Test Discussion Anniversary Event: Metropolis Anti-Matter Invasion Zone missions

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey folks! I'll be monitoring this thread for any feedback about the missions in the Metropolis Anti-Matter Invasion Zone. Please post here if you have any feedback, or see any issues.

Thanks for helping look at the content on the Test server before it goes live! We very much appreciate it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

"Purge the Merge" Feedback
    I've been running the Purge the Merge mission a few times and I've noticed that the respawn timers on the fusion wave event are a little bit slow.

I'm the only one who appears to be on the map, doing them, yet I can travel the entire perimeter of the map, to all the known spawn points, and still have to wait for them to spawn.

I think the respawn timers should be adjusted, because I imagine it'll be troublesome if multiple people are all attempting to do the same objective.

Maybe a slight increase to the number of roaming massive Shadow Demon Archons, too, as there doesn't seem to be many around, to fight.
  3. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback.

If you're actually the only person in a region, the way the content is built here, content will only spawn up as you're relevant to it. So if there's no one in an area, no content will spawn. As you fly into an area, the content will start spawning in that area. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that what players should experience once the content goes to the live server will be different from what you're experiencing on the test server. It's more likely that multiple folks will be in the region at the same time, and if that's the case, as they spread out, content in different areas of the map will spawn. So I think that should mostly resolve what you're describing.

I'm going to make a minor change to respawn rates, so the Archon encounters will respawn a little faster, but it may not make a huge impact on your experience on the test server. We'll definitely continue monitoring the situation once it's live, and if it still seems problematic, we'll adjust things further.

Thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    The Qwardians on the dock around the Science Spire like to spawn on the water around the boats. Is that considered a bug?
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just out of curiosity, do you do that to lighten server load, or to minimise lone players getting randomly flattened by a wandering Archon? xD
  6. JackFrost Developer

It's not ideal, but can happen sometimes. Thanks for the report!
  7. JackFrost Developer

It's for server performance...so we're not spinning up content in areas where no one is playing, wasting those resources that could be used for areas where there are a lot of players.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.