ANOTHER BOT SPAM THREAD BECAUSE THERES NOTHING BEING DONE ABOUT IT

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Spicy, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Spicy Level 30

Right I know theres other threads about the bot spam but thats the point, its spam right?
    So, its really clear that daybreak doesnt give a rats a$$ about its players, they just want money. Maybe if they look at the botspam as lost revenue theyll do something about it.

to the chatbot operators, theres a special place in hell for you, you cant make it there soon enough.
    you dont have a family to support, thats the funniest thing ive ever heard. you dont even have a gf much less a wife and engage active reproductive activities.

to daybreak staff, its ruining the game, why the f&^k isnt anything being done about it??????
    • Like x 1
  2. Spicy Level 30

heres an example of the cancer. this is about 20 seconds of chat, out of 15 messages, 8 are spam. its fkn out of control, we PAY FOR THIS????????????? DO SOMETHING AOBUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Starbrand Dedicated Player

This game has 13 years. Spammers are here since year one... they can´t fix it.
    • Like x 1
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

How do you attack a Spam bot in a chat well simple you create a ban bot which then permanently bans all Spam Bots. The developers create multiple spam Bots and deploy them in each chat. It's extremely easy to create a Spam bot which means it's extremely easy to create a ban bots specifically for this issue. Why hasn't it been done you may ask well it's simple they expect you to do the job for them by reporting the issue through ticket reporting system. How do you stop the hacking you may ask ? Very simple you see DC Universe goes down for maintenance every day which means the code gets changed at which the hackers would then have to Source the code which takes time. The developers would then add an anti hacking game guard which most mmos use and it does a great job at keeping the hackers out/bots. I play a game called 12sky 2 on pc with a game guard let me tell you 10 years not one hacker got through. And 12 Sky 2 doesn't even have maintenance everyday so DC Universe Online would have triple the security because the code gets changed every day
    • Like x 4
  5. Spicy Level 30

this in a nutshell.
    theres things that can be done about it, theyre just not getting done.

HOW ABOUT LET US FLITER THE CHAT OURSELVES?? INSTALL CHAT FILTERS THAT WE CAN SET USING GREP.
    ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  6. BƖack Dedicated Player

What's most important to them is that you fill their pockets with money.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

One of the constant struggles against spam bots is that they regularly adjust their messages to get around any filters the devs put into place. It's been a game of whack-a-mole for years. And with the game being free-to-play, they can just make another account if their current account gets shut down.

If there was an easy way to fix it permanently, I have the feeling it would have been done long ago.
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

There's been speculation that some of those spammers might even be on the payroll ;p
    If this comment disappears, then you will know ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

This is the fourth Thread you've started this month about spam. Irony much?
    • Like x 3
  10. kallader Committed Player

Got some stream for charity event spawning boss for many hours so you can probably go and watch those stream to see if the spammer are active while they are online or not
  11. KidKretz Committed Player

ikr!

i guess they figure, in order to end the spam, they must first become the spam :p
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

13. kallader Committed Player

PRODUCER’S LETTER – March 2024

as well as getting back into the game (racing my 9-year-old to level 30 on new characters).

He will see the gold seller/spammer for sure
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Before I reply, let me say...I agree. The spammers are annoying and impede the proper use of chat. 100%...let's get rid of them.

However, I see 2 names, over 3 chat inputs...over a few min. The one name on LFG and Trade has to at least be premium, and would take 3 min to put up 3 message (1.5 min if they sub...doubtful). Ignore them and they are solved....for today. While I agree, that's annoying and we shouldn't need to do it....AND it would be way better if we had a way for an account wide ignore...ignoring a few names doesn't take that long. Honestly the one flaw with ignoring isn't the time it takes to do so...it's the 1000 name limit...which you will hit in a few years if you did a few a day. They could at least uncap that to 5K or something and make the ignore solution more long term effective....if that's the only solution we have.

I'd guess the root issue is they don't have adaptive filters. Blocking a specific sender or 'word' in the line would just make the spammers change the word. This might be a limitation of the system...or the coding. Who knows? However, I'd guess that they are aware they exist and unless they are in cahoots, people buying from them has to be impacting DI's bottom line...so if they had the way to block them...don't you think they would?
    • Like x 2
  15. Dene Devoted Player

My guess is he has a note book or spreadsheet going.. noting all of these things down as he goes.. lol

My other guess is he is taking a LOT of things in right now.. will be interesting to see what he notices etc