Artifact Swapping Is A Joke

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HowlingSpecter, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Oh do please keep up.

I'm not for the DKS having its cool down reset, nor am I for the retention of stacking effects, despite the fact I don't care whether it happens or not. I've already said that can be removed and that has consistently always been my position on this topic.

I however, heavily support the ability for players to be able to swap their gear, including but not limited to artifacts and the developers have reinforced this particular position numerous times now.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

We don't disagree with each other then, I even alluded to as much when I said earlier to Deity, think about how this topic would've gone down had it been correctly directed at the DKS exploit rather than artifact swapping in general.

That exploit should be fixed and as you know I've said repeatedly where possible stacking effects and retention of effects can be removed as well, just not the act of and ability to swap gear, including artifacts, it would seem on that point we agree.

As for whether or not the PS4 is outdated, we'll have to agree to disagree, but in my defense, the PS4 was released in 2013, it's now 2023, The PS3 was released in 2006, in 2017 DCUO ended support for the PS3, 11 years after its release.

It is now 10 years following the release of the PS4, the only thing the PS4 still has going for it is Sony's diabolical launch of the PS5, which is even 3 years old now, but has been plagued by supply issues following covid.

Whether you like it or not the PS4 is heading towards obsolescence, its 10 year old technology, most people don't keep a PC in excess of this either or if they do they start to suffer from the exact same performance type issues you're experiencing with your dated console.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See this is where the falicy comes into play. I'm not having 'performance issues' with the game on PS4...unless I wanted to be a sweaty swapper. If being a sweaty swapper is not required (you and several others say it is NOT required) then the PS4 is perfectly fine, and up till recently when they fixed the god-awful PS5 crashing issue...was even more stable in some cases.

So which is it? Swapping is required, so the PS4 is now 'outdated' for DCUO...or swapping is NOT required, so the PS4 is perfectly fine. In every other way except loading screens moving faster, which in most cases is 0 impact to how the game plays, the game is the same on the 2 platforms. I don't even find the graphics noticeably better on the 5, though zones DO load in a bit faster. That might change with the new client, but as of today...nope. I played both PS3 and 4 at one point and the difference in them was night and day...and I had already upgraded my 3 with an SSD, so it was more like a PS3.5 and it was STILL night and day on the 4. PS3 was due to go when it went. The difference is nowhere near the same with the 4 and 5....except on this 1, supposedly NOT required, point. I'd also argue that the advancement in the game between 2011-2017 and 2017-today is vastly different with the 1st span being the greater advancement....again, with the exception of this 'new' need for rapid fire inventory access.

I mean look at the minimum and OPTIMAL requirements on the PC. Seems to me that the PS4 should be perfectly fine with this OPTIMAL PC equivalent. (this is from Nov 2020 BTW...so 'updated' around the time PS5 was hitting the shelves).

Minimum Recommended System Requirements
    • Processor: P4 3.0GHz or AMD equivalent
    • Memory: 1GB
    • Graphics: nVidia 7800+, or ATI (AMD) 1950 or greater (comparison chart)
    • Network: Broadband Internet Connection required
    • Hard Drive: 30GB of free hard drive space
    Optimal Recommended System Requirements
    • Processor: 3.0GHz dual core processor
    • Memory: 2GB
    • Video Card: nVidia 8800GTX or greater, or ATi HD3800 or greater (comparison chart)
    • Network: Broadband Internet Connection required
    • Hard Drive: 30GB of free hard drive space
    System requirements subject to change as the game progresses.
    But overall, yes...we are in agreement. Swapping does not need to be 'removed' just the potential for out of control stacking or outright exploits like DKS, need to be addressed in some way. Personally they could probably tighten up the way the inventory screen loads to level the differences in hardware, but I'd guess that's a full GUI overhaul story.
    • Like x 3
  4. Special Guest Level 30

Because voices should be heard.

This is not an illegitimate concern.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

You're heading down a tangent that my post wasn't really intending to provoke.

I was simply more widely pointing out that the ps4 is heading towards obsolescence.

Eventually support will be ended and I think when it comes to some performance issues, whether that be less efficient artifact swapping or any other performance factor the player needs to accept their dated hardware is a significant contributor to that experience.
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Its funny because i quit for the exact 2 reasons you wrote 1. not enough quantitity and quality of content on new episodes and 2. this art swap aka lack of interest to provide a equal balanced gaming enviroment.

i wont pay or play a game like this those that want to support this game in its current state go ahead but i also want to point out if someone is actually bothered by this and that person still spend on dc and play it that person doesnt dislike it enough :) just some food for thoughts for those that remain supportive of the game talking on the forums on this subject doesnt do alot If the goal is for the devs to fix it they wont unless they realize that it damages (Population drop,memberships drop) the game more then it benefits it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Thank you! Now I feel safer to say this.

Players do anything for top damage and ignore teamwork but complains about art swapping but hey, its team work and getting things done.
    and why do I got the feeling that they don't like art swapping because they get out DPS by players with more maxed out arts.

I remember players asking for more arts slots but don't like the arts swapping? Isn't that like the same thing in alternative?

And even though PvP is dead, mostly players that still PvP is hypocrites lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. appocolyps Committed Player

Wasting your time brother, i wish you weren't but iv tried expressing my concern and a handful of others have too, unfortunately there are 3/4 players that have this particular issue on lockdown and will bombard you with their repetitive pro arti swap nonsense until you grow bored of hearing the stupidity being spouted from their man caves, too many end game sweats that have dropped their life savings on artifacts and are terrified of losing their clutch for the greater good and balancing of the game.

Devs aint gonna stop it either when they got $$$ rolling in, honestly bro save your breath, no1 here will listen.

Devs mentioned they would address outliers and arti swap bugs months ago, still waiting.....
    • Like x 5
  9. Sollace Well-Known Player

I'm only giving my opinion on the subject, but if this gameplay concept is to be a sad fate, then the idea I've taken the liberty of proposing here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/artifact-link-to-accounts-its-time.330139/ must be clearly implemented, the allied system should even be eligible for this idea! !

One thing's for sure, if the devs still want to have lasting players on this game, they shouldn't ignore what's being said on the subject ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Funny you say people are just terrified if losing clutch. I don’t art swap. Never have and probably never will. Yet I’m defending it. I’ve also directly asked you specifically for proof and even gave you a simple way to provide said proof. Yet you never have.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, my counter point was if the practice is supposed to be 'supported' as most swappers contend, it should work effectively on all the systems that are supported. PS4 is supported as of this date, so it's age or upcoming obsolescence sometime in the near...or far...future, doesn't factor in. The second they shut down the PS4 is when it should stop properly supporting the game.

Honestly, I'd guess that it's near impossible on the switch as well....and that was only launched a few years ago with no 'current' version to upgrade to yet. Granted, I'd guess no one can do it on switch, so it's not a scoreboard factor there, but it would be a 'feature' of the game that is platform limited.
    • Like x 2
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

Voices were heard, and on some occasions, responses were given.

There’s a difference between having your voices heard and demanding they take the action you want taken.

No one has called them illegitimate. (Straw man)
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

No, because more art slots could potentially help "fix" the issue by reducing the need to art swap (in which supposedly takes "skill" to do).
    Not saying they should add more slots, just explaining that there is a difference.
    • Like x 1
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

As long as there’s more arts than slots available, it’ll be a thing.
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was about to say this. Unless ALL arts could be socketed at once, people will always want to swap just 1 or 2 more. Hey, maybe we'll have enough that Starheart fragment will find some love finally....like as the 10th level swap in.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Pretty much this. Not sure what's hard to understand here. If they remove artifact swapping, that means people would level up fewer artifacts, which means less revenue.

If anything, they should add more slots.
  17. Special Guest Level 30

The issues still exists

Voices still need to be heard.

Apparently.
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Like I said, I was merely saying that there is a difference.

Art swap= have to swap and be strategic in inventory
    More slots= set it and forget it, no inventory "skill" required
  19. Proxystar #Perception

It does become illegitimate when you ignore the dev response, which you are, simply because you don't like it and won't accept it, but you refuse to let it go.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not actually sure why you act like it's not supported already?

The developers have said the art swapping is fine, where they decide to balance things I'm sure they will and where they decide it continues to be fine then they won't, such is their prerogative.

They are also entirely fine with gear swapping and they've said as much multiple times. I don't think they care about whether or not it is or isn't more possible because of your system.

They are not balancing their game around the most inferior system they support, no sane developer does that in a cross play, cross platform environment where hardware differences, always have and always will lead to advantages and disadvantages.

As sucky as this sounds and appreciating not everyone is in a position to do it, but if you don't like the limitations of your system, then you have to upgrade it or accept the problems your dated hardware is causing.

It's really that simple.
    • Like x 1