Artifacts / seal of preservation Question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BDA_HitMan, Jan 16, 2018.

1. BDA_HitMan New Player

I have an Artifact ( Cog of Mageddon ) 60% success rate on breakthrough and is rank 99, I am trying to breakthrough to 100, I know that breakthrough can fail and you can lose your seal but this has happen 3 times in a row to me trying to breakthrough to 100 and I have had to buy a new seal every time. ( note: this is my fourth seal I had to get)

I'm to the point of giving up on it.

Q: Is this normal, trying to breakthrough to rank 100 for it to fail 3 in a row ? ; has anyone had this happen to them or heard of it happen ?.

Any insight would be grateful
    Darkred Dragon.
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Chance of failing 3 out of 3 tries with a success chance of 60%: (1-0.6)^3=0.064
    Sorry mate, you're one of the unlucky 6.4% who failed their rank 100 breakthrough three times.
    • Like x 2
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've only ever failed once which was at 80, but that's it. I don't desire to get to 100 since the stats buff is minimal. I just dump all the metal into my second artifact.
    • Like x 4
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

I have only one artifact at 100 (the other 2 are at 86), and for the 3 of them (5 counting my 2 alts which are at 80+) i only fail when reaching to 100. I failed 3 times (maybe 4, dont remember exactly).
    The other artifacts,had no issue getting to 80.
    • Like x 1
  5. BDA_HitMan New Player

That is it, this is the fourth time I have tried to breakthrough to rank 100 and it failed losing the seal from a 60% success rate.

l done trying, I have spent to much on it, and I feel like I got suckered

4 TIMES IN A ROW , it nothing but BS
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

2.5%
    • Like x 2
  7. BDA_HitMan New Player

LOL , I should do it one more time and become a 1%er ( of bad luck )
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

if u fail once again u belong first to the same 2,6% crowd as me, failed 4 times in a row , 5th was a success though

Edit: oh i see u already failed 4 times, good luck
    • Like x 2
  9. BDA_HitMan New Player

five time and it work
    thanks Korlick
    • Like x 1
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I had one fail 4 times in a row at 60! The seals are relatively cheap but it's still annoying that the breakages happen. Good luck on 100 :D
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

To be fair, once you've failed once, your chance of failing the next time remains 40%

I've failed twice at 40 (on 2 different alts) so don't feel that bad.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

This reminds me when I was playing Baldur's Gate.

The odds of copying a level 1 spell in your spellbook was like 95%. More or less depending on your Intelligence.

And them you would try to copy many level 1 spells in your spellbook.... and would end up failing 4 times out of 5.

So after that.... you would get a bit paranoid and would drink a potion increasing your Intelligence before copying a bunch of spells to your spellbook.

Ahhhhhh.... the sweet memories. ;)

Sadly..... that is something that happens quite a lot with RNG.

Getting a string of back luck is not a rare thing in Computer games. :(

Although.... that is something that can happen quite a lot in D&D using good ol' fashion dice too. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

luck dont stacks... so each time you done it, you still facing 60% rate... and 60% success rate isnt that high, so it's not so usual to be failed 4 times in a row.... if you think that you shouldnt fail 4 times, you are falling for the gambler's fallacy..
    • Like x 1
  14. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

I'm i wrong for not giving a crap about artifacts and deleting all the 9th metal that fills up my inventory?
  15. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

you arent wrong, artifact bonuses is small.. it's not something that is "must" have.. also why deleting Nth metal? why not sell them at the broker?
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

This is basically the same thing i am doing with the 7 ALTS I run. Everyone has at least one artifact at level 60 .. and currently everything else has been on hold while I have been leveling up Artifact # 3 for the SOON* to be released second slot. Let's see altogether i have 1 artifact at 85, 6 more at 60+ , 8 more at level 40, and another 4 above 20 working toward 40. Overall I have had exactly one Break through fail getting to level 80 and while they were on sale I purchased a bunch of seals so I have 22 standing by if I need them

In all honest level 80 is the biggie.. since that's when you obtain that group buff .... Level 100 just gives you a 2% increase in ONE stat. I personally will have all three artifacts on all 7 alt above level 80 before I even think about getting any to 100.

To the OP .. I have seen players here that said they'd failed as many as 6 or 7 times before hitting 100. It can be frustrating but you have two options.... Stop at level 99 and just don't even bother with that final break through or just keep buying seals to you succeed . Even when they are not on sale they really do not cost that much.. better that losing all those catalysts and having to start that all over again.
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Really edgy but also pretty stupid.
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Because you cant.
  19. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

wait, really? I know the Nth metal from Vault is untradable... but the Nth metal from random drop also untradable?
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Some is account bound but none is fully tradeable

The broker would be going NUTS if it was lol
    • Like x 2