Any possibility that we are getting a new UI in the future?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Oct 6, 2016.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Months ago they were looking for UI artists. Seeing the new direction we are going, our UI is out dated and needs smoothing up.

Will we ever see a new UI?
    • Like x 1
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

#DCUO2
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. coco Committed Player

Oh pretty please with a cherry on top, do this! We (my husband & I) don't know how much more we can take without a new one!
  6. krytine Loyal Player

Didn't a few things ab9ut the ui get updated
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Most likely not. They have been slowly introducing and revising old UI elements though, like the welcome screen, CR instead of level, broker improvements, R&D archiving, On Duty sorting etc. Now granted the last two in particular haven't worked properly in months along with the profanity filter (settings seem to randomly get deleted) but in general I think we can see a trend here. Instead of a new UI we are getting improvements and additions to the old which, which isn't what we dreamed for but it's better than nothing.
    • Like x 3
  8. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

It's on schedule to be released w/ the Serums power...

heh heh heh ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

10. Wallachia Devoted Player

11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Ah, gotta love the enthusiasm of people these days. :)
    • Like x 2
  12. Megzilla Developer

UI artist here. It is on our wishlist but it is low low low priority. I am updating icons as I go (new spooky bytes were delightful yeah?) but no hardcore updating yet
    • Like x 10
  13. Delta796th Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  14. Sarcasm Committed Player

I'm dead . This gif lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

That is kind of odd to hear considering that the initial idea of a new UI was so that that the team "could do more" in terms of features. There were many features that were on hold, seemingly, because they relied on the new UI. You'd think something that important would be of much higher priority especially considering the basics of that UI were in place (and demoed). :confused:
    • Like x 4
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

What changed with the icon ?
    • Like x 1
  17. Megzilla Developer

There might be new UI programming going on that I am not aware of. I just make the visuals.
  18. Megzilla Developer

It should have updated art.. hmmmmm
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I believe it's the same candy corns as the last few years.

But now I'm curious ... :eek:
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

There are some changes to the UI with the stats revamp. They showed that in the stream. My guess is thats the reason they were looking for UI artists. And with those changes it means that new UI we were supposed to get that was shelved is probably obsolete now. Players are very finicky and will quit a game over a bad UI. I know updating it will cost them $ but it will make the game better in the long run ;) And that could attract some new players.
    • Like x 2