Art swapping is ludicrously ridiculous

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Fennec, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Fennec New Player

Devs can we please have something to prevent us from playing the game inside our inventory? Art swapping is unique and creative but its mind boggling.
    • Like x 5
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Watches a video on new raid, nothing but inventory screen. So that’s what it looks like, neat, kinda looks reused though. #tryhards
    • Like x 1
  3. Trinidad James Loyal Player

It's just fine, look at this random video of a raid through the eyes of a earth DPS.
  4. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

A bit of self control? If you don't like it then don't do it.
    • Like x 2
  5. appocolyps Committed Player

Good luck i warned them of the levels it would reach once people clocked and more arts were released over 3 years ago, they are "monitoring" it or at least were over 1 year ago, devs aint gonna change it imo, they lazy and scared of loosing the money from the endgame whales that scoreboard chase!
    • Like x 3
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

:confused: Yeah I seriously don't understand the need for art swapping either.
    • Like x 1
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

If you know anything about this player base, then you would know it will be forced on other players who don't wanna swap will get kicked from groups. This needs to be stopped as soon as possible before it becomes the norm gameplay and everyone's forced to do it or be kicked.
    • Like x 3
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Art Swapping is a valuable reason to stop to play this game.
    • Like x 2
  9. C3alix Committed Player

This is one reason why there's so little DCUO streamers. No one wants to watch someone spend 50% of the time going in and out of their inventory every time they're in an instance.

"Hey, i want to see how this game looks!"

*watches streamer perform an epileptic performance*
    • Like x 2
  10. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

So players dont like art swapping? Or is ir because they dont have 160 arts to swap? And cant out dps players on art swapping?
    I dont get being against it. If a players that is addicted to top damage and dont like art swapping?
    Is it only because of the top damage competition?
    Art swapping helps controller and healer also and healers and controllers also dont like art swapping?
    So because there is 3 slots to artifacts and that means art swapping is a crime?
    Okay, what about weapons swapping? 2 Hand precision damage on mobs and Martial Arts to range bosses.
    For mobs and bosses swap weapons for melee damage and fast range damage.

Is it because theres 3 artifacts slots and so swapping arts is cheating?
    That doesnt rule out that swapping arts. Its only using the abilities when equipped and changing other arts to use abilities when equipped.
    Theres no rule on swapping gear and weapons during combat to use more abilities outside the equipment slots capacity.
    Such as any rule has ever been so. As to reality on what we can and cant do and what people decide what it is thats cheating and what isnt. As people decide but we arent given such authority by higher power of true knowledge before our time.

In this game, do as you want. Get the arts to 160 and it doesnt take long at all to get a few ro 160 on 1 toon using the benefts feom doctor date.

If players arent against art swapping. But in such authority to feel it shouldnt be allowed.
    This is likely and very likely due to wanting top damage but cant against players with more arts.
    Well, just keep playing and take a few months to get some arts to 160 on a few toons.
    Have patience. We play games everyday for years and have the patience to do so but no pwtience on arts swapping? It doesnt make any sense on that reality.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

They need to do something with it. Some kind of command that allows us to preset swaps that we can do it without accessing our inventory. Holding L1 L2 R2 R1 and a specific button for each artifact to swap it into that last slot.

Everyone would win this way. The devs keep their whale funds... the players get to utilize all their poorly spent money... and the people who don't like looking at their inventory won't need to to be competitive.

How or why this hasn't been implemented in 2024 is beyond me. Seems like a no brainer.
    • Like x 1
  12. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Well, when you play on ps4 and the inventory takes a couple seconds to open, you acquired a skill point so it now auto opens to that window, or you just don’t need every artifact to beat content.

I feel arts have become an unneeded necessity to get the stat buffs that come with them due to power cost and whatnot factoring in arts now, boo! I have no issue beating content and if it takes me another 2 minutes, so be it, idc. All I really care about is being power sustainable which cyborg and oracle can accomplish, and powerset balances like fixing quantum because that power be donkey butt since they nerfed it during the a.m. era.

If someone out beats me, meh, good for them, I don’t have any cookies to give out. All that means to me is someone is using a broken power/precision/ss and turned their wallet upside down.

If people really want others to art swap… I will gladly accept wire transfers over and over so I can go level up all the arts. Might need more inventory space so that’s gonna cost more. Reorganize my inventory, cost more. Want me to swap arts mid rotation, cost more. You get the picture.
    • Like x 1
  13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Just get a second controller for your feet that can swap for you. Idk… just a thought
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

If DCUO actually released a pedal controller for swapping artifacts... I would buy it for the novelty whether I used it or not. That would be legit.
    • Like x 1
  15. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

There is the console controller vs the mouse and keyboard.
    Which is also a difference for PvP.
    The speed and timing in skill for reactions and the flexibility.if devs can add keyboard and mouse support on consoles.
  16. Fennec New Player

Art swapping is a fantastic new innovation and with the price of artifacts it should be incorporated into the game. But as of right now its ridiculous. Thanks everyone your ideas and input are welcome and will be taken into some type of consideration. Until then level as many arts up as possible and enjoy DC universe online
  17. Fennec New Player

Where does this thread say i dont like it? Curious?
  18. Tomazo Level 30

Hundreds of threads have been made on this forum complaining about artifact swapping, yet nobody cares....devs are not showing signs of doing anything about it ...i'm not gonna be surprised if they even jump in here to defend it .

Its ridiculous ... ^^
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

For a whole heap of reasons, I can barely be bothered to switch Armouries for Adds these days. There's no chance I'm going to bother minimaxing to such a ridiculous degree as to swap Artifacts. If you're completely uninterested in the Scoreboard, it's pointless.
  20. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Everyone looks at lfg they see hardy any ppl in it these days. Want to know why? That because there are massive art swap communities out there that only run with ppl who swap aswell. You gotta remember the game as a whole is clamped 70% of ur base stats. Artifacts are not clamped so when they give you the option to swap arts ur gonna actually break the game. if done in a full swap team you'll make anything even elite look like event. what does that means for elite plus well that's gonna feel like a hybrid reg/elite run. Art swaping gives you the option to run clamped or not clamped. so everyone's finding swaping community's so they can run content unclamped. This is why LFG looks dead these days
    • Like x 1