Animated Power Auras?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mini Lini, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Okay so I was wondering, if that is even a possibility. Now seeing that they do want to branch out with new Auras {{Plasmic}} how about power based ones? Like...

Fire : Flames surrounding their body.
    Ice : Frost flowing off of the char.
    Electricity : Sparks shooting from the char.
    Nature : Leaves or petals falling around the char.
    Earth : Rubble orbiting around the char.

Havn't thought of others for the other powers but... Ya get the idea! I know some of this like the Frost can be gotten through certain Styles, but having them as an Aura would be really neat. Just for show. In my opinion anyways...

{{If anyone has any suggestions for the other powers feel free to say}}
    • Like x 3
  2. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

First, let me start off by saying I am not against the idea. Actually far from it. I would love to have a fire user who was actually on fire. that would be awesome.

That said however, I don't have the plasmic aura. But given all the problems with PS3 (and if I remember the Fire/ice revamp several powers were changed do to problems/limitations on the PS3 side), I would think any animated auras of any great detail, would only make things worse. So I don't really see them implimenting anything like this at least in the near future.
    • Like x 1
  3. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Animated Auras you say?.... How about the mystical Rainbow Aura? :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Yea, I don't really expect it anytime soon, was just hoping maybe for sometime after more players switch to PS4. Then you won't have the limitations and they can actually add stuff like this.

I'd kill for falling leaves aura on my Nature toon.
  5. Mini Lini Loyal Player

That can be Celestial's Aura.
    • Like x 1
  6. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Nooooooo :mad: It is reserved for the Rainbow power that is set to come out in the near future!! :oops:
  7. Wizz Tron New Player

Unless they give a buff I would have to say NO!!!!!!
    Just seems like more pointless crap for the game and more crap to bog down the PS3 even more
    • Like x 1
  8. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

i say use the same weapon pack styles and convert them to auras
    gives us legendary auras that's only obtainable through certain skills
    inner and outer glows
    • basic colors
    floating orb type auras
    • bubbles
    • ice chunks
    • fire balls
    • electric orbs
    • petals, flowers, leaves
    • t spheres
    • fireworks
    • floating terror tendrills or the cerebreal effect
    • magical runes
    • skulls
    • terra cards
    • light orbs
    • anks
    • hearts
    aura trails
    • fire- leave a trail of flames
    • ice- trail of icy spikes
    • nature- leave a trail of quick blooming plants
    • mental -trial of psychic energy
    • earth- trail of pebbles and stones
    • quantum- trial of exploding orbs or gbombs
    • sorcery- trial of magical runes
    • gadgets- matrix effects
    • light-corp logo
    • electricty-trail of lightning
    • leave color foot prints
  9. FrontlineR Well-Known Player

On FNL 14 I think (the one SHii3STY was featured), Mepps mentioned they had something coming for auras, saying that at the moment they're too basic and they want to add "coolness" to them.
    Maybe not those exact words, but... Watch that FNL Episode.
    :)
  10. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

why fight it when we all know the're going to bring more auras later thats like me saying no more furniture but hey it's still gonna happen so hey might as well mention a aura u rather have vs fighting it
  11. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Which is why, if you actually read posts, I said that I wouldn't expect this soon. That I was suggesting this for the future once more players go to PS4 and that becomes the primary population. PS4 could easily handle this.
  12. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Nice Sean... Floating cards would be epic for Sorcery. Be pretty funny, like a magician trick.
  13. Meep New Player

is Plasmic aura available for USPC or USPS3
  14. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Why aren't you the almighty supreme dictator of DC yet? :D
    • Like x 1
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

I would love more auras. A dark energy swirl similar to the one from the Halloween trinket or a dark version of karma from sorcery. Then my look for my main would be complete. But........
    I think auras related to powers may not work unless they can find a way to differentiate between the style and the power effects. Example. Ice's chill effect. If there was some sort of floating ice aura, it may make it hard to see if the chill effect is still on. Now, floating leaves or spinning magical orbs...cool idea. Even mini skulls would be cool.
    I get the feeling this would be great, if implemented correctly.