Another One Of These Threads Baby!!!!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix, Apr 19, 2018.

1. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Question? Is PvP going to be getting its revamp within the next few months. Just curious because at this point your holding up space on my PS4 and I could use the 40 Gigs. Maybe the developer in charge of combat could drop in and say a simple yes or no because I only see the developer in charge of styles doing anything(which by the way you're doing a great job on those styles).
    • Like x 4
  2. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Thx God im not the only one !!!!! :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

can we tone down the POWER?! and no im not talking about power over time or the power stat i'm simply talking about power in general
  4. Hydraze Active Player

The Devs haven't given us any news on what they plan to do with PVP unfortunately. If they don't plan on doing anything at all I would much rather get a statement as opposed to the silence we've gotten..
    • Like x 3
  5. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

i mean silence can be a statement right?
    actually .. silence can sometimes even be more powerful than statements

but seriously OP they have implied it so many times already ...

1. PvP doesnt bring money
    2. PvE does ...
    for devs, PvP isnt even an option dude(it only become an option when they can make some money through Teens Titans legends character for 1000 daybreak cash each skin but thats about it for pvp revamp)
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The real problem with trying to fix PvP is that is hard to tell which direction they should go. For example, some people absolutely loved the rps system (ranks had a slight advantage over trolls, trolls over healers, and healers over tanks) and want it back, while others view it as the worst addition to PvP the game has ever had. With several issues, if there Devs go one way, they would be doing the opposite of what a large chunk of the PvP community wants. And the same would be true if they went the other way.

Sure, not every issue with PvP is so polarizing, but the Devs don't want to have to spend time fixing it over and over again (since it doesn't necessarily bring in paying players, and some of those fixes could end up being to add them remove something based on which part of the community is louder that day, like with rps), but it does serve to keep some people in game longer, so they do want to fix it. So if the community can agree on a direction, there is a good chance the Devs will fit it in to their schedule to work on.

So don't just say "fix PvP" give concrete examples on what you want PvP to be like or what you think is broken.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hydraze Active Player

If that's the case they really need to say that and not tip toe around it. I have to say if silence is going to be their answer it's VERY unprofessional for a company.
    • Like x 3
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

pvp will get its revamp once weapons are looked at and hybrid. when u see that game update pull your pants down and play with it. because pvp revamp will be next
  9. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

just enjoy pvp while its free
    • Like x 1
  10. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Its sad because there're games out there where the main aspect of the game is pvp and they're doing phenomenal. The developers are sitting on a gold mine with Legends characters and I don't know if its lack or creativity, licencing issues, short staff or just plain laziness. Could add things like different powers for legends characters

(ex Batman gets an AOE where he calls in a swarm of bats or a supercharge where he gets in a batmech suit and lets loose.)

free for all, no groups, large maps where people have to run around and find a player to hunt, once you run out of HP/lose you receive a prize on your survival rank and can either stay and watch or leave and re-que

TL;DR
    So many things that could be done to get money out of pvp but the first thing should be to make it enjoyable, balanced
    • Like x 2
  11. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

[IMG]

You can go ahead and do your game update rituals...... uh ima keep my pants but have a blast
    • Like x 2
  12. Doom Patroller Active Player

Agreed.

And that's the treatment we get.

For that very reason I'm having problems trusting the people in charge. Why should you pour your money on a game whose administrators are oblivious to their customers? As the time passes by, supporting the game is more a matter of inertia than a matter of reason.
    • Like x 1
  13. IamINC Dedicated Player

Aww so full of optimism, you should set yourself up for a major disappointment fella because as it stands they have zero interest in fixing PvP.

If they ever decide to actually fix what was possibly the best and most fun aspect of this game then watch it become heavily monitorized like everything else.

OP , if you need he 40gb then delete it , can always keep an eye on the forum and reinstall if you see an update that peaks your interest.
  14. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Probably smarter to just delete the game and check the forums periodically to see if they finally updated pvp....that's what I did....I probably haven't played in 2 years.

Well, I don't fully agree. Pretty much all of my friends (including myself) have quit playing DCUO all together. The only reason we really played to begin with was PvP....we only cared about PvE to get more skills points to help us improve our heroes or villains for more PvP. In turn that meant we would either have legendary memberships, or we would buy all of the DLCs. Now that PvP is not even playable...to us...neither is the game. PvP....rather it's free or not, is a draw to the game, you get people playing.....they're bound to spend something....it worked on me.