An upsetting stressful login experience

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knight Racer, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Just tried to login just now and I was surprised first time in maybe 9 months where the launcher asked me for my username and password. I try to remember the password after several attempts. I finally log in. It starts the character creation setup as if i'm logging in for the first time and that freaked me out. I was farming for hours last night for collections and wanted to see if anything sold. After skipping the intro and hoping to see the menu with all my characters, I see the server is down for maintenance. Not sure why we can't at least get to the screen with our characters even if we can't play the game. I still don't know if my account hasn't been deleted or hacked or what.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Itll do that on occasion. Its done that to me once or twice. Chalk it up to DCUO being DCUO and wait till the server is fully up.

There were times the character select wouldnt load knowing the servers were up.
  3. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

But have you ever had to see the character creation screen? Not knowing if your toons were even still around or if they've been deleted because the server was down? I know they renovated the new character creation system but it was a little scary seeing it as i've had this character since beta then recreating it when the servers first went live.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's happened a few times to me through the years. Usually comes from a huge longshot of logging in at JUST the right moment when the servers are up but the world info hasn't quite loaded. It's an extreme edge case. I try to give it as wide of a berth as possible.