Another update where superspeed movement modes remain broken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

That's abit disappointing. I was hoping that was at least a priority since It's a paid item. I am all for the game and everyone knows that,
    but there should be some kind of compensation gift to those suffering from this.
    • Like x 6
  2. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

I hate that we're so conditioned by this type of behavior that your post is presented as precedent, not another exception to the rule.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

To be fair, WOW has been such a long-time cash cow for Blizzard, that they've most likely got a much larger Development Team working on it than we have working on DCUO, especially given the fact that over the last year or 2, we've lost at least 3 key Devs from the team, possibly more. There could be ones that I don't know about.

Programming Man Hours don't just magically appear out of thin air. There are only so many hours in a day, and the smaller the development team, the less Man Hours they have to work with overall. Our Devs ALWAYS have to prioritize tasks given this simple reality.

Do YOU have a background in Video Game Programming for modern systems? And if so, are you willing to VOLUNTEER your time, FOR FREE, to work on solving this problem? No? Then hurry up and WAIT, just like the rest of us. :p
    • Like x 3
  4. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

It's called "overtime" my dude and it's pretty common in the software development industry. And yes, I do have experience in modern game design, as well as help desk and technical support, so I do have an understanding of how it works. I've never seen a software company that offical response would have been acceptable for. It shows a lack of care and value for customers, their time, and their money. Hence, "disgusting."

EDIT: It's also incredibly tonedeaf when most of this update arrived broken and misinformed. It was an absolute mess.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Put in a Support Ticket last night despite the lack of response whether we can expect a refund or some kind of compensation. I also included a screenshot of the dev, Panderus, saying that this will not be fixed soon or if ever.

I will keep you folks updated in real time.
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

A lot of the issues with the Game Updates breaking things stem from the simple fact of what an absolute JOKE the Test Server is. They ONLY have it for PC, and no other platform, so there's absolutely ZERO playtesting being done on any of the game console platforms. And the Test Server is so minimal, with so many game functions turned OFF, that it ends up being nearly useless at actually identifying bugs in the Game Updates.

I've been well aware of this for the last 7-8 years, ever since a bug that killed the Marketplace for anyone playing on a Windows Vista PC, rendering the game UNPLAYABLE when you couldn't even do things like claim your Monthly Membership Rewards! It took way too many months for them to resolve that issue! :(

But you still didn't answer my question: Are YOU willing to VOLUNTEER your time FOR FREE to help them resolve this issue? If not, then you get what you get, same as the rest of us.
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

If the issue can't be fixed you should either grant people a full refund, a gift or a decent timeframe. The item wasn't free, people paid for it, if you don't fix it then you are scamming them. If it was just a clipping issue like the ones we see with gear then okay, but it's literally not working
    • Like x 2
  8. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

I don't need to volunteer my time when I pay with my money already, just as the others complaining about this issue do. No, this is unacceptable. They bought and paid for lightstream and they're essentially being told "you're not getting lightstream." 100% unacceptable. No customer needs to volunteer their time to fix something they already paid for and the devs broke at a later date. That's absurd. Furthermore, they've been talking about this issue for a year now and are now being now being told "not now, if ever." That's so incredibly unacceptable as a business practice. They need to get their house in order.

EDIT: I might feel differently about this if it wasn't a marketplace item. If this was a general item available to the public, then yes, I would understand them saying "it is what it is, move on." However, this is a specific transaction separate from the rest of the game. This is no different than if you spent markeplace currency on replay badges that turned out to be bugged and wouldn't reset content or unlock styles/feats. You'd be understandably upset too if the devs responded "we dunno how to fix it, tough luck!"

EDIT 2: Also, I'm a bit confused with how you raise valid complaints and concerns with the devs and their practices with one paragraph, but then turn around and use those to excuse and defend their actions in another. NONE of the things you've brought up are acceptable. Refusing to fix the auras at the elbows is unacceptable. Ignoring the test server issues so that they make it to live is unacceptable. The marketplace bug you mentioned is unacceptable. All of it is unacceptable. Why are you defending it? Stockholm syndrome?
    • Like x 1
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Are you sure you understand your opponent's post correctly? It's not about what is acceptable and what is not, but about the fact that the developers do not have the resources to fix it in the near future ... so, as your opponent noted, if you are not going to solve this problem yourself ... then you have the same choice as and everyone else, put up and wait ... or vote with money and stop supporting the developers financially ...
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Hahaha I actually never noticed this
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I apologize for any minor inconvenience caused by your misunderstanding of my point. I am NOT NOW, nor have I EVER BEEN, defending them on these things. I am simply stating the FACTS in regards to this Dev Team and what we should expect as to how long it can take them to fix things... if they ever GET fixed. Look at the sorry state of PVP, which I'm told has been the way it is for 5-6 years now. That's such a low priority, due to the expected LOW return on the Man Hours invested into it, that it may NEVER get fixed.

Sure, we can say there's no excuse for it, there's no defending it, things never should have gotten as bad as they are, but the simple FACT is that our Dev Team is a virtual skeleton crew. It seems to me that it's like trying to run the U.S.S. Enterprise with the crew of the Millennium Falcon! There's a lot of things that are just going to have to wait until Han and Chewie "get around to it." :(
    • Like x 1
  12. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Thanks for the clarification.

That said, this is not a "LOW return on the Man Hours invested into it" kind of situation. These people have already PAID for a product they're essentially not getting. The "tough cookies" ball is in the devs' court to fix. Again, this is like buying replay badges that are bugged and don't reset or unlock anything like they are supposed to. There would be an immediate need to either find a way to bugfix them or refund them. The same is true here. The devs have an obligation and responsibility to either invest the time and fix it or refund everyone this bug has had an effect on. After a year of this waiting and dismissing of these people, this is simply an unacceptable stance for the devs to take. They should feel ashamed of themselves for taking this stance.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 2
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I love the response personally.
    It acknowledges that the issue is on their radar BUT they have bigger fish to fry at the moment. I cant speak for everyone of course but for me, i wouod MUCH MUCH MUCH rather them work on issues that impact the game as a whole or all of us rather than just a cosmetic issue affecting just a small % of us.
  15. Cap0037 Active Player

Could be a HER

And since its a robot it could also be an IT.

J/S
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
  17. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

I wouldn't say that every single player on the PS4 Servers is a small %. In fact I would say it is a much larger percentage than the people who are not affected (PC).

And it isn't so much as a cosmetic feature as a PAID cosmetic feature. That is the difference. If this were just some random drop or whatever that we already get in the game then it wouldn't be ideal but I really wouldn't care as much. I paid my hard earned dollars for these cosmetics and they simply don't work.

When you have my dollars in your hand the only fish that need to be fried are the ones that I'm paying for at that moment. Then feel free to fry whatever the hell else you want to but not on my dime.

Fix it or give me my money back so that I can purchase and enjoy something that actually works. This isn't an unreasonable request and it is literally how practically every reputable business does business.
    • Like x 1
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

You, and the people that throw around terms like SJW are going to get a lot more traction if you stop using buzzwords to describe things you don't like.

It's ******* lazy.

It's ******* generic.

And it implies that all people that do a thing do it for the same reason.

Just stop it.
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

Quite apart from the fact that if you follow the Dev posts, your assertion is completely wrong.
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

One of the most common complaints in the software industry (not just in gaming) is that unrealistic targets have been set, and an incredible amount of UNPAID overtime is required to try (and often fail) to meet them. If your job is on the line, you will often submit to unreasonable expectations and demands. Especially if you are a sub-contractor that is relying on continuing work from a studio or software house. Overtime is almost never paid in this industry, my dude.
    • Like x 1