Armory swapping possible changes.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Jan 12, 2022.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This may be a hated idea or may be well received. It may be an impossible request. I don’t do game development so I have no idea. But there are clearly a lot of artifacts out. There are a lot of players with ST and AoE load outs and then they may also have multiples of those. And a lot can dual role and may have 2 or more armories for that. But for this, the 4 usual ones are what I’m thinking could be changed. It’s easier to say this in story form to get my point across.

Sixth dimension raid. You’re running an AoE load out for the 1st part of the Lois fight. Then you switch to ST when she comes out. But you can also tank. One tank, the one that was on Lois, goes down. You could switch to your ST tank load out and make the save but you’re locked out. Bummer.

So what if only the used armories were locked out? Like you could switch to tank but then you’re locked out of your 2 previous armories because you’ve already used them in the last few mins? Heck, if you got to use 4 and the other tank went down, you’d be able to switch to AoE tank one more time and maybe salvage the whole raid. I know the tac swap conversation will pop up. We’re doing it regardless. Armory sales would go up, many more players would want to start leveling other artifacts. Even the players that hate tac swapping would reap the benefits if they so choose. And if Allies start getting saved to armories, all the more reason. I know I’ll be a lot more on board with Allies once they can save to armories.

Discuss? Pros or cons I’m not thinking of? Possible at all? I know for me, I’d start a boss fight with Source shard/ dead kings/ philosophers then change to EoG/ source/ quislet then back to normal source/ grim/ quislet. And then if one of the healers went down, I’d swap to EoG heal. And if the surviving healer went down, I’d switch again to my solo heal build. Which means I’m spending some money to have more armories. Just bought a 4 pack so all my toons can have at least 3 each. If I could swap more often, I know I’d have a base full of builds.
    • Like x 5
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I understand the concept you are conveying, and I wouldn't mind knowing the reasoning behind the armory change (during combat) extra long cool down.

I was running a raid last week, was dishing out a lot of damage, healer went down nobody pickup the healer, so I switched, then another person switched. Would've been nice to be able to switch back to dps.
    • Like x 4
  3. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I like that idea and wholeheartedly support such a change.

Would also be a great help for the clumsy people like me:
    *tank goes down* "Neph, go tank quick!" *reactivates dps armory* "..." Well rip. :oops::D
    • Like x 4
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I honestly have no idea why it is the way it is but I’d imagine it was about balance? As it is now, it may be considered an unfair advantage to built groups that communicate vs pug groups. Like if we go into that fight, I’ll let the other possible back up healers know that I won’t be able to swap and someone else will have to because I’ll be going from AoE to st mid fight. Your scenario happens constantly in groups that aren’t communicating. Issue there is, that other player may also switch back lol. But it starts to give a reason to communicate with a stranger since just typing “you switch back to dps “ in chat saves any issues from happening.

My idea may have some downsides but it does open up the door for the game to make more money at least. Any time I come up with an idea, I try to figure out how to monetize it 1st before posting. I know we all like not spending money but that’s not a great way to motivate changes. It’s not like this is going to cost anyone thousands of dollars but a few extra bucks and it makes the game feel fresh and different.
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lmaoooo “uh guys uh we’ve got a problem… I uh hit the wrong armory… uh I’m on my funny load out with gag glove and clown box…”
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

More preventing abuse i think.
    • Like x 4
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Most likely yeah. But I think they can still accomplish that by locking out the previously used ones/ keeping that timer. My guess is they can’t do it due to how it’s coded but with tac swapping, I think we’re already kinda abusing vs what was intended. So may as well make some money on it haha
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

It allow for too many ways to save a group. Thats 8 armories swaps players can do in a boss fight at any time. If we ask for more, they may need to design around that.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It would definitely make it way easier to save a group. Which means things in a built group get easier. Which is bad technically but also good for the players. I don’t know, that’s why we’re discussing haha. I ain’t gonna argue when I know you’re right. Figure with all the collective knowledge here, we could come up with a happy medium.
    • Like x 1
  10. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

What do you mean 8? I can only have 4 active ones at any time (on PC) :p
    And with the 5 or so minute in-combat cooldown, you've either wiped or moved on by the time you could restart the cycle.
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

:p the 7 others in the run xD
  12. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Ooh of course! I did a brain fart there :oops:
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Recently I decided to be knocked out of the Grall Father Box (it turned out ... lol ...), in the battle with Zeus, the tank died ... it died a second time, followed by the healer ... I pressed on my tank armory, at the same time with me it did another player ... in the end we were left alone against Zeus ... we brought him to his knees ... but 2 tanks ... it took a long, long time (strangely no one left the raid while we were slow but they methodically finished off Zeus with bee stings) ... if I had the opportunity to switch immediately to my Batle Tank armory, the battle would have ended several times faster ...
    • Like x 2
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Solid example. Wasn’t going to be a wipe regardless but went on much longer than it would of had to. Or maybe it would have then caused a wipe if you were a squishy dps and no one was there to heal you. Kinda deflates the comments about making things easier. It was probably way easier with 2 tanks albeit slow slow slowwww
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Thought of your post the other day when the same thing happened to me. Two healers and a tank fighting Zod in Sunstone Matrix because I switched to healer and so did another damage player. The burn was so slow, and I wished one of us could have switched back to damage.
    • Like x 2
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha happened in one of my runs too to another player. I was still thinking of possible ideas that maybe wouldn’t be too game breaking but still make it fun for us and could still deal with that issue. Thoughts on a non commitment cool down instead? Meaning you switch and you’ve got 10 to 15secs to switch again before cool down starts. Would be a chance at salvaging that situation and could be a blast with tac swapping. I know it’s not everyone’s favorite but it makes for a lot of different playstyles and it should generate income between more players wanting more artifacts and more armories. And someday hopefully more Allies
    • Like x 1
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The reason behind long armory cooldowns was to not let players use extended loadouts. Lets say prime enemies with electrify an then using a loadout that doesnt use any primer for max damage. This is pretty outdated since a lot has changed as the stats revamp happened.

I would love to see a decrease in armory cooldown while in combat. I wouldnt even mind if its an ally passive. A reasonable min in combat cooldown of 30 seconds would be great. Not too long and not so short you could abuse anything with it. Well, maybe supercharge buildup Loadouts will pop up but even that wouldnt be game breaking i guess.

If its a tech issue, then i would leave it as is. Otherwise, could need a change.
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I support this.
    Yup

Sadly now that i commented, mepps will surely turn his nose up lol
    Sorry Hellstroke. I am in favor tho!
    • Like x 1