-segments we're working on are part of how we're going to do that, and on a weekly basis.
    • Like x 8
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Noted! We'll move #AskDCUO to the last 15 minutes. Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 11
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

DARN IT!!! LMAO, why did you say that!? Hes gonna move it now.

Edit: too late.
    • Like x 3
  11. Caseyyeah Committed Player

Well, then I'll just watch the last 15 minutes then! Muhahahaha! J/k. Kinda.
    • Like x 2
  12. Liongale Dedicated Player

Oh snap, it just got real all up in here. ...I haven't seen Spytle's brick lately. Brick, are you ok? Just tell him what they want to know!

(Also I think adding AskDCUO to the last part of the show is a great idea, because everyone is gathered, would give it some more life and attention by then. Sometimes I forget about it at the start even though I want to see it.)
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

D: Don't be like the news and put the one thing you want at the end!!!!!!1111ONEONE
  14. Jake IX New Player

haha
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Agreed. I also think a lot of the questions would involve future content and just silly questions in general that already have answers if players just checked out the forums. Besides, Spytle's reaction to the last AskDCUO was a bit... Scary.
    "Next one.. GO TO THE NEXT ONE." Jeeez Jens LOL
  16. Regent Perry New Player

Can you goes mark it on youtube when the ASKDCUO starts and when the combat starts. PLease MEpps
  17. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Oh well, I guess I’ll have to wait for the YouTube video then. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Yeah, he got me with a nice troll post.
  19. Radioactive Spider New Player

If its the last 15 minutes, we need to make sure it ends with a high note. The community is boiling with Rage!!!
  20. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player