Anyone Else Having Lag SoCal?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Aug 28, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I'm trying to figure out where I'm experiencing this issue. Whether or not it's me or my connection to the game.

Speed Tests show normal.
    DLSreports ping test shows normal.
    tracert www.daybreakgames.com times out after 10 hops.
    tracert www.google.com is fine.

The kind of lag I'm experiencing is exactly the lag I get when the game is being DDOS'd. But I know for a fact my leaguemates, who are not in Southern California, aren't experiencing this. It started 11:20 AM, when we just finished Athena and zoned to fight Kalibak and Steppenwolf. Everything was working fine for about 2 hours before that.

I've attempted to see if changing DNS works, doesn't.

So, anyone else experiencing this issue?
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Phase packing as i call it can an does cause this. The more ppl concentrated in 1 phase, in 1 area, in one specific fight for sure can an does cause this
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I am aware, but I have not had this issue at all since I've been back. Plus, it still happens when I'm in a lair too.
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

What kind of lag is ddos lag?

Whatever kind of lag it isnt just happening in full phases. last night i was in a sparse phase and all the same issues that happen in densely packed phases were still happening. screen blinking, rubber banding, cool down issues, getting stuck n certain animations, blinking about, players fading in and out.

you don't quite get to experience just how much they !@#$ed mental up until you get a little lag.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DDOS is a form of cyber attack, usually a group effort.
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

ive had lag all day not just dc but other stuff. the only thing i can really think of is it could be connected to the fires.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

That's a thought. Would make sense why I suddenly had the issue.

I did a lot more testing today and same issue. I pinged www.daybreakgames.com and got a 100% data loss, but google.com gave me a 6% loss.
  8. Lantern Javi New Player

I’m in SoCal I noticed this last night as well.
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

This game has been laggy every since new DLC dropped. Its especially laggy within the new DLC area.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, understood, but I've been doing fine all week until yesterday.
    I'm in talks with my internet provider to see if it's somewhere on my end. We shall see from here. Sad, I'm going to probably miss this double mark week. :(
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

That I'm aware of. What I was curious about is what kind of lag is BB experiencing. There's lag and there's lag. You should remember some of the different effects we've had over the years. Right after Tides of War went live we would freeze every few seconds for a sec or the weird handblaster pose or the everything freezes for a few to a dozen seconds and then speeds up...

with regards to the past week or so my lag hasn't been the "usual" DCUO lag. Loadouts aren't flowing properly, characters I'm fighting right next to fade in and out, the transformation lag for mentals invisibility gets me stuck for a little longer than usual and sometimes it even works to my advantage letting me fire off a power right after pain blast (which normally, thankfully, brings you out of invisibility).

some people have reported being brought into another phase using the teleporters. that hasn't happened to me but if i decide to jump into the solos using the telepads in each respective area to grab a few quick crystals while waiting for bosses to spawn I almost always come out in a different phase than my group.

that kind of lag.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’m in SoCal and haven’t experienced much lag outside of being in a packed phase or from using stealth.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

After much time wasted talking with my ISP. They are sending a tech out to check my internet.

Rubber banding, popping, cooldowns stuck, animation stuck, battle still going for me when ended, massive delay on opening windows/menus, delay in chat, etc. These all happen whenever there is a DDOS attack happening. I've experienced quite a number of them with DCUO back in the day. I think they've not been so bad since the ex CEO was poking a wild beast years ago. That one really should not have happened.