Artifacts Swap on combat needs to be supported or limited

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I think its game breaking a player being able to keep changing artifacts in the middle of the combat. I think artifacts swaping should be supported and give an aditional and unique flavor to the game.
    Currently, players in the middle of their rotation open the inventory and quickly equip the desired artifact. However, this is not only gamebreaking, but also cluncky.

My suggestion would be to change the artifact slots, as follow:
    1) Permanent Slot, this slot will never change in combat. Ex: Manacles
    2) Slow Slot, this artifact can be change, but has a huge cooldown Ex: EoG
    3) QuickSwap, this has an amount of charges 3/3. Ex: Scrap -> Orbital Arti -> SupplyDrop Arti

With a config similar to the armories it could be possible to accomplish this kind of system.
    At least is better then just preventing artifact switching in combat.

Again the possibilities are infinite, but has it is needs to change.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

How about no; and how about you just do it if you want to do it and don't do it if you don't want to do it, pretty simple.

It's not game breaking at all, it's the intended use of your inventory, hey how about we make it so literally the only buttons you can press in combat ever is 1 through 9, everything else is just outlawed!, outlawed I tell you!!

[IMG]

p.s I liked your post, so that I could then unlike it.
    • Like x 18
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Umm, I don't think the devs ever intended the gameplay to be: "Use power 1, open inventory, use power 2 and 3, open inventory again, use power 1 and 4, open inventory... again, use power 5, open inventory, etc."
    • Like x 6
  4. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

This people ! now go jump to prec nerf thread and start ******** becouse you might . Devs gona listen for sure becouse this is extra money potential for them same here make 10 artifac slot....bingo !
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Feel free to exaggerate a little more.

Notwithstanding, if a person was able to put decent damage out while going in to their inventory that repeatedly then good for them, but tac swapping has been a part of the game since forever, including tac swapping home turf trinkets and the like, you only have 4 slots (on your trinket belt) after all.

If a person has built up numerous artifact to the extent that they might benefit from swapping them in and out on occasion then they've earned that right, have they not? Did they not level them? Why shouldn't be able to use them for the purpose they're intended for, you can only ever have three on at once, but there's never ever been a rule saying you can't change those on the fly.

I mean we should disable armories too it's not fair for people to change mid fight, heck heaven forbid someone might want to change there weapon in the middle of a fight, oh wait how do they do that again... oh right... they open their inventory, right...

Or hey better yet, what if during SM a person wants to pull out a repair bot mid battle for you know its intended purpose, or a mainframe bot, or hey what if they forgot to buff and want to flick on a nitro, flex or a spider... nah can't do that eh, cause accessing the inventory in combat is evil.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Exaggeration or not, opening the inventory mid-combat to keep getting benefits every so often from artifacts is definitely not part of the intended gameplay.
    • Like x 9
  7. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Yeah. I'd have to agree on this one. I'm not gonna lie I've dabbled in art swapping but it definitely isn't intended. If they wanted us to use 4+ arts they'd give us another slot or more.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

says who? If a green name says it sure, but you're just a player right...

Again you're not thinking of all the reasons why a player might need to access their inventory in combat you're just honing in on the "omgerd people shouldn't be able to swap artifact, I know I can do it too, but I don't want too, it's unfair, you hear, unfair!"
    • Like x 3
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Your stance on this is somewhat baffling to me. The OP suggested an all or nothing approach that doesn't seem to be overly opinionated either way.

It's simple. Do the devs support it?

If no... get rid of it.

If yes... make it less tedious to use.

I don't think anyone actually enjoys going into their inventory over and over again mid combat. That would be a bit masochistic. A system in place for swapping would be pretty cool. Otherwise... let's all enjoy the game without dropping our scopes.
    • Like x 3
  10. Pher Active Player

This isn't game breaking in the least. If your power set has quick acting powers then swapping arts will hardly be worth it as the damage you gain from swapping is about the same as you loose by not doing further damage with your regular rotation. I've tested this myself and came to the conclusion it's only worth doing with powers that are channeled and you don't lose damage by opening the inventory. Regardless, while it can add some damage, it only adds maybe 5-7%. Consistently application of a good loadout it still the best way to do well. Reality is, people always find a way to try new things and that's what makes it exciting. I wouldn't want to play a game if absolultely everything is scripted from the devs. I love how players come up with new things in this game. As long as they're not outright glitches than I'm fine with it.
    Yeah, I can't agree with this post, sorry.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you know no one has an issue with someone swapping them 'on occasion'. I'll personally swap in my lasso for add heavy runs or boss fights I'm tanking, claw on my troll if I can see the group is not super power hungry. I've swapped EOG out for another healer artifact If I see it's an EOG heavy run and mine is not adding as much as say a page of destiny would benefit my heals.

That's not arti swapping as many people are doing it. 'On occasion' for some means every 4-5 seconds, and there is no way they figured people would be doing that. We all know a 4th artifact slot would greatly mess up most raid balance and this is basically allowing for that.

Build in a 2-3 second delay opening your inventory and it would likely be enough of a problem to stop the heaviest abusers, while still allowing for a grab up of a repair bot, changing weapon or other piece of gear on the fly or putting in a specialty arti for a certain use 'on occasion' as you say.

It's funny for someone who wants the game to be played 'as it was intended' (you know...the clamp), you think swapping artis 100x a boss fight is perfectly fine. And before you say 'well if it wasn't fine, they wouldn't have allowed it' again....I say....the clamp? Didn't it 'fix' something that was allowed AND intended for a long time? Maybe it's time to 'fix' arti swapping too?
    • Like x 6
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Because the suggestion made in the OP is pretty much how it already functions and I took exception to his very first sentence and in fact anyone whose leveled an array of artifacts in this game to use in various scenarios and circumstances should take exception.

He said verbatim

"I think its game breaking a player being able to keep changing artifacts in the middle of the combat."

How is it game breaking, why is it game breaking? Some of you keep saying "unintended" like you're an authority on what "intended" actually is.

We have been able to access our inventories in combat since the dawn of this game, the only reason this has now become a problem to 'some of you' is artifacts,

You never had a problem with it prior, you never cared people swapped in trinkets, you never cared people swapped in and out soders, you never cared when people on bots they needed, you only care now, because you're upset someone bothering to level artifacts and actually use them to their advantage and gain, are now using them to be 'better than you'.

It's the epitome of the 'green-eyed monster'. everyone can access their inventory and everyone can do this.

You don't get to express selective outrage and start screaming "unintended" when something becomes subjectively dis pleasurable to you, that's nonsensical.

Coming back briefly to the OP, the first two slots of our artifacts are already basically permanent, very few if any would be making any attempt to tac swap in the artifacts in slots 1 and 2, they're simply putting the most expendable artifact in the last slot and swapping it in and out as necessary or beneficial.

If anyone actually is tac swapping others in to other slots with enough speed to not risk death or suffer damage loss then it's not a cause for outrage it's cause to be impressed and one should aspire to such a level, not make a request that it be removed because you're unable to replicate it.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Isn't that what armories were intended for? Might as well go ahead and ask they lift the cooldown timer on armories then.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Well, the same goes to you, no? A green name has never endorsed tac swapping artifacts or mentioned the intended way to use something like Pied Piper's Flute is to keep swapping it in and out.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not quite sure why you think there's a contradiction when my view is entirely consistent.

Accessing the inventory is an intended use and you're free to use whatever is in there irrespective of whether you're in combat or not. You've correctly even highlighted a need to swap your artifacts yourself, yet then persist in a nonsensical line of restricting the very access you yourself admit using...

I'm not sure I've seen anything quite so absurd in a while.

No let's really splash the truth out here, the only reason, only reason, people are upset about tac swapping artifacts is because it results in that player more often than not being a more "robust and better player" and it makes the other person jealous, that's what this is about.

I don't have 10 artifacts to help me, so let's restrict everyone's access to make them more like me.

No, don't level up your own artifacts, don't actually try to put in your own effort to do it, no just restrict everyone that has, so they can't...

This has nothing to do with clamping, so I'm not even going to entertain that strawman.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I think artifact swapping on consoles needs to be facilitated a little better, right now the menu open/close time for the UI is too slow for it to be practical for console play. Level that out? I don't have a problem with it.
    • Like x 3
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Since this game was released have we ever been restricted from accessing our inventory, curious, why was it artifacts that suddenly made this a problem for you...
    • Like x 2
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

I think there needs to be a 4th slot, so I can swap all 20 of my artifacts.... just because some can't do it don't need a nerf or hate or if you only have 3 Artifacts... smh:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Just give us 20 slots so we can wear them all at once, that way when I stumble in the dark I don't lose my way to the inventory key :D
    • Like x 2
  20. SilkyPawz Bunny

Purrrrfeecttttt lol :p
    • Like x 2