Test Discussion Artifact Upgrades to level 160

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's an affectionate villains-only catalyst.

Untimate Soldie and Lexie and Catwomie are all old friends.
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

something is wrong with the seals, they do not seem to get into the seal slot correctly, at least visually...
  3. DCAutymn Developer

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Apologies for being quiet this week -- been busy!
  4. The Game Well-Known Player

?

they are already tradeable on live. Only the vault and stabilizers aren't.
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The drops off adds are account bound. You can trade between alts on your account, but you can’t trade to other players or sell on broker.
  6. Ully Committed Player

Hi, I have a question concerning the 140 and 160 level artifacts. Is there a reason why these higher level artifacts do not transition on a 1 to 1 ratio when converting them to another artifact? While previous artifact levels do not convert on a 1 to 1 scale , it would make complete sense for these higher level artifacts to do so. On the test server, I converted a 140 artifact to a level 1 and it only progressed that artifact to a 120. Surely, you can see the issue with this, considering the gap from a 120 to 140 to be quite substantial.

I think this is a real issue worth addressing as it can limit a player's direction in terms changing powers, roles, and dps builds (prec/might ). Its not fair for a player to grind an artifact to level 140 or 160 or any level for that matter, and then have them lose artifact experience during a conversion.
    • Like x 2
  7. DCAutymn Developer

When feeding one artifact into another artifact, you get 50% of the artifact's experience towards fortifying the new artifact.

Artifacts are an investment in time and play, and having one at whatever level is an achievement. We don’t want players to be swapping and re-ranking one Artifact for another situationally, for certain boss fights, etc. But, we do want players to be able to retire an artifact they no longer want without losing all of their progress. 50% of the experience is the middle ground we settled on.

As a note, if you want to get full experience value, you could wait for a bonus artifact experience weekend to feed one artifact into another.

Autymn
    • Like x 5
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

if every time new artifacts are getting obtainable,
    an event happens too, to reassure players for it,
    maybe the salvation ASAP turns out very nicely...
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Puts alot of things into perspective when the devs take time to explain the methods behind their madness. I used to think having artifacts only give half their XP towards a new one was a pretty terrible idea that didn't make sense, but I can see how it would turn artifacts into a gag joke and take away from their original intent if you can just swap artifacts at free will whenever the situation calls for it, I can definitely see players doing that with how cheap catalysts are on the MP.
  10. G4MOOSE New Player

My only gripe in terms of artifacts is that it takes so much xp to get them leveled that I feel like my alts will never be able to have them.

Is there anyway there could be some sort of account wide progression system rather than individual characters? Similar to how I can buy a skill point or something? Let’s say to keep me from swapping out artifacts at will like you expressed as a potential problem, I can unlock a level 80,100, 120, 140, 160 artifact as long as another character on the account still has that artifact and level requirement met. You’d still have to grind for role specific ones but maybe you could cut down on needing to level a dps side for every single character. As for exploiting this system for quick xp artifact feeders, make these 'paid' versions worth 0xp and make them level locked versions. (aka if I 'paid' to unlock a level 80 artifact, it was locked at 80; if I wanted to get the 100 version after I'd unlocked it elsewhere I'd have to 'pay' again)
    • Like x 2
  11. Ice master187 Active Player

So how do u feed a artifact already max into a new artifact u want to use ?
  12. G4MOOSE New Player

Idk if this was in reference to my idea but, assuming it was an artifact you actually leveled and not purchased it would function as normal. If it was an artifact you bought you'd have to start from scratch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.