Anniversary Event ... strange, sudden change of movement type

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Littlejaytee16, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

While in the Metropolis area of the Anniversary Event, after fighting some Qwardians and then turning the cog on one of those energy type pods on the ground... my character was suddenly granted the gift of flight (my mode of movement is acrobat) ... only for a few seconds. Then it happened again, where my character was suddenly granted the gift of super-speed... again, only for a few seconds. It also happened one more time during a fight with the Anti Monitor... my character was suddenly hovering a few inches off the ground doing attacks as a flyer would...

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this supposed to be happening or is this a glitch of some sort?

Also, after completing the open world solo missions, the words "listen to update" always appear on the screen... but there's no update to listen to... ? If there is, where do we hear that?
  2. Hollows Active Player

It's supposed to happen and the later seems to be a glitch. I'm seeing that too.
    • Like x 1
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

the devices you're seeing are exobyte interference devices, the effect they have is random, from what i remember some of the things they can do is: they change your movement speed, movement mode or drain your power bar, also i'm not sure what it was i just remember there's an effect that's not negative, think it's a damage buff or a power regen but i'm not 100% sure. You can use the shield consumables on the open world to protect you from them, but i would advice on saving them for the raid.
    • Like x 1
  4. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Ah.... got it. Thanks for the replies.
    • Like x 1