Anyone else not receiving mail?

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Atrocitus Ps4, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

I have not received completed collections, briefings, investigations, broker sales, broker purchases, all mail in general for roughly 5 days now. I can send mail and attachments to others just fine, but not receive it. I put in a ticket and after some help back and forth. I've been directed to the forums as they said this is a problem multiple players are experiencing. I was wondering is anyone else having this problem and if so did you find a solution?
    • Like x 2
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

I just always receive my emails with 1 hour delay when completing briefs or investigations. I have no problem when buying on broker. USPS.
    • Like x 1
  3. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

Oh yea character is legendary, was renamed during the name reclaim day, and I'm os USPS ps4. If others have the same problem please post any similar facts, to help get this solved asap.
    • Like x 1
  4. La Shark Dedicated Player

I sent 5 base items to my kids account and she only recieved 3 out of 5.

My alt recieved the other 2.

Something isn't working properly.
  5. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

6. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

No one else having these problems, 3 weeks now still no mail.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I haven't been having any issues with this.
  8. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Same issue here... I noticed late, but when I look at my inbox, it's pretty much since the reclaim on a renamed character. I currently have an open ticket, so it won't let me open another. Hopefully dev sees this.
  10. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I just want to see if there are any patterns here because my problem also followed the reclaim. The character with the mail problem was renamed from "The Shadowdragon" to "Shadowdragon." So it's a minor change.

I also renamed a second character from "Queen Tiamat" to "Takhisis," which is completely different. This character does not have the mail issue.

I'm on USPC, so it looks like it can happen on either platform. There's also no issue with outgoing mail & attachments.
  11. Xanoth Dedicated Player

My main character has never received any mail from my alts when I've tried to send on collection items, currently totals over 40 collection items as good as deleted.

Issue happens when all characters are in the same guild or on each others friend list.

Correct letter capitalisation in names seems to have no impact.
  12. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

Sorry to hear you both are experiencing similar problems, as this is very frustrating. Hopefully we can see a fix in the near future. Appreciate the replies.
  13. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

I'm worried that the mail is being sent to the former owner of the name. Example: Shadowdragon_I is receiving your mail, may not be an issue with the rename to Takhisis because possibly Takhisis_I no longer exists or never existed, just a thought. Appreciate the reply.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

That's possible. I added that to my ticket. Both names that I reclaimed from were inactive USPC names. So they are now Shadowdragon_I and Takhisis_I. Maybe something bugged with just Shadowdragon during that transfer. I do recall on the day of the reclaim, I logged on just as the servers came up. When I consumed my tokens, there was an extremely long pause before the rename went through (minutes). Something must have gotten corrupted. I'll update here if my ticker ever gets looked at. I have another 10 days or so before all of those lost messages expire.
  15. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

Be nice to see a Dev comment that they actually acknowledge the problem.
  16. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

17. DevDirt Developer

Thanks for the info. Letting you know we are aware and checking into this issue.

-dirt
    • Like x 2
  18. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Just an update that my ticket was closed by Customer Support and they actually sent me to this page...
    http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27235/kw/tki/p/3580
    ...claiming it was a top known issue. Only delayed investigation rewards is a known issue :cool:.... not related to this.

The response also said that the expired items can't be restored, so just an FYI to anyone with this problem that you should be prepared to lose whatever was sent during this period unfortunately. :(
  19. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

i do know that if you happen to have anything other than letters/numbers and one space the mail will not get sent. So if you happened to switch names to something like Kal-El (when naming blocks were off), or Spider-Man, the mail does not get to you. (they sent out a message while back about it and that names needed to be fixed.)

Could be the reason.
  20. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Hello DevDirt-

I just wanted to check in on this to see if there's any new news. CS closed my ticket so I'm no longer getting updates there. It's well past 30 days, so my in-game mail is now empty. I thought it might help you guys troubleshoot if I create some kind of marker for you to track. So starting last night and every night going forward, I will send a couple of test messages:

1) From Shadowdragon (problematic character) to Alyssa Goldenblade - this actually works fine
    2) From Alyssa Goldenblade to Shadowdragon - this does not work, but maybe it can help you trace if it's getting lost or getting mailed to another character

The subject of both messages will be "Test" with a date/time stamp.

Thanks.

Shadowdragon