Artifacts with relic mods? Just an idea.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WesPypes3679, Oct 25, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I'm unsure if DCUO has the resources to change or completely make a new visual for an existing power. But if there is a small possibility I have an idea. Change abilities of certain powers within your powersets. I know changing powers and they way they work may be a stretch...but imagine what that could bring to DCUO? Giving all players an opportunity to have an OP power. Something a bit different from our current SC's. Maybe its an artifact that gets placed in gear like a mod. It takes an old power and transforms it into something different...something super. Basically an OP mod. Make it exactly like the Artifacts. Nth metal to gain xp and catalyst to breakthrough rank milestones.
    Place the artifact mods in head or legs or create a mod placement on the Artifact gear slot. Ranking milestones can be broader...like 25, 50, and 100. Now lets say that this may be a possibilty. Us as a community can come up with awesome ideas collectively. Lets keep it a little formatted. Follow my guidelines. And lets see what we could come up with. If this was even mildly popular...it might cause some interest. Maybe even something similar.

Here is my ideas for Relic Mods Fire DPS and Fire Tank.

Fire...DPS
    Absorb Heat power becomes Flame Thrower. (Looks like Heat waves flame thrower. A spread out flamey looking absorb heat.)
    At rank 25-hits multiple targets (max 3 targets) with split damage (powercost reamins the same as AH)
    At rank-50 hits multiple targets (max 3 targets) with split damage plus DOT (powercost jumps up to 400)
    At rank-100 hits multiple targets no split damage. (Like hitting 3 absorb heats on 3 individuals at the same time) plus adds a DOT (powercost jumps up to 500)
    When using this power at rank 100 you become enflamed (like a visual que with a fire aura) while power is active, (kind of signifies your awesomeness.)

Fire...Tank
    Immolation becomes Devastation
    At rank 25-25% buff to defense while active (300 power cost)
    At rank 50-50% buff to defense and precision while active (400 power cost)
    At rank 100-double defense and precision with 75% immunity. Taunt is unbreakable while active as well. (500 power cost) Lay on the punishment as a tank while keeping your group alive.
    The same as DPS...using this power at rank 100 you become enflamed while power is active.

I totally understand it's all fictional...just an idea. But man...cant help but think..what if? Kinda gives us a little bit of that old CR differential OP'ness back. If nothing else...it would just be cool to see what you guys think and come up with. We can dream cant we? I was originally going to do 1 for each power I had a few ideas already...but I think it would be funner to see what we come up with collectively.