Are the DCUO Devs going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Radioactive Spider, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Radioactive Spider New Player

This is a discussion about the direction of DCUO. With the current Devs, we have noticed some "game changing" elements coming to play. Many love these changes, many hate it. Do you feel the game is going in the right direction for you?

My thoughts on this matter is, we have not had a solid direction since the first year of the games release. We are at the 3+ year mark and with the current plans I do not see there is a set direction the devs are taking. They have made a lot of changes, almost like fumbles, recently to try and "listen" to the community. With many in the community on the forums who complain about nerfing things or say its too hard, too cold or too soft, changes have been made to satisfy these lucky forum goers. Changes being made to satisfy a select few, but at what cost? A lost direction because the game sacrifices enjoyment for being a long time player in favor of the new guy who just hit level 30.

Without a vetrean reward type system, the games direction will always fall flat. Giving the new guy a chance is all good and well but you're driving away those who have stood by you in all your past mistakes. People who have stood by you from the start of the games release who have encountered freeze after freeze after freeze. Broken mechanics, glitches and exploits. Let us not forget about the hack and the people who were paying legendary and not able to play. All the new guys will not have experienced these past inconveniences. And you wonder why the community vetreans are always at an uproar with every new decision being made? It is because you make these decisions against us and not with us in mind. It is time we Really start thinking about the future of this game because the things I am seeing now are not going in the right direction, in my honest opinion.
    • Like x 7
  2. Scotty Ohura Well-Known Player

I believe the game is improving and they have found a proper direction, which i believe will bring some equality in content. They have added things we as a community have been asking for such as a rare style vendor, and feat sharing between alts. They found a way to do this keeping almost everyone happy. They are adding raids to all dlcs going from hard in one to easy in another. They seem to be looking for a balance, which is all we as a player base can ask for. They are communicating better than ever before and are looking for our opinion as they develop new mechanics. I believe this game is moving in the right direction, and the devs have really stepped up their game.
    • Like x 23
  3. Feenicks New Player

Speak for yourself. I'm a long time player and, except for the feat unlock system of which I pitched a much bigger fit about then I should have, I like the direction this game is going. I like the trilogy aspect of the future DLCs. I really wasn't that big of a fan for Origin Crisis. But I do like the Trigon DLC and this WOTL pt. 1 DLC.

There's plans for new mechanics, new worlds, new characters. Yeah. I like the direction a lot!
    • Like x 15
  4. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

After DCL 10 and T6 update i can speak about ;D
    • Like x 5
  5. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

a veteran reward system isnt a need, just a want. the game is fine, and most changes are being complained about with no legit arguement backing them. i think they game is moving in a great direction, most of which has been planned for a long time. im sick of seeing people poo poo the fact that on top of what they are doing for this game, they are also attempting to listen and please the players. they obviously dont JUST use the forums for feedback. insisting that changed are made for the few is just speculation with no reasonable evidence.
    • Like x 8
  6. Im Charlie New Player

The devs are starting to listen to the community more... only concern is that i hope they are listening to the right people....
    • Like x 6
  7. Azrael New Player

well some PROs i see in the future:
    • DLC structure after DLC10
    • League halls and DLC11
    • more communication between Devs & players

Some concerns of mine are:
    • JC nerfing and combat changes that will cause people to leave
    • Weapon mastery and DLC 10
    • Like x 5
  8. Tikkun Loyal Player

I like to think if the hack more as "I paid $15 to get an awesome Batman Inspired Mask and exclusive feat." :)

Take a look at the roadmap. The devs give us information as they can. You have to understand they can't tell us everything, but they have laid out a full year of dlc for us and started a new WIP forum to discuss ideas with the playerbase. They didn't have to ask us anything or get our feedback, so that's very considerate...even if it does cause a lot of uproar.
    • Like x 5
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Lets make note folks, the "right direction" thread of the week has started. See you all same time next week.
    • Like x 14
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

I cant really speak on this topic, and a few others will agree. Cant speak on this topic until DLC10 comes out and the final changes are made and the stats for the support roles are confirmed to either promote support roles, or futher push out support roles and promote dps. Until DLC10 drops, dont really know.

What I do know is that the upcoming changes will create some balance and hopefully by GU36 we can come somewhere close to it.
    • Like x 3
  11. Radioactive Spider New Player

there are two types of people i have noticed on the forums in general...

First type will support this game no matter what direction the games goes because they are with it till the end.
    Second type will support this game only because they are passionate about the game but will not settle for anything but the best.

the first type will never give the feedback the second type is looking for. you can't please everyone but you can try to find a balance so you keep both types happy.
    • Like x 5
  12. Burnt New Player

Weapon mastery will turn DPS into D "Take your time doing damage now so you can see all the pretty animations we made!" Yeah, right :(
    • Like x 2
  13. Breakforce Loyal Player

DCUO: Home of the Perpetually Falling Sky
    • Like x 17
  14. Drakonicus New Player

Who are the right people ?
    • Like x 4
  15. Drakonicus New Player

DCUO, aka Asterix Online ?
  16. Archangel Rafael New Player

yes.
    • Like x 5
  17. Archangel Rafael New Player

Which is a giant improvement over D via "hyper-speed faceroll graphic-exploit causing character to have on-screen seizure"
    • Like x 10
  18. SoulflyMike42 New Player

The word of the month lately is "balance". I feel there will never be a perfect balance in powers and I would not see why they would do that. If every power, weapon, and content is "balanced" then there will be a lot less Power Respec Tokens bought. They have done a great job making the latest DLC powers very strong. Making it tempting to switch from a current weak power to the OP power.
  19. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Im happy that they are planning on doing raids for all Dlc's beyond 10 and w/ diff difficulties. Also it seems that they are really starting to focus on balancing the game...not sure if thats even possible or if its just clever ruse to push us towards WM, but seems like a good approach regardless. Im a big proponent of communication and am glad to see the Devs more inclined to open discussions w/ the community.
    • Like x 1
  20. Enickma Dedicated Player

LOL, you beat me to it.

This is probably the second-most annoying type of thread, right behind the Premium vs. Legendary stuff.
    • Like x 5