Artifact Question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG Haram, Nov 19, 2018.

1. OG Haram New Player

I'm new and my friends are telling me about how hard it is to rank up artifacts. I was in the Watchtower and spotted this person. How much money does it cost to get this much xp?
    [IMG]
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You save up metal by playing all day and night with multiple alts. Then buy 75exp packs in addition on a 2x exp weekend
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The cost? Well over 150 dollars. Probably over 200
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Wait am i seeing things? Has that person loaded 4.5million experience into an artifact that only requires 680k to max out.

It looks to me like that person has desperately fed artifacts to a gemini in an attempt to just level it up day 1.

That is beyond foolish imo...
    • Like x 1
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

What the ...
    • Like x 1
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Even then, that's still not likely what happened. Double xp was before the dlc came out so that's 340k per 160 artfact. Even if you fed 5 160's into the gemini, you'd be at 1.7mil xp and it wouldn't let you feed into it anymore.
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Or maybe something newly fishy is going on.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Well yea. I did wonder but wasnt going to make allegations lol
  9. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

The devs already knew about that thanks to ppl on the EU, they've long prevented that from happening again after the double xp event before the last one. Whats in the screenshot is the result of saving xp up from that. :rolleyes:
  10. Proxystar #Perception

what did they do get 8million xp across arifacts and feed it though?
  11. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

During the double xp weekend (The one before the last one) people were putting xp metal into an artifact and then feeding that artifact into a brand one (ones you can buy from the quark vendor) until a crit happens. Double xp event prevented losing half of what you're putting into the new artifact and the crits would increase the xp overall. Devs had already fixed it by removing crits altogether so it wouldn't happen again.
    • Like x 2
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

I honestly was thinking the same back then but then I decided that I'm way too lazy to put much effort in it, lol. I too had a "critical artifact" from 2nd to 3rd one when I fed my Omegahedron to the Solar Amplifier on an alt. Though in my eyes it was legit, the XP gain from that was simply way too much. And with tradable artifacts that cost 1 RB each it was bound to be removed ^_^ People probably also did it so that if new ranks ever emerge, they already have the xp. Also with 4mil xp you can infuse them into each other at 50% without negative effect
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Not legit in my eyes (and this is obviously my opinion) but any reasonable person knows that's clearly not going to be intended.

This undermines the integrity of the artifact leveling process, in the sense of honestly and genuinely leveling artifacts; especially new ones that get released, in my opinion, how many 4.5million xp artifacts are these people sitting on? Crazy...
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Just stock up and wait for a double nth metal weekend and just cash in :D you'll be there in no time

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

What I ment was that critical XP was a thing that was commonly known and a thing that was - generally speaking- legit.
    Just infusing a single artifact at 160 into another with a crit was something I'm sure happened to some of us.
    That there is a way to get artifacts for marks or badges always also a known thing. This just created a loop hole that was probably not on the devs radar. I agree with that.

However, I think we should differentiate between players that did it on accident and players that purchased multiple artifacts on purpose. And even then I won't blame a majority of them who combined two legit processes that way.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Oh of course, doing it on accident, absolutely no issue with. Noticing an issue that has likely just been overlooked and then exploiting that for either present or future gain... yeah a bit different. ;)
  17. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

If they ever increase ranks, they could flatten the max xp gained to the current max so those players who used that unintended "glitch" get back on an "even field".
  18. OG Haram New Player

So I can't pay for this T_T
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Over leveling an artifact doesn't give you any extra stats, it just means you've waisted xp that could have been used to level up another artifact. So the only benefit is that they have enough xp for some possible future breakthroughs and would only need catalysts at that time. And if whatever they did is repeatable, they got no real benefit at all from this (other than a subtle advertisement that they may know how to quickly get late sums of xp, but they may deny it off you all).
  20. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Future breakthroughs or they have guaranteed 160's when new artifacts come out. 4.5mil can get halved 2 times and still be only $10 away from a 3rd 160 artifact.