Apology

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Just wanted to quickly apologize for my... pessimistic perspective and assumptions before Artifacts were revealed. Since we had time capsules implemented I've been apprehensive about other systems that may be implemented.

This isn't to say I'm still not a little nervous though. I believe it has a lot of potential to be a good system and that's what I'm hoping for.

It's what the game deserves.
    • Like x 14
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Right there with you buddy xD
    • Like x 2
  3. Controller Devoted Player

I'm usually one of the Positive Patrick's around here but I'll withhold final judgement until about a month into this thing.
    • Like x 9
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Yeah I definitely understand. My hopes aren't high yet just incase I get disappointed but I am temporarily relieved because I was expecting much worse.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

If they keep it from slipping into or behind a paywall..ill be happily surprised.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't blame you, and tbh you shouldn't really be apologizing.

I'm not intending to be disrespectful to the development team, but when you have people more worried about a new feature being behind a Paywall or it being bad for the game instead of being excited about it. It's a true sad state of affairs.
    • Like x 4
  7. Isif Committed Player

Only time will tell. Until the system is fully realized, I will remain neutral. Team synergy is a plus. Not entirely ready to start high-fiving.
    • Like x 3
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It looks like the catalyst is probably going to be the issue with it breaking and it being loot locked so I expect some funny business with it .
  9. TestReporter Loyal Player

Same, i don't think they would spend so much resources in something to not get anything back, but who knows, maybe they changed their minds after the absurd number of negative feedback on the TCs.
  10. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I watched the stream last night and after sleeping on it, I'm ok with it. I don't care enough to get on the test server to see what it's like ahead of time (I plan to do that for the next DLC to see if I want to subscribe) but it doesn't sound horrible. My assumption was that it would be another money grab and I'd be even more disgusted than I currently am with the development of the game.

I guess, in other words: it wasn't enough to get me to delete the game, but it also wasn't enough to get me to resubscribe.
    • Like x 2
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

imo if it requires all DLC' its a bust, seeing as developers allowed people to skip DLC' they didnt want to play or par-take in for what? 2 years?

and now they decide nope you have to have every DLC or be legendary for a artifact?
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

DLCs or membership are cheap, if you decide you want to play certain content you don't own. If you decide not to, you can trade for the catalysts.
    • Like x 2
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

as I already nobody will be trading them as it will be another form of making tons of money from those who choose to take part in artifacts.

So allowing people to pick and choose which mission to run on any given day and stack them like we can T4 missive mission is the better option so we dont have to fall victim to yet another broker scandal.

as it was you (the developers) choice to allow players to skip over content for what? 1-2 years during monthly content period. Why should anyone who chose to do so be punished and have to go back and buy old content now?

Thats a design flaw in artifacts from the get go among every roles artifact only benefiting DPS' performance.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Playing content isn't punishment. If you want to play content you don't own, there's a clear and obvious solution.
    • Like x 7
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ummm, just cause they allow you to skip content doesn't mean you should or are forced to. I don't see how encouraging people to go back and run old content is a punishment. We need the shorter que times.
    • Like x 1
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

they allowed it to happen during monthly content by telling people 'oh hey you dont like this DLC? thats fine buy the next 1 any your set' as 2-3 DLC shared the same minimum requirement.

encouraging people to run old content is all fine and dandy, but dont force people to buy content that they have no interest in. Just to take part in a new system.

as I said they can allow us to get multiple missions at once / like we can in T4 with the missive missions. I have around 10-20 of those hidden in my journal atm on my main.

Why cant we have the same option with this system? Meaning:

day 1 - you get BN mission (choose not to do it)
    day 2 - you get area 51 (do it)
    day 3 - gets 1 for hive moon base (skips it)
    day 4 - gets 1 from DWF (builds group for this, BN and then Hive moon)
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

then dont tie the missions to DLC area's it should be all content that f2p players or people returning to the game can access for free.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

To play some other instance and supress the wish to play the not owned content?
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They didn't really encourage people to skip when they had the treacherous CR differential in place. You know damn well pugs wouldn't take you if you were at minimum CR.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Im sorry but I disagree, and in multiple live streams they even said if you dont like this 1 wait for the following DLC, as you have that choice and freedom with monthly episodes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.