Are we getting more powersets?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ksmpiggy, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ksmpiggy New Player

I want to know if in the next few DLCs will we get more powersets?
    • Like x 3
  2. Delta795 New Player

Yes we are!!! John Smedley told me yesterday via text.
  3. AllanPage Committed Player

I heard atomic was the upcoming power not sure if it was a joke or not.
  4. Dynagirl Committed Player

It probably is. There are a bunch of nuclear meta prisoners running all over strykers along with the other powered npcs like lightning, mental, and earth.
    • Like x 1
  5. PKMN12 New Player

I remember in a Podcast them stating that there would be no powers this year.
    • Like x 2
  6. raaddd Well-Known Player

in 2014 :cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. Comixfan Committed Player

I asked the question in a podcast last year and the devs replied saying no new power sets this year as they're focusing on revamping the existing powers. They've not said anything about next year, however, so fingers crossed!
    • Like x 1
  8. TrueMarvel New Player

9. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

we dont need any more powers. we got 9 already.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zuse Loyal Player

We need to be able to change power color
    • Like x 12
  11. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Doesn't make sense to me how Champions had 5 or so MORE power sets at the 2 year mark than a DC/WB backed game does.
    • Like x 1
  12. Singlemaltkiller New Player

You can usually get an idea about new powers from adds in the game. So atomic/radioactive is more than likely next.
  13. Comixfan Committed Player

Atomic. Water. Physical. Wind. Sonic. Force. Chronal. Magnetic. Shapechanging. Holy. Demonic.

And that's just off the top of my head.

There's a lot more powers they can add to the game, and they need to lest they risk the game becoming stale.
    • Like x 8
  14. SuperMia New Player

Ice has wind and water.

Flight has wind powers too.

Sorcery has demonic and holy.

Nature has shapechanging.

There are iconic sonic powers.

There are also iconic physical powers.

So atomic, chronal, and magnetic seems to not have been introduced at all so far.
    • Like x 5
  15. Johnnylagz117 New Player

how water has been over looked still is amazing it could be a healing or control power but I mean aquaman? Lol

winds another one been take it from any rpg have wind cuts, cyclones , lift/toss, heck it fits a million things . even Jedi like lol

toxic , poisonous , atomic all could work at doing life away controller maybe.

ect ect ect.

it's kind of depressing , look at young justice and just imagine what they missed never mind . the basics like how about Martian manhunter invisibility maybe u can't do damage during it but can't be damaged?
    • Like x 1
  16. Johnny_Prime New Player

Aquaman doesn't control water, he can breathe underwater and control fish.
    • Like x 1
  17. Joker New Player

Dark Sorcery controller power would be sweet
    • Like x 1
  18. Cataclyzm New Player

Actually Jens did indeed hint at new powers in 2013 when asked on his Twitter account:
    http://twitter.com/spytle

He was asked:
    will you guys release another 3 powersets in the future or is this it with light, electric, and, earth???
    His response:
    something is on the horizon in 2013.
    On another tweet, he implies that Captain Atom has 'Been on his mind a lot lately". However, he goes on to state that 'Atomic' powers might be too limiting for Captain Atom.
    He also talks about a Shapeshifting power like that of Plastic Man - he says that it was on their original list of powers, but proved to be very difficult to implement. Still, he does say 'Never say never"
    • Like x 3
  19. Volaron New Player

I beg to differ.
    • Like x 2
  20. Volaron New Player

Pics/Links please. I think something like this would've been posted on the forums in a second.