Artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Always be moving the goalposts, amirite ALB?

It's easier to just say "I was mistaken, I should and will take this data into account with my opinion."
    • Like x 1
  2. kingmasternova Loyal Player

You always for how much inventory & Bank slots

You would have to buy to hold that many
    Also i have'nt got any 3000 nth metal
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

I don't trust their data. Even if their data is true, it doesn't mean anything. My post shows it's possible to get 2-3 200 artifacts, the point is, what take one person months to get can be bought in 5 mins. Comprehension.
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Go look up p2w. You're changing the definition.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Look I’m going to break it down as simple as I can for you.

Pay to win (P2W):
    Gain access either an item or attributes that no other player can EVER get without the use of micro transactions.

Pay to progress (P2P):
    Gain no additional items or attributes, however you do progress in the game faster, giving you temporary advantage.

If you would have said that artifacts are as bad as pay to win than I would agree with you. But said it is pay to win which is not true
    • Like x 2
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Okay, but based on the fact your video shows someone with "a year's worth of nth metal" but that person doesn't have any of the 3000xp nth metal pieces when he should have 52, I don't trust YOUR data.

Also your original point isn't about pay to speed up being pay to win, it's about how hopeless it is to level up artifacts without spending money in general. Then someone gave you data that challenges that posit, so you moved the goalposts. That's what happened. it's easy to see by anybody reading through this thread from first to most recent post.

The definition of pay to win has, for years, been: The ability to obtain an item or ability through spending money that is above and beyond what is attainable through regular play.

Proxy's got it closer, there IS a pay to win aspect to artifacts, but its in the seals, which is a problem shared by everybody.

Does it take longer to level up an artifact without buying nth metal? Yes. Is that fair? No. It's not designed to be fair.

It's designed to take monetary advantage of the age old tradition of the haves and have not.

These days, we call the Haves "tryhards" which I love, because it is now an insult to tell somebody they work hard.

The haves and have nots will always be there, in every MMO and each and every other social aspect of your human life. It's not fair, nobody likes it, but that is how it is and will be. That's what you're complaining about. The person who said "water is wet" had it right on. We all know how the system works, we don't necessarily like it, but we understand it's always going to be there in some form.

I get you don't like it. I appreciate that you voice your opinion on the matter.

Just don't misrepresent your point in an effort to discredit someone's very valid challenge to your opinion. Leave the goal posts in the ground and accept that sometimes you get scored on.

Regards,
    Hash
    • Like x 6
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

Google definition; a situation where a player can buy ingame content or ingame changes, with real money that give the player a gameplay advantage or advance the player gameplay wise.
    Artifacts are dropping 2-3 times a year with atleast 2 that are meta. It take months to level 1 to 200.
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

That person is me and that's an alt. It's not enough room on one toon to hold that much stuff. Someone else tried that same dumb logic. It make no sense.
    Someone saying they got this and that without paying money isn't data. Someone else saying they know a person that know a person who didn't spend money isn't data. It's he say she say.
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

that's all it ever was, & all it ever will be. artifacts are the new scoreboard. when people talk about "winning" in this game what they mean is "bragging rights". this game will never change. ever.
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Exactly. And you don't need to play 6 hours a day to achieve this either. I play at most 2 hours a day and even take a couple days off during week. The odd day here and there when I'm home alone I'll spend a good 4 hours on the game but I've only been able to do this once or twice since Metal 1 was released.
    • Like x 1
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

How do you buy your way to the top with Time Caps? There's nowhere near enough so to achieve that. You could probably have over 400sp without collecting a single Time Capsule item of feat.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Your “data” is also he says she says. You show no proof that that’s all the nth you got in a year.

I have taken your side in arguments in the past. I say this to show that I’m not taking sides against you out of emotions or whatever. It’s not that hard to max out artifacts as you claim it is. Every 2 months you get enough loyalty points to buy either a seal of completion or a 75000 nth metal from the police station. This means you need roughly 22 of those nth metals to reach 200. You also get a 3000 nth metal each week. That’s 12000 a month. Every 2 months you get 87,000 nth. Yes I know that’s terrible... however you also have all the nth metal that drops from the vault and stabilizer if you run it every day. Plus just doing your dailies gives you nth too.

People often forget they can buy nth metal and seals of completion from the police stations. People also don’t run the vault and stabilizer daily (myself included). And people also forget than nth can also crit when you feed them to artifacts.

The system IS broken and I agree 100% that the level of P2P if to much. However it’s still not pay to win
    • Like x 1
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

People use that game currency for every argument. TC, replays, artifacts, etc. Leveling artifacts day 1 when it take others months is a gameplay advantage. That's p2w according to the google definition
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Exactly. Payment isn't required. The whole premise of this thread is that everyone has to spend money to be successful at the game. Never mind the "successful" is subjective and is different from player to player, but it is false and misleading to say that everyone "needs" to spend hundreds of dollars to complete the top raids in the game.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s not the good definition.... that’s a definition of google. That’s also looking everything as black and white. If that the case anyone who has ever spent a penny on this game is pay to win. Having a membership gives you an edge against those who do not have memberships. How dumb is that?

Pay to win is having purchased something that one can not have without having bought it.

Pay to progress is having purchased something that one can have without having bout it but having it sooner.

What are you not understanding about that?
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Has nothing to do with understanding. Your definition is wrong. Using subscription as an example make no sense.
  17. Controller Devoted Player

Forgive me IF this has been mentioned in this thread already...

While I won't dispute the OP's stance on this there IS another way to look at these Artifacts -

They "DO" - in fact - produce OTHER battlefield effects OTHER THAN the stats that are supposedly being replaced from the revamp in 2016....

Rao Amulet is a POWERFUL tool - even at level 120 you have the ability to give bosses and adds some minor deficiencies...

The "stats" that are supposedly being replaced are ALSO being given BACK to us WITH some pretty cool additions...

Scrap of Soul Cloak is EXTREMELY helpful with your Supercharges.....

There are many other artifacts that produce cool effects.

For ME - there are other ways to look at this.
    • Like x 1
  18. fm0987 Committed Player

I agree while they can have pretty cool effects, at the same time, as others have stated, this often leads to a form of elitism or superiority (scoreboard chase, no?), or even in regular content I’ve witnessed players telling others that they aren’t using the “proper” artifacts for their role etc, etc. Either way, this mentality is always present I suppose, be it replay badges or whatever. Anyway, not really sure where I’m going with this, just ranting now lol.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Using sub-optimal artifacts can and will affect your performance and the scoreboard will easily indicate that and you shouldn't be oblivious to it.

That being said, to a certain extent, ignore the people telling you what to do unless a lack of doing so causes content to fail.

In the circumstances that it fails;

i.e. if you're running elite content and your damage output is clearly sub optimal and there's a burn check then you should start looking at your output, not just being artifacts but probably also your general loadout, where you're positioning yourself etc. If that then leads you to your artifacts then so be it.

sub optimal damage dealers do get carried in the game but you should note that when there is a burn check that scoreboard is going to be loaded up by people and the lowest damage dealer is just going to be jumped on immediately if they're too far away from the others.

Also don't close your mind (and this isn't you specifically by the way I'm talking generally) regarding using other artifacts that might still be a lower level but end up being more beneficial, the damage output you get from say a rank 120 transformation card, may exceed that of a 160 soul cloak, just because you've got it 160 doesn't mean you should instantly be using it.

I'm not saying get rid of it either, but this is why it's useful to have multiple artifact options for whatever the situation dictates within your means.
    • Like x 1
  20. Controller Devoted Player

Don't worry my Friend - I Control about 90% of the time, lol...........

The ONLY thing I worry about is getting a Heal, Defense and Damage debuff on bosses and adds, giving power on demand AND providing as many Group Shields as possible.

No "Pew Pew Pew" for me.
    • Like x 1