Ascended John Stewart (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by catplaysxoxo, Jan 13, 2023.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I think this story is a year old but a few days ago I stumbled upon this comic from DC and I was blown away. So I watch YouTubers read comics to me and I happen to see one about John Stewart. Let's just say he is stronger than Superman and is immortal. Kryptonians get their power from the sun but an ascended being like John Stewart gets their powers from all the cosmic forces. John Stewart doesn't need a green lantern ring or a central battery. He tanked creation level attacks which is insane.

He absorbed the Godstorm into himself and finally has a direct link to The Source. John Stewart is literally a god. Suffice to say from watching that one shot I was inspired to make a green lantern toon. Sucks we don't have a green lantern tank powerset but oh well. I can't post pictures so I'm sorry about that but if y'all like you can Google it or go to YouTube and find it. Oh and The Guardians knew about John Stewart.
    • Like x 1
  2. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

He was Transformed into a "New God" in that arc, akin to the likes of Highfather, Orion, Darkseid etc etc. But he isn't stronger than Superman, considering Superman can beat the 3 aforementioned New Gods, among others. He should be, but DC seems hell bent on letting stories lead to Kal El getting older, only for some McGuffin to come in and de-age him.

Example: Kal El finally starts looking like a "Kingdom Come" Superman at the start and throughout the Warworld saga, even sporting the grey temple hairstyle. But now all "Dawn of DCU" pictures make him look like he's in his 20s again.