Answers needed from the devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghaladh, May 26, 2015.

1. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

It has been a while since GU 47 came out and immediately people started reporting broken sessions, were the difficulty was so high that it was impossible for an entry level CR team to beat them.

I read about new stuff introduced in the game, but yet nothing about when you guys are going to fix those things. Are you even working on it?

Gorilla Island - too many Gorillas spawn during the last boss fight, The team gets obliterated even when there are all the roles (you are not expecting level 20 people to be good and powerful, right)

Bludhaven - just too many foes everywhere. Under the bridge, where you have to transport the crates, they respawn too fast as well.

Ace Chemicals - the security (in the many room, where you also fight Chemo) is too strong. Too many and their attacks are deadly. When you have 20 foes aiming at you with fire-throwers, gas rifles and gas grenades, there is no freaking way you can survive at minimum CR. The gas attack can't be countered. Reduce the number of foes or the strength of the attack, or their health.

Watchtower containment facility - Fighiting the security enforcers feel like fighting a sub boss, at minimum CR. Again, too many foes in certain sections.

Wayward Souls - The foes do too much damage

With a Vengeance and a Black Dawn - they are so broken that I don't even know where to start.

Paradox Wave - it was extremely hard before, now it's impossible, even with a CR 115 team. It's like an elite raid, without the elite rewards, though.

Nexus of reality - One shot hell. Practically any boss can one-shot you just by scratching his head or by sneezing. I saw an entire CR 110 team wiped in 3 seconds.

Gotham University duo - first fight against Necro Magent. Are you insane? Did you tested it with a CR 100 toon? Less zombies, for God sake! (like halve the number)

Ferris Aircraft duo - well, that's just ugly, not fun and annoying. Always been like that. What about making the barrier to last 10 seconds longer?

Those are the most broken ones. The Batcave sessions are very hard but feasible. Thank you for making the boss in the bat-garage less unnerving (spending the whole fight flying through the room like a leaf into an hurricane wasn't fun at all).

I think it's high time to get some answers. Provided you are doing something about it, WHEN those sessions will be playable again?
    • Like x 24
  2. Aspenta New Player

just yesterday i posted a thread asking the same exact thing, given i did not go into detail on what specifically was broken, so i appreciate you taking the time to do so. i hope the devs respond, or at least give a set date on when we could expect these issues to be fixed.
    • Like x 1
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have to comment on Ferris Aircraft duo. That duo even before GU47 gave some T6 players headaches. I seen a few T6 players go down in that duo prior to GU47. I would hate to see it today.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's why I wrote "always been like that". It's the kind of duo that you play a few times and then you try to forget about it. I played it recently and it doesn't look so much harder than it was before. Of course, after GU 47, you can't bring the explosives to the batteries without being protected by the repellant field, at least not at minimum CR, since foes hit a little harder.
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

i three maned or they 2 manned gorila alert the other day. yesterday or 2 days ago. holiday had some drinking. one guy leaves early and bassed of the crying i am now worried. the one guy was a cr75 troll, the other guy was a 115 ish. cake walk.

i asked my buddy did they fix this because that was sad. apparently not but we assumed they did. he took 4 people in and smashed it. oh guess i should mention i was level 22 maybe 24.

what you seem to be describing especially with nexus and dox is BAD PLAYERS. one shots yea ONE SHOT you. if you know how to advoid them then your not dieing on the one shot. ONE SHOTS ARE BASIC.

i know ferris, nexus, dox, and gorilla island is ok. very doable. at the end of gorilla island a few guys leveling new toons blew right through this "broken" alert. odds have it bad players are taking their lumps. ferris always was hard and not everyone can beat it at said level. you need teamwork and to respect the machanics. even then it can be ruff for some.

these bumps weed out the garbage players. those players either quit or improve. i hope you improve.

save the i am cr 100 plus with X amount of skill points answers guys. if your that strong and cant advoid a one shot you have yet to learn the machanics meaning your not yet good. not the end of the world but dumbing down the content is NOT good
    • Like x 8
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Game is so broken I dont know where to begin. Its so bad that its literally a ghost town on DCUO now, and the new DLC came out what last week?

I hope Daybreak added more devs to the team to help with this problem along with the major lapse in content structure and design.
    • Like x 10
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree with you on Nexus. I haven't tried Dox, so I won't comment on that. Gorilla Island definitely needs an adjustment considering it is an alert to help players learn how to play their roles. The players basically need to be expert at their roles to beat it at level 14 the way the alert is currently structured. You mention that players leveling blew through it, but you didn't say they were level 14, so we have no idea whether it is doable at level 14.

Take some new players in who are level 14, and let me know how Gorilla Island goes for you as it currently is. Do not take any experienced players with you; you should take fresh players only to really get an idea of how it plays out. I would also love to see video of you with that group.
    • Like x 3
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Gorilla Island is being fixed with GU 48, FWIW.
    • Like x 4
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

4 new players that never tried it? good luck are there 4 new players total? i joke. bud people i know on alts took out the turrents and then went back to the boss. i did not question them much because it was explained people do not understand machanics and were getting slaughtered. being fair so many people have reached end game combat without ever facing a challange so even OP they are getting beat sown. i am really just trying top police that.
  10. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I considering how, I have seen people go into the regular alerts like Gorilla Island, Bludhaven, Oolong and even Area 51 and get absolutley destroyed because they do not have a full set of gear or even gear near that level I will withhold any comments I have about those instances since I haven't run any leveling toons in there since gu47 as I never do them at the first possible level anyway.

However I have run into issues with the t3 and t4 content with alts. If this is how it is going to be then the devs need to really work on something for teaching players how to play the instances, especially their roles. And the scorecard must be taken care of as well since there are too many players that do not help anyone in the instance as they are only concerned about the damage out. Which since gu47 is totally ridiculous.

But when I am in Smallville and Doomsday ko's all 4 iconics at once on his first attack, we get them up and he ko's all 4 again....and again...and again....I have to wonder if something is wrong.
    When I am in Fos 3 and Superman and Lex get Ko'd at once...repeatedly....something's not right.

I can understand that changes come like when Rage came and the Ferris Duo forever became a royal pain. And we adapt and move on with the content. But so much content was affected by gu47 it is anyone's guess as to if these are how these instance are supposed to be or not.

My last three Arkham runs have averaged over 50 minuites. Coast City took about the same, I even switched to a higher alt so that the other 3 could get some daily marks as the last boss fight was going nowhere and we were all near max for that level cr or next tier cr. I have not had these issues before, even when groups were closely matched cr wise. Since GU47 it has been a crap shoot. Unless you have some high cr's to bail you out you may not beat them at level.

Those instances were fun though (for me) and while I have been around a while newer players may hate it being like that. Players that were walked thru everything will hate it.
    • Like x 5
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I'm sorry but I just reckon a lot of this is just you and the Players you're running with... Can you post videos of all this content and the trouble you're supposedly having?
    • Like x 5
  12. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Dude, Gorilla Island is for newbies. You hardly find veterans playing that alert and, if you do, it's only for their first and last time they play it, because the day after they already moved on in the tiers. Putting a team of newbies into an unforgiving fight is a good way to make them drop the game.

You call new players "trash players", I call them "hope for the future of this game". You probably don't care if this game lives or dies. My thread is meant to send a message to the devs, because I want it to survive. You reason only by your point of selfish point of view, but you also have to consider that without new players, any game dies. A basic alert that destroy newbies is no good business.

Second, you talked of a CR 75 guy that beat it. Try that at level 16 like I was when I tried it the last time. Sure, any of my CR 114+ characters can solo it without even using powers or sodas... that's not the way to define a session difficulty, however. A team of level 18 expert players beat it? I am sure they did, but Gorilla Island, as I said, is an alert for beginners.

Second thing, I played Nexus so many times that i can't count them. Being one-shot at CR 90 is one thing, being one-shot at CR 114 is totally another game. Wiping a team of CR 110+ in a single shot it's just too much for a T5 raid. Before GU 47 I never saw a wipe with a CR 110+ team in Nexus; now it's happening. Probably I've been spoiled by too many months of OPness, I don't know. I don't remember the last time I was one-shotted in Nexus, to be fair.

Third thing, Ferris is quoted just because it's not fun, not because it's broken. It's just a little harder but still doable, as I clearly wrote.

Save me your condescend attitude, dude. "I hope you improve".
    [IMG]
    • Like x 11
  13. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Amongst your characters, what's the lowest level? Because if you say so, I reckon that you didn't play any of this content at entry level after GU 47.
    • Like x 5
  14. Circe New Player

Thank you for this thread. It's spot on.

Before the update, I was doing Hand of Fate 8-player OPs on my T6 toons to finish off styles there. Regrettably, didn't get them done before the update. Now, I can't even run them because they're so frustrating and a waste of time.

And my T4 alts are having trouble with the previously hassle-free Hand of Fate 4-player OP.
    • Like x 3
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Some of the content he mentions is fine and challenges likely occur due to not knowing mechanics. Some of the content is in fact not working properly and disproportionately difficult when compared to other content. Difficulties in some instances are not consistent with difficulties in other instances.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yes but if he really wants to provide feedback he's best to provide actual data or videos. As much as I appreciate his summaries providing actual data always gets better results.
    • Like x 3
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

How's this:

• Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I sure hope it was a cakewalk..... and even with your 22 or 24 you smashed it.

The recommended CR is 14 for that mission.

So even with 24... you were 10 CR above the level.
    At 75 or 155CR????
    Either could have soloed it...... at least I hope they could. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Holy crap... that was brutal.

i don;t feel so bad getting creamed when I tried it at CR 34. ;)
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

below are my quotes. where am i calling a new player trash players? I DONT. if you hit a tuff instance and cry and quit your not built for this game. 6 plus hour stories in new content is as old as dcuo. your logic dcuo would be shut down once fos 2 dropped. honestly how long do you want to baby players b4 they face a challange? the alert is optional and skipable so if its hard work around it until you can handle it. (save any come back that is how its been done the 3 plus years ive been here)

what you seem to be describing especially with nexus and dox is BAD PLAYERS. one shots yea ONE SHOT you. if you know how to advoid them then your not dieing on the one shot. ONE SHOTS ARE BASIC.

odds have it bad players are taking their lumps. ferris always was hard and not everyone can beat it at said level. you need teamwork and to respect the machanics. even then it can be ruff for some.

these bumps weed out the garbage players. those players either quit or improve. i hope you improve.

ok then this. you say
    Second thing, I played Nexus so many times that i can't count them. Being one-shot at CR 90 is one thing, being one-shot at CR 114 is totally another game. Wiping a team of CR 110+ in a single shot it's just too much for a T5 raid. Before GU 47 I never saw a wipe with a CR 110+ team in Nexus; now it's happening.

thankfully you added this
    Probably I've been spoiled by too many months of OPness, I don't know. I don't remember the last time I was one-shotted in Nexus, to be fair

you are or seem to be newer. ADDS would run over a bad or slacking group in a t3 even when they were full t4. yup fos 2. so being one shotted at full t6 in a t5 is 2 BE EXPCTED. if you beat nexus and are still dieing YOUR NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK YOU ARE. you can be offended but i dont much care. people have gotten to end game content with little to no challange at all.

i have and always will enjoy ferris. its not your cup of tea but its variety and again you do not need to do it. i when we had no OP players had to grind all the duos daily to get outta T1. skipping it hurt us way more than this generation of players.
    • Like x 1