armoury is very loud

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Smart Bomb, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

Silly thing to moan about I know and I have adjusted the sounds ffects settings but I have it so low I can barely make out anything else in my lair, but in my penthouse the hum of the armoury is so loud I think my elderly neighbours are gonna call the cops. I tried to see if this was as bad in a few other themed liars and it's quite loud. Is there a way to adjust specific sounds? After a while in your lair you can get a bit of a head ache lol.

Anyone else think the armouries are a bit op in terms of sound?
    • Like x 5
  2. The Great NK Well-Known Player

Like literally, just turn the tv volume down. That's kinda like asking for a glass of lemonade with ice and them going to the manager saying ice is too cold.
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've noticed a few other sound effects are louder than others. There are explosions that occur in the game that are far louder than other sound effects and hurt my ears. If I turn the sound down any further, I would not hear exobits/investigations/collections/briefings. I do think some sound effects need adjustments to be in line with others.

To your lemonade example: I ask for lemonade with ice and receive lemonade with ice and dry ice. I then complain that the dry ice was too over the top because it is causing burns on my mouth.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I hate standing anywhere near the League Hall teleporters in the watchtower, that noise does my head in! xD
    • Like x 2
  5. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

It's not. The OP doesn't seem to have requested for the armories to emit sounds in the first place.
    • Like x 3
  6. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

My request is the that the sound needs to be tuned down. I'm not sure you understand. The volume of the armouries themselves are too loud. Turning the tv down is a mute point, then I would be turning the sound for everything. As I had said I had adjusted the sounds in the game settings, this lead to what others have pointed out that things like exo bytes are inaudible.
    • Like x 1
  7. Alekimsior New Player

Hm, I think the generator and the teleporter make a louder noise. Not that I'm complaining....
  8. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

That phase shifter in the watch tower is the worst, I have to admit. I play a villain so ours is a light hum but the hero one is pretty annoying after awhile.
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I agree! 110%
    i think it's the bank though!

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/penthouse-lair-theme-is-not-serene.187491/
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Everything is freaking loud especially in the Eastern Lair.
  11. DC-9xlives Developer

hey Smart Bomb, thanks for the report.

We'd hate for DCUO to be responsible for having the cops called on you, so I adjusted the loudness and frequency balance of a few of the armory loops today, including the Tech style.

The fix probably won't make it to Live until GU45.

Until then, I hear that old people like cookies.
    • Like x 10
  12. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

Thank you
    • Like x 1
  13. HazeTA New Player

Any chance of lowering the sound of the generator in the Penthouse lair, It's so loud, even when standing on the floor above it, the noise goes straight through the floor like your standing next to it.
    • Like x 1
  14. chipzes Committed Player

While you're at it, the Tech style Teleporter sound loop is extremely loud and annoying as well. Hope you can find the time to look into it :)
  15. The IQ Active Player

That's Hilarious, that superman'd right over their head.

If it's too loud, you're getting to old, hahaha.
  16. DC-9xlives Developer

Since the styles use similar elements, I had touched up the penthouse generator as well yesterday.
    • Like x 5
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thank you.
  18. Rex Incarnate New Player

Any chance of having the sweet sounds of Billy Ocean come from those armories? Figured I'd ask.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tenilla Ice New Player

mute point...i see what you did there.
  20. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

wasn't gonna make a thread..but yeah..PH noises are too loud